Recommended Controller Class Buff Set (BaBS)
Recommended Controller Class Buff Set (BaBS V2.12.6)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Controller Class Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Class | Technician | Support | Controller | Agile | Debuffer | Hunter
This Buff Set is situated towards players using the Controller Class at all class levels.
" Indicates that the Buff should only be equipped if you already have max stacks with it when using the buff in a previous buff set, which will be marked in green.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Aggrevating Tank COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition+ / |E| Berserk+* / Pain Stimulant+**
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) |E| Super Moustachio Bless+ / |E| Non-Aggression Pact+*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) Unstoppable+
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) |E| Promise+ / |E| Sacrifice*
- (SURV) |E| Free Spirit+ / |E| Duelist*
- (SURV) |E| Pain Moderation+ / |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+* / Excitement+**
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds" / Avenger+* / |Q| Prowess-**
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that deals 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, missed knives reclaimable or return after 20s, used knives reclaimable from dead body> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- Furious Ignition: Increases chance to activate to 3%. <Also works on Enhanced Anger Ignition> (|E| Enhanced Anger Ignition)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Sleeping Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal for 2.5% (10% in VS) max HP per second. (|V| Protective Bag)
- Pledge: You will heal 25HP every time you revive or free a non-bot survivor. <No effect from hanging revives> (|E| Promise)
- |E| Wild Spirit: After being pinned for 5 seconds, deal 1% + 0.5% Max HP per second damage to pinner, Max: 7.5% or 200 damage. Damage/Damage Cap increased by 30% with melee weapon. (|E| Free Spirit)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds.
<Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (Morphine Injector) (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity, status immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from current revenge targets by number of kills they've made times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 8 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to be able to aggro the infected easier over having a chance to ignite all infected around you, you can swap out the |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition Buff for the |E| Berserk Buff. If you instead prefer to gain some defense while having temporary health with a buff enhancement, you can swap out either buff for the Pain Stimulant Buff.
- If you prefer to have more defense against some infected sources at the cost of reduced maximum HP, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you want a way to be able to save everyone from a game over over having crowd control protection against any sources that can inflict knockback, you can swap out the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff for the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff.
- If you want a way to be able to save everyone from a game over over having more maximum HP and some more ways to heal with the buff enhancement, you can swap out the |E| Promise Buff for the |E| Sacrifice Buff.
- If you want to be able to prevent SI pins in front of you with melee weapons over having a chance to free yourself after being pinned, you can swap out the |E| Free Spirit Buff for the |E| Duelist Buff.
- If you prefer to have health regeneration over having temporary health as a means of survivability, you can swap out the |E| Pain Moderation Buff for the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff. If you instead want to have another way to gain more temporary health more easily, you can swap out either buff for the Excitement Buff.
- If you want to resurrect yourself with massive damage resistance for a moment of time with the buff enhancement over being able to shove the infected without penalty, you can swap out the Deadly Shove Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you don't plan on using |V| War Wounds Buff with stacks of the buff from previous use an earlier buff set if using the Tenacity Buff, you can swap it out for the Avenger Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || +20%/-20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || +20%/-20%
- Any Melee Weapon
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- |E| Enhanced Anger Ignition: Upon being hit by Common Infected, gain a 1% chance to ignite everything around you. Also gain a 1% chance to ignite Specials/Tanks on hit. After either effect activates, the survivor/infected affected emits 3 fireball bursts each second for 200 burn damage. 20 second cooldown. <Incompatible with Anger Ignition> <No effect on Tier 2 or higher Tanks> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds. Gain +25% increased HP received on revive.
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune with tanks below 50% HP regaining 0.1% max HP/s. All infected cannot move, act or attack. Specials will release their victims. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- |V| Protective Bag: Activates a protective bag to surround you putting you on stasis for 15s (3s on VS), where you can't attack or receive any damage. You can leave the bag early. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivors dying to infected, take (400 - their level) as damage. Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. +100 HP regained for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you. <Bots or survivors falling behind dying won't hurt you> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |E| Free Spirit: After being trapped by special infected for 10 seconds, you'llattempt to break free every 3 seconds with a 50% chance, decaying by 20% with every failed attempt. When freed from pins, you ignore statuses and the chance resets. <✖ VS>
- |E| Duelist: While facing special infected with any melee weapon in hand, they cannot trap you. <Must be in 750 range against Smokers> <✖ VS>
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activate with lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- Excitement: On killing common infected, +1THP. On killing special infected, +10THP (Uber Infected give +20THP). <Buff doesn't work if you are poisoned>
- Deadly Shove: Each round, Shoves instantly kill the first 3 special infected. This recharges every 3 minutes in COOP. Additionally, enables shoving charges and disables shoving penalty.
- |E| Hidden Strength: If 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to resurrect yourself if your body wasn't destroyed or haven't died for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower. Both decay over 2 minutes. You'll gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 8 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Be sure to get the Special Infected to target you instead of the other survivors. That way, you can use the Unstoppable and |E| Duelist Buffs to their full effectiveness, letting you help the other survivors avoid most infected damage from pins. You can also make this easier to do using the Torment ability whenever you need any CI/SI aggros yourself.
- If you are low on magazine size and are anticipating an incoming tank attack in the next few moments, be sure to reload your weapon while you're continuing to aggro the tank. This can be effectively used with the Reload Priority ability after you have healed in case you know that you're still getting aggro'd at the current time.
- You can use the Defiance ability after having activated |E| Non-Aggression Pact to stop anymore nearby survivors from being pinned down by SI and give them tank knockback resistance with the Global Defiance ability. This can be very helpful for getting the survivors quickly back into the fight or letting them retreat more safely.