Recommended Tier 2 Tank Buff Set 3 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 2 Tank Buff Set 3 (BaBS V2.10.14)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 2 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4 | TBS5
This Buff Set is situated for when going up against the Hunter Tank. His traps are known to be deadly to the survivors and can be quite debilitating, inflicting bad statuses as well. Make sure to help those that are caught by bear traps.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Hunter Stopper COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) |E| Slow Resistance+ / Prescription Medication+*
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |E| Ground Absorbent
- (SURV) Avenger+
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) Health Dispenser+
- (SURV) |E| Auto-Medical+ / Hunting Reward+*
- (SURV) Special First Aid+
- (SURV) |E| Cleansing Pills+
- (SURV) |E| Reactive Inoculation+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that kills Special Infected. Won't consume normal knifes. Max count = Knife max + 1. <✖ VS, 500 damage + 5s bleed to Tanks, missed knives can be reclaimed or return after 30s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Slow Repellent: Once a stun/freeze/paralyze effect ends, become immune to slow effects for 10 seconds (5 seconds for tanks). (|E| Slow Resistance)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from current revenge targets by number of kills they've made times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Multi Dispenser: 3 seconds reduced duration but gives 3 (2 in VS) Health Dispenser uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 10 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- Special Defibrillator: Defibrillators also activate Special First Aid. (Special First Aid)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to buy pills more often and don't mind being slowed down by the acid from the tank, you can swap out the |E| Slow Resistance Buff for the Prescription Medication Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you want to gain more bounty to be able to afford more health items over saving yourself should the Hunter Tank strike you down, you can swap out the |E| Auto-Medical Buff for the Hunting Reward Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |P| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- |E| Slow Resistance: -25% reduced maximum slow from Spitters, -33% decreased time before slows decay, -50% faster slow decay time.
- Prescription Medication: Can buy pills/adrenaline shot for free once per round in the !buy menu.
- Group Morale: +1% defense gained for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |E| Ground Absorbent: -35% reduced acid/fire damage taken. Taking any acid/fire damage for 3 seconds will absorb it, remove it and gives 20 seconds damage immunity to that type. Standing in fire/acid while immune gives THP equal to 50% damage (Max. 10/tick) and standing in it for 3 seconds absorbs it, giving HP equal to 250% damage (Max. 100). <60 second cooldown for immunity> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline also activate if they can prevent incapacitation. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
- Special First Aid: On first aid kit use, cures most bad status effects off you and any nearby survivors. You also become immune to the next inflicted bad status effect.
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you see any visible traps other than bear traps currently out, try to trigger them before anyone else does. Some of your buffs such as Special First Aid / Reactive Inoculation or even Mutation Shield can save you from harmful bad status effects and prevent any other survivors from suffering them.