Recommended Support Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Support Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.19)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Support Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | SBS1 | SBS2 | SBS3 | SBS4 | SBS5 | SBS6
This buff set is generally situated towards supporting the survivors with ammunition and giving you ammo regeneration/saving properties on your weapons.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue or purple.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Engineer COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) Tactical Reload+ / |E| Bullet Scavenger+*
- (SURV) |C| Battle Cry
- (SURV) Chainsaw Dumbass+ / |E| Repulsion Wall*
- (SURV) M60 Dumbass / Deadeye+*
- (SURV) Dummy Rounds+ / |E| Charger Pet*
- (SURV) |E| Ammo Dispenser
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+
- (SURV) |C| Spin-up M60+ / |E| Cupid's Arrow*
- (SURV) Heavy Gunner / Underbarrel Launcher+* / |Q| Prowess-**
- (SURV) Sideloader+ / |V| Gory Killer+*
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+ / |E| Helping Drone+*
- (SURV) |E| Supporting Role
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 73n-gtonqh-l8nt2y-l7zb1j-ltekcf-lxmymz-n4k8 (Primary) (Gun Replenisher) (Second Choices: 6., 7. and 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73v-gtonqh-l8nt2y-l7zb1j-ltekhw-lxmymz-n4k8 (Primary) (Gun Replenisher) (Second Choices: 6., 7. and 11.)
- 2nd: 73p-gtonqh-jv8tmv-l7xwvz-ltekcf-lgde3f-n4k8 (Melee Recoverer) (Second Choices: 4., 7., 8., 11. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73x-gtonqh-jv8tmv-l7xwvz-ltekhw-lgde3f-n4k8 (Melee Recoverer) (Second Choices: 4., 7., 8., 11. and 13.)
- 3rd: 73q-gtonqh-l8nt2y-iu8vxj-lthzv7-lxmt8j-n4k8 (Ammo Saver) (Second Choices: 6., 12. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73m-gtonqh-l8nt2y-iu8vxj-lthzyc-lxmt8j-n4k8 (Ammo Saver) (Second Choices: 6. and 14.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 73o-gtiw69-l8nt2y-l7zb1j-ltekcf-lxmymz-n4k8 (Primary) (Gun Replenisher) (Second Choices: 6., 7. and 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73w-gtiw69-l8nt2y-l7zb1j-ltekhw-lxmymz-n4k8 (Primary) (Gun Replenisher) (Second Choices: 6., 7. and 11.)
- 2nd: 73q-gtiw69-jv8tmv-l7xwvz-ltekcf-lgde3f-n4k8 (Melee Recoverer) (Second Choices: 4., 7., 8., 11. and 13.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73y-gtiw69-jv8tmv-l7xwvz-ltekhw-lgde3f-n4k8 (Melee Recoverer) (Second Choices: 4., 7., 8., 11. and 13.)
- 3rd: 73r-gtiw69-l8nt2y-iu8vxj-lthzv7-lxmt8j-n4k8 (Ammo Saver) (Second Choices: 6., 12. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73n-gtiw69-l8nt2y-iu8vxj-lthzyc-lxmt8j-n4k8 (Ammo Saver) (Second Choices: 6. and 14.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Lightning Hands: Once every 30 seconds, gain double bonus reload speed. (Tactical Reload)
- Bullet Hunter: Any bullet/melee kills on Special Infected give +1% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|E| Bullet Scavenger)
- |E| Chainsaw Maniac: While using your chainsaw, gain +10% move speed and cannot be slowed by common infected hitting you. (Chainsaw Dumbass)
- |E| Deadshot: After 5 Deadeye shots, you can fire a Deadshot (hold USE and fire) at a Special/Tank, killing the SI or ignoring tank defenses and staggering it. It also blasts inside 300 units for the same damage, igniting them. Infected hit/killed don't trigger Deadeye. (Deadeye)
- Phantom Rounds: When any ammo save chance activates, you have a second chance to gain another bullet. The second chance is equal to half of your total ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to also shoot a Grenade Launcher projectile. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- |E| Steam Burst: Shots fired at max rate generate +0.5% steam. Double tap WALK with at least 10% to release all steam. Deals 5 x steam % damage to infected in 300 units and ignites them at 100% steam. Afterwards, cannot generate steam for 5 seconds. (|C| Spin-up M60)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Frontloader: Kills with your primary weapon now have a chance to load your secondary. <Chance to activate is half of Sideloader base chances> (Sideloader)
- |E| Gory Munitions: Every 45 seconds, your chainsaw instantly kills the next special for more fuel but gives +10% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|V| Gory Killer)
- Scavenger Assassin: Assassin Drone has chance to give one base mag as ammo. Chance is equal to 5% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- Scavenger Drone: Drone has 5% chance to give one base mag as ammo. (|E| Helping Drone)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to have passive ammo regeneration while moving over faster manual reloading with your primary weapon, you can swap out the Tactical Reload Buff for the |E| Bullet Scavenger Buff.
- If you want to be able to hold off the infected while you take them down with your automated machinery and ranged weapons, you can swap out the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff for the |E| Repulsion Wall Buff.
- If you prefer to have AWP/Scout sniper rifles giving you ammo on kill rather than through saving it with the M60 Rifle, you can swap out the M60 Dumbass Buff for the Deadeye Buff.
