Recommended Support Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Support Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.12.20)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Support Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | SBS1 | SBS2 | SBS3 | SBS4 | SBS5 | SBS6
This Buff Set is situated towards using certain primary weapons (occasionally), pistols and melee weapons only (frequently) against the infected. Only if you want a challenge. This is pretty much the Devil May Cry style way of playing using this buff set.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue or purple.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Swordmaster COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / Finale Dominator+*
- (SURV) Ninja+ / |V| Over Excitement+*
- (SURV) Butcher
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) |E| Deep Cuts / |E| Blunt Force Trauma* / |E| Smasher Pan**
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) Hyperactive+
- (SURV) Mobility Master+
- (SURV) Down but Not Out+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) Infirmary+
- (SURV) |E| Flaming Sword+ / |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition+*
- (SURV) |V| Double Barrel Shotgun / |C| Rocket Launcher+* / Deadeye+**
- (SURV) |C| One Man Armory
- (SURV) Auto Pistol Modulator / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Prescription Medication+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72e-gtjj9h-j8l4u2-jlk0p1-luj3i4-lf70ma-rh74 (Primary) (Short range Slayer) (Second Choice: 10.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72j-gtjj9h-j8l4u2-jlk0p1-luj3i4-lf70lo-rh74 (Primary) (Short range Slayer) (Second Choice: 10.)
- 2nd: 72g-gtjj9h-j8l4u3-lllgw5-m2v5z2-m5e38i-rh74 (Impacter) (Second Choices: 6., 7., 12. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72l-gtjj9h-j8l4u3-lllgw5-m2v5z2-m5e37w-rh74 (Impacter) (Second Choices: 6., 7., 12. and 13.)
- 3rd: 72e-gtjjem-j8l4wg-jlk0p1-luj3i6-l81tcy-rh74 (Power Attacker) (Second Choices: 3., 10. and 12.) (Third Choices: 6. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72j-gtjjem-j8l4wg-jlk0p1-luj3i6-l81tcc-rh74 (Power Attacker) (Second Choices: 3., 10. and 12.) (Third Choices: 6. and 13.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72b-gtiw45-j8l4u2-jlk0p1-luj3i4-lf70ma-rh74 (Primary) (Short range Slayer) (Second Choice: 10.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72g-gtiw45-j8l4u2-jlk0p1-luj3i4-lf70lo-rh74 (Primary) (Short range Slayer) (Second Choice: 10.)
- 2nd: 72d-gtiw45-j8l4u3-lllgw5-m2v5z2-m5e38i-rh74 (Impacter) (Second Choices: 6., 7., 12. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72i-gtiw45-j8l4u3-lllgw5-m2v5z2-m5e37w-rh74 (Impacter) (Second Choices: 6., 7., 12. and 13.)
- 3rd: 72b-gtiw9a-j8l4wg-jlk0p1-luj3i6-l81tcy-rh74 (Power Attacker) (Second Choices: 3., 10. and 12.) (Third Choices: 6. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72g-gtiw9a-j8l4wg-jlk0p1-luj3i6-l81tcc-rh74 (Power Attacker) (Second Choices: 3., 10. and 12.) (Third Choices: 6. and 13.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- |E| Samurai Training: While using the Katana, -50% reduced melee fatigue gain rate. With Katana, killing specials only gives 33% melee fatigue reduction. (Ninja)
- Shared Excitement: Survivors nearby gain half (min. 1) of what you gain. <Also works on Over Excitement> (|V| Over Excitement)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Steady Sight: You will no longer suffer from dizzy aim sway while incapacitated. Accuracy penalty from being incapacitated reduced by 50%. (Down but Not Out)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity, status immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Clinic: Allows you to carry an additional Pain Pills/Adrenaline. <Press the ZOOM key with your item held to swap between the two> (Infirmary)
- Searing Flames: Flaming Sword now bypasses fire immunity. <✖ VS> (|E| Flaming Sword)
- Furious Ignition: Increases chance to activate to 3%. <Also works on Enhanced Anger Ignition> (|E| Enhanced Anger Ignition)
- |E| Lock-On Module: Aiming with a laser sight at a Tank or Special will slowly lock onto them. When locked on, firing a rocket seeks out the target. <Press ZOOM to toggle laser, shoving resets lock> (|C| Rocket Launcher)
- |E| Deadshot: After 5 Deadeye shots, you can fire a Deadshot (hold USE and fire) at a Special/Tank, killing the SI or ignoring tank defenses and staggering it. It also blasts inside 300 units for the same damage, igniting them. Infected hit/killed don't trigger Deadeye. (Deadeye)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
- If you prefer to gain some health when killing the infected over reducing melee fatigue, you can swap out the Ninja Buff for the |V| Over Excitement Buff.
