Recommended Debuffer Class Buff Set (BaBS)
Recommended Debuffer Class Buff Set (BaBS V2.12.9)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Debuffer Class Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | Technician | Support | Controller | Agile | Debuffer | Hunter
This Buff Set is situated towards players using the Debuffer Class at all class levels.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Infected Weakener COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / Hyperactive+*
- (SURV) Deadeye+ / Underbarrel Launcher+*
- (SURV) |V| Corrosive Vomit Jar
- (SURV) |E| Blunt Force Trauma / Tactical Reload+*
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle / |C| One Man Armory*
- (SURV) Frag Grenade / Seeking Grenade+*
- (SURV) Freezing Grenade / |V| Electric Frag Grenade*
- (SURV) Freezing Grenade Launcher / Field Medic*
- (SURV) |C| Discharger+
- (SURV) Survival Payment+ / Prescription Medication+* / |Q| Prowess-**
- (SURV) Peanut Blessing / Grenade Trap+*
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- |E| Deadshot: After 5 Deadeye shots, you can fire a Deadshot (hold USE and fire) at a Special/Tank, killing the SI or ignoring tank defenses and staggering it. It also blasts inside 300 units for the same damage, igniting them. Infected hit/killed don't trigger Deadeye. (Deadeye)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Lightning Hands: Once every 30 seconds, gain double bonus reload speed. (Tactical Reload)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- Short Fuse: Lowers fuse time down to 6 seconds. (Seeking Grenade)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- Accelerated Payment: Survival Payment is now given every 90 seconds. (Survival Payment)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- Reusable Traps: 3 seconds after placing, you can shove a placed trap to pick it back up. (Grenade Trap)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use melee weapons instead of pistols when debilitating the infected, you can swap out the |E| Zapping Gun Buff for the Hyperactive Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to freeze the infected using any weapon that benefits with the Underbarrel Launcher Buff over using an AWP or a Scout to try cripping the tank for a moment, you can swap out the Deadeye Buff for it.
- If you prefer to use pistols instead of melee weapons when debilitating the infected, you can swap out the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff for the Tactical Reload Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to use both your pistol and melee weapon when deciding on which infected to debilitate over using |V| Bird Whistle as a means to earn bounty, you can swap it out for the |C| One Man Armory Buff.
- If you prefer to have grenades that take a longer time to explode but can seek in on infected over grenades that can instantly explode when hitting surfaces, you can swap out the Frag Grenade Buff for the Seeking Grenade Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to stun infected rather than freeze them, or want to be able to electrocute your infected targets within water, you can swap out the Freezing Grenade Buff for the |V| Electric Frag Grenade Buff.
- If you want to be able to use your pain pills/adrenaline shot more for debilitating infected rather than your grenade launcher for freezing the infected, you can swap out the Freezing Grenade Launcher Buff for the Field Medic Buff.
- If you want to be able to get either a pain pills or an adrenaline shot for free rather than earning bounty overtime while you're alive, you can swap out the Survival Payment Buff for the Prescription Medication Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you want to be able to lay down traps for Special Infected rather than earning more bounty for a moment after healing, you can swap out the Peanut Blessing Buff for the Grenade Trap Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- AWP/Scout Sniper Rifles
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Deadeye: On killing special infected from at least 50% health or with a headshot using AWP / Scout sniper rifles, gain +1 bullet into current magazine from your reserves. <Ammo save chance with AWP/Scout is halved while equipped> <✖ VS>
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- |V| Corrosive Vomit Jar: Throwing a vomit jar on infected will disable defenses for the duration of the vomit. Lasts 5 seconds on tanks. +50% increased Acid Jar skill damage. <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected with Bats, the Golf Club or the Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- Tactical Reload: If manually reloading with 1 or more bullets left, +10% increased reload speed. For AWP and Scout snipers, bonus is +15%. <Doesn't affect Shotguns or the Grenade Launcher>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Deadly Shove: Each round, Shoves instantly kill the first 3 special infected. This recharges every 3 minutes in COOP. Additionally, enables shoving charges and disables shoving penalty.
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |C| One Man Armory: Allows you to carry both pistols and a melee weapon. Press the ZOOM key with your secondary held to swap between the two. <You will drop your secondary item on death> <Incompatible with Hidden Magnum> <✖ VS>
- Frag Grenade: our pipe bomb will instantly detonate on collision. <Incompatible with Seeking Grenade buff>
- Seeking Grenade: Allows pipe bombs to seek for nearby special infected/tanks. Takes 10 seconds to detonate, but deals +400 flat damage. <Incompatible with Frag Grenade buff>
- Freezing Grenade: Exchanges pipe bombs for freezing bombs. Infected caught in the explosion suffer movement speed loss or become frozen depending on distance. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Freeze duration: 10 seconds (2 for tanks)> <You can't freeze ice tanks>
- |V| Electric Frag Grenade: Turns pipe bombs into electric frag bombs. Infected in the explosion become ignited and stunned for 4 seconds (1 second on tanks). If the infected was in water, they will be electrocuted for 25 seconds. <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Same target can't be electrocuted again for 30 seconds> <✖ VS>
- Freezing Grenade Launcher: Grenade Launcher Projectiles will freeze infected for 4 seconds (2 for tanks) on hit. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Hold USE before explosion to activate> <Cooldown: 60 seconds if at least one target is frozen> <✖ VS>
- Field Medic: Each 50 seconds, randomly generate 1 adrenaline shot / pain pills. Can only be passed to other survivors. Cannot be consumed. Picking up adrenaline / pain pills will not drop generated item and will delete it instead. You cannot manually drop adrenaline or pain pills. <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.8 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Survival Payment: After the round begins, +1 bounty earned every 2 minutes. <Bounty not awarded if inside saferoom>
- Prescription Medication: Can buy Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% THP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is given as bonus HP.
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Peanut Blessing: While under Moustachio Bless, +1 stack of Peanut Blessing gained for each bounty earning action. Additional bounty gained is equal to the number of stacks, up to a max of 3 stacks, which resets after reaching it.
- Grenade Trap: Allows you to setup throwable traps on the floor. It will detonate if any enemy infected gets close and creates a projectile based on the trap type. Traps cannot trigger in 3 seconds of being placed, and will detonate after 2 minutes. <Shove floor with throwable in hand to place> <Pipe bomb traps deal double damage and have no dropoff> <Max 3 active traps. In VS max 3 of each type per round>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- With the Over Exposure Ability, you can either stun/freeze a tank with one of your buffs, then freeze/stun the tank while it is on stun/freeze cooldown, bypassing it but halving the bad status duration. You can use any buffs that can inflict stun/freeze to get the job done on any 1 tank you want to target for debilitation.
- If you want to give the survivors some time to prepare for non-fury tank abilities, such as an ability with a long cool down, you can throw a vomit jar on the tank to weaken it considerably with the |V| Corrosive Vomit Jar Buff, Gastric Vomit and Inhibiting Vomit abilities. Then you can shove the tank using a pipe bomb to activate the Berserk Gene ability, preventing the tank from using their abilities, which can help the survivors know when and how to prepare for a certain incoming tank ability.
- While you're activating your Outbreak ability on the tank, you can continue to debilitate the tank with stun/freeze buffs or other debuffer abilities that can inflict debuffs to further increase your scourge %. This can help keep the Outbreak ability continuing onward until you get the chance to use it again.