Servers will be down while we work on getting the PR/HI mods working.
Recommended Offensive Buff Set 5 (BaBS)
Recommended Offensive Buff Set 5 (BaBS V2.14.9)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Offensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | OBS1 | OBS2 | OBS3 | OBS4 | OBS5 | OBS6 | OBS7
This Buff Set is situated towards melee damage against tanks, either with using the chainsaw/smasher pan.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Melee Wrecker COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Butcher / |V| Gory Killer+*
- (SURV) |E| Smasher Pan+ / Chainsaw Dumbass+*
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) Hyperactive+ / |E| Duelist*
- (SURV) Avenger+
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle / |E| Radiant Blast*
- (SURV) |C| Battle Cry+ / Unstoppable+* / |E| Slaying Automata+**
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact+
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) Prescription Medication+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+ / |E| Charger Pet*
No codes atm.
Buff Enhancements Used: 18
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Gory Munitions: Every 45 seconds, your chainsaw instantly kills the next special for more fuel but gives +10% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|V| Gory Killer)
- |E| Smasher Flurry: Upon hitting something, Smasher Pan has a 15% chance for no delay on swinging again. <15 second cooldown> (|E| Smasher Pan)
- |E| Chainsaw Maniac: While using your chainsaw, you gain +10% move speed and cannot be slowed by common infected hitting you. (Chainsaw Dumbass)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Battle Roar: Battle Cry now also increases attack/defense/magazine size/max HP/resilience/move speed/reload speed/deploy speed/recovery speed and ammo save chance by 1% per ally nearby. Max: 10%. (|C| Battle Cry)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds.
<Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to also shoot a Grenade Launcher projectile. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, it has -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb detonation no longer affects survivors but radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has a chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws over the smasher pan, you can swap out the Butcher Buff for the |V| Gory Killer Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws over the smasher pan, you can swap out the |E| Smasher Pan Buff for the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to be incapacitated and/or find that having full first aid kit heals helps you better in your survivability, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws over the smasher pan, you can swap out the Hyperactive Buff for the |E| Duelist Buff.
- If you find that you cannot use the |V| Bird Whistle Buff at all indoors and/or want a different way to be able to deal true damage to tanks, you can swap it out for the |E| Radiant Blast Buff.
- Since you cannot boost the attack speed using chainsaws, if you do wish to use them however, you can swap out the |C| Battle Cry Buff for the Unstoppable Buff. If you instead want to be able to deal some form of true damage to the infected, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Slaying Automata Buff.
- If you find that you do need to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out the Prescription Medication Buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you want to spawn out a pet charger to help you take care of the infected or want to have an additional pet that gives you the additional fire power, you can swap out the |V| Assassin Drone Buff for the |E| Charger Pet Buff.
Weapons used for this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon (Random Weapon Config is recommended)
- Either the Smasher Pan or Chainsaw.
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. It also includes the "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects/won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. Each activation lowers time by 0.5s, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- Butcher: On each melee hit, deal 1% of target's current HP as bonus damage. <Only works with targets that take melee damage> <Max bonus: +500 damage> <Bonus not applied to Chainsaw>
- |V| Gory Killer: Chainsaws deal +10% (Max: 250HP on tanks) of the target's maximum HP as additional damage. Also enables them to bypass tank resistances, at the cost of halving flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Smasher Pan: Transforms the Frying Pan into the Smasher Pan. It swings -40% slower but deals x2.5 base damage and releases an explosive blast dealing 250 damage. It also bypasses effects that block or break it and is unaffected by melee fatigue. <Flat bonus damages are halved when bypassing melee resistance> <✖ VS>
- Chainsaw Dumbass: Chainsaw kills on Common infected refill +4% chainsaw fuel while Special infected killed refill +10% chainsaw fuel.
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max +5,000, but you die when your HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but also can heal for 66% and 100% max HP if missing HP % is greater than the heal. 100% heal usable once per round. 66% heal has 7 minute cooldown. <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by the infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, gain +10% increased swing and move speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- |E| Duelist: While facing special infected with any melee weapon in hand, they cannot trap you and you gain 25% knockback resistance VS tanks you're facing. <Must be in 750 range against Smokers> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |E| Radiant Blast: When activated, you cannot move for 10 seconds, but you emit blasts that deals 1000/s (500/s to tanks) true damage to infected around. It slows and makes them deal -15% less damage for 15 seconds. Afterwards you become unconscious for 10 seconds and greatly slow any near non-Tank infected. <Block stagger/pin/most lethal damage when active> <✖ VS, Once per round, 1 minute global cooldown> (Command: sm_radblast)
- |C| Battle Cry: After shouting an intense battle cry, all alive allies gain increased fire rate and swing speed equal to the number of allies nearby + Battle Cry allies for 20 seconds. The cooldown is shared between all survivors. <Cooldown: 3 minutes + 3 seconds for each % gain> <Radius: 275 units> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_battlecry)
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. The chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 15 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune with tanks below 50% HP regaining 0.1% max HP/s. All infected cannot move, act or attack and specials release their victims. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a 100K+ HP tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds, damaging all infected in 350 units for up to 10K true damage. Survivors near take up to 15% max HP damage and be stunned for up to 5 seconds, with the stun being avoidable by crouching. Only 1 bomb attachable at once. <Max 5 uses on same target> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Prescription Medication: Allows buying Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% of temporary HP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is now given as bonus HP.
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Summons an assassin drone that fires at SI and Tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900 HP). Upon reaching max damage, damage resets to 300 HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
- |E| Charger Pet: Allows you to spawn a Charger Pet from the !buy menu that attacks and kills SI. It has 1,000HP, deals 250 HP claw damage with a chance to stun but only has 1 life. If not dead, it can be recalled and respawned at will. While recalled it heals 2 HP/s until it reaches 75% max HP. <If the pet is lost within 3 seconds, it can be respawned> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pet)
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- For the Smasher Pan, its better used for when you have hordes of infected to fight and/or need some burst damage VS tanks.
- For the Chainsaw, its better used for when you need to deal with a lot of SI in particular areas of the map and/or need some quick damage VS tanks.