- If you prefer to use melee weapons with force over weapons that can ignore defenses/immunities, you can swap out the |E| Deep Cuts Buff for the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff. If you instead prefer to use a powerful pan at close range, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Smasher Pan Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you are using the tenacity buff to survive instead of having incaps but want a way to save yourself when dead, you can swap out the Down but Not Out Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you plan on using the Blunt Force or Smasher Pan melee weapons over melee weapons that ignore melee resistance, you can swap out the |E| Flaming Sword Buff for the |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to fire rockets at the infected rather then blowing their heads off with shotguns, you can swap out the |V| Double Barrel Shotgun Buff for the |C| Rocket Launcher Buff. If you instead want to be able to shoot at the infected with a sniper rifle, you can swap out either buff for the Deadeye Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Auto Pistol Modulator Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your fighting style, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Double Barrel Shotgun, Rocket Launcher or AWP/Scout Sniper Rifles (Occasionally)
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Pistols or Deep Cuts/Flaming Sword Melee Weapons (Frequently)
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- Ninja: On special infected kill, -50% reduced current melee fatigue. On being released from special infected, instantly resets melee fatigue and prevents gaining more for 5 seconds.
- |V| Over Excitement: On killing common infected, 1HP regenerated. On killing special infected, 10HP regenerated (20 HP against Uber Infected). <Buff doesn't work if you are poisoned> <Health can't exceed maximum health> <Incompatible with Excitement> <✖ VS>
- Butcher: On each melee hit, deal +1% of target's current HP as bonus damage. <Only works with targets that take melee damage> <Max bonus: +500 damage> <Bonus not applied to Chainsaw>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |E| Deep Cuts: Allows sharp melee weapons (Axe, Katana, Machete, Knife) to ignore tank melee resistance and never break. Ignoring resistances halves flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected/Tank with Bats/Golf Club/Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. Melee breaking Tanks won't break weapons until a stun/stagger is inflicted. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- |E| Smasher Pan: Transforms the Frying Pan into the Smasher Pan. Swings -40% slower but deals x2.5 base damage and releases an explosive blast dealing 250 damage. Bypasses effects that block or break it and is unaffected by melee fatigue. <Flat bonus damages are halved when bypassing melee resistance> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Down but Not Out: Can use primary or melee weapons while incapacitated and can attack while crawling. +50% reduced incap fire rate and reload penalty. <Press the WALK key while incapacitated to swap weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: If 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to resurrect yourself if your body wasn't destroyed or haven't died for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower. Both decay over 2 minutes. You'll gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- Infirmary: In place for throwables, able to equip 2 health items (First Aid/Defib) at once. <Can't pickup second health item with throwable in hand, swap to other weapon first> <Press the ZOOM key with your health item held to swap between the two> <You will drop your secondary item on death or when the round concludes>
- |E| Flaming Sword: Sets your sword on fire. Melee hits ignite and deal mixture of fire and melee damage to infected hit. <Works only with the Katana, Machete, Golf Club and Combat Knife>
- |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition: Upon being hit by Common Infected, gain a 1% chance to ignite everything around you. Also gain a 1% chance to ignite Specials/Tanks on hit. After either effect activates, the survivor/infected affected emits 3 fireball bursts each second for 200 burn damage. 20 second cooldown. <Incompatible with Anger Ignition> <No effect on Tier 2 or higher Tanks> <✖ VS>
- |V| Double Barrel Shotgun: Converts tier 1 shotguns into Double Barrel Shotguns. They have: - 2 Shell Capacity - x2 Damage and Piercing Bullets bonus - Ignores half of target's defense - Instant fire rate - Reloading fills both shells at once <✖ VS>
- |C| Rocket Launcher: Transforms the Grenade Launcher into a Rocket Launcher. Projectiles launched have no gravity, x2 damage dealt and better damage dropoff from the center of the explosion with -30% reduced reload speed. <Rocket must travel for 0.3 seconds to gain full damage> <Incompatible with any other Grenade Launcher buffs> <✖ VS>
- Deadeye: On killing special infected from at least 50% health or with a headshot using AWP / Scout sniper rifles, gain +1 bullet into current magazine from your reserves. <Ammo save chance with AWP/Scout is halved while equipped> <✖ VS>
- |C| One Man Armory: Allows you to carry both pistols and a melee weapon. Press the ZOOM key with your secondary held to swap between the two. <You will drop your secondary item on death or when the round concludes> <Incompatible with Hidden magnum> <✖ VS>
- Auto Pistol Modulator: Allows you to go full auto with pistols. <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Prescription Medication: Can buy Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% THP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is given as bonus HP.
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- For a harder challenge, don't use any primary weapons with this buff set at all. But only if you have the One Man Armory Buff equipped. You can then try switching between your pistols and melee weapon when attacking a few infected at a time if you want to try and pull off some combos.