- If you want to have more support against the infected, rather than benefiting from chances to save ammo, you can swap out the Dummy Rounds Buff for the |E| Charger
- If you prefer to use AWP/Scout sniper rifles over M60 rifles, you can swap out the |C| Spin-Up M60 Buff for the |E| Cupid's Arrow Buff.
- If you are in any map that does not have a mounted minigun or you'd like to have an underbarrel launcher that you can refill charges with, you can swap out the Heavy Gunner Buff for the Underbarrel Launcher Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you want to save primary weapon ammo rather than load your clip size ammo before using your weapons again, you can swap out the Sideloader Buff for the |V| Gory Killer Buff.
- If you prefer to have a faster firing drone that also gives support against CI rather than a more damaging drone that only supports against SI and tanks, you can swap out the |V| Assassin Drone Buff for the |E| Helping Drone Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- M60 Rifle or AWP/Scout Sniper Rifles
Recommended Weapon Config: (M60): -25%/+25% || -25%/+25% (With Spray n' Pray enabled)
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pistols or the Chainsaw melee weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- Tactical Reload: If manually reloading with 1 or more bullets left, +10% increased reload speed. For AWP and Scout snipers, bonus is +15%. <Doesn't affect Shotguns or the Grenade Launcher>
- |E| Bullet Scavenger: +1% missing ammo given to primary weapon per second while running. <Does not work if incapacitated>
- |C| Battle Cry: After shouting an intense battle cry, you and other nearby teammates gain increased fire rate and swing speed equal to the number of nearby teammates for 20 seconds. The cooldown is shared between all survivors. <Cooldown: 3 minutes + 3 seconds for each teammate nearby> <Radius: 275 units> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_battlecry)
- Chainsaw Dumbass: On common infected kill, +4% chainsaw fuel refill. On special infected kill, +10% chainsaw fuel refill.
- |E| Repulsion Wall: While still, press WALK + USE to deploy a Repulsion Wall in front of you. It has 1,000 HP and loses 5/10/30 HP when regular/ unique Commons/Specials are repelled by touching it. The wall passively loses 20 HP per second. Survivors can freely shoot, throw and move through it. <Can't place wall close to another, max 3 walls at once> <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS>
- M60 Dumbass: With the M60 Rifle, killing a Common Infected returns 2 bullets. Killing a Special Infected returns 5 bullets instead. <✖ VS>
- Deadeye: On killing special infected from at least 50% health or with a headshot using AWP / Scout sniper rifles, gain +1 bullet into current magazine from your reserves. <Ammo save chance with AWP/Scout is halved while equipped> <✖ VS>
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- |E| Charger Pet: Allows you to spawn a charger pet that has 1,000HP, deals 250HP damage to enemy infected and only one life. It can be recalled and respawned at will if the charger pet did not die. <Spawnable in the !buy menu> <If the pet is lost within 3 seconds, it can be respawned> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pet)
- |E| Ammo Dispenser: Allows you to buy and place an ammo pile on the floor through the !buy menu in the Miscellaneous section. <Dispenser base cost: 20 bounty> <Maximum 5 ammo piles spawned per round for all survivors> <✖ VS>
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 15 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- |C| Spin-up M60: Your M60 rifles start with -20% fire rate. +2% fire rate increase on each shot, max: +30% additional. Fire rate bonus reduces over time not shooting. Your M60 rifle has a 10% chance not to consume ammo. <✖ VS>
- |E| Cupid's Arrow: Shooting a Special Infected with the AWP / Scout snipers while holding the WALK key makes it fall in love with you, attacking other infected and protect you. - On special infected: lasts 90 seconds, only killable by you. - On tanks: lasts 7 seconds, anyone can damage it. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <A single infected can only be affected by one arrow in its lifetime> <Maximum 2 non-Tank pets alive at once> <✖ VS>
- Heavy Gunner: Miniguns/mounted machine guns in use by you never overheat, deal x2 damage and give +15% defense.
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Sideloader: On kill with secondary weapon, gain a chance to load 8% of primary weapon's magazine from your reserve ammo: - CI: 20% - SI: 100% - Uber SI or Witch: 200% <Doesn't apply for Grenade Launcher> <Killing blow must be damage directly from the weapon>
- |V| Gory Killer: Chainsaws deal +10% (Max: 250HP on tanks) of the target's maximum HP as additional damage. Also enables them to bypass tank resistances, at the cost of halving flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
- |E| Helping Drone: Allows you to summon a helping drone that shoots at nearby infected, deals 80 damage every 0.8 seconds. The drone shoots both common and special infected. It prioritizes special infected that are not pinning you down. <✖ VS> <Incompatible with other drones>
- |E| Supporting Role: Deal (Tier x 10%) less damage to tanks. +25% more to other infected or +50% to any near/pinning an ally. Every 5th Medkit/Defib used on an ally gives 2 charges. With primary held, shove an ally to give +20% ammo costing your own. When an AOE skill activates, all affected allies gain 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <2nd charge only given after normal item use> <20 second wait for giving ammo to same ally> <✖ VS>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- The more support that you have out nearby in terms of friendly infected, ammo piles and turrets the more fire power you'll have against the infected.