Recommended Tier 2 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 2 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.10.13)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 2 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4 | TBS5
This Buff Set is situated for when you go up against the Butcher Tank. Being able to fight against it with minimum maximum HP, and having some mobility to use for avoiding getting attacked too much. At the same time, giving you ways to help a survivor before they permanently die.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Butcher Evader COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) |E| Blunt Force Trauma / Health Dispenser+* / Avenger+**
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) |E| Fentanyl Injector / Hyperactive+* / Pain Stimulant+**
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) |E| Super Moustachio Bless+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+ / |C| One Man Armory*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+ / |E| Courage+*
- (SURV) |V| Crush resistance / Mobility Master+* / |E| Displacement**
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) |E| Pain Moderation+
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that kills Special Infected. Won't consume normal knifes. Max count = Knife max + 1. <✖ VS, 500 damage + 5s bleed to Tanks, missed knives can be reclaimed or return after 30s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Multi Dispenser: 3 seconds reduced duration but gives 3 (2 in VS) Health Dispenser uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from current revenge targets by number of kills they've made times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds. <Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Inner Courage: If you are revived (excluding hanging revives) you gain Courage effects for 15 seconds. <Effects start partially decayed> (|E| Courage)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Sleeping Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal for 2.5% (10% in VS) max HP per second. (|V| Protective Bag)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 8 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to give surrounding survivors help with avoiding the tank's attacks over having some crowd control on the tank with stuns/staggers, you can swap out the Blunt Force Trauma Buff for the Health Dispenser Buff. if you instead prefer to be able to stop yourself from dying should the tank permanently kill a survivor anyway, you can swap out either buff for the Avenger Buff.
- If you prefer being able to melee the Butcher Tank faster to get rid of it's melee shield over having health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Fentanyl Injector Buff for the Hyperactive Buff. if you instead want more defense while still having temporary health with a buff enhancement, you can swap out either buff for the Pain Stimulant Buff.
- If you want to gain some damage resistance when you resurrect yourself with a buff enhancement over having crowd control immunity with moustachio bless active, you can swap out the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you want to be able to use both pistols and melee weapons to be able to crowd control the tank over having higher health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff for the |C| One Man Armory Buff.
- If you want to help other survivors up from incapacitation, giving them benefits over having a way to save yourself from death after taking lethal damage, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |E| Courage Buff.
- If you want some movement abilities to avoid some of the tank's attacks over having high defense while incapacitated, you can swap out the Crush resistance Buff for the Mobility Master Buff, If you instead want to help out a survivor being aggroed by the tank, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Displacement Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pistols/BFT Melee Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected with Bats, the Golf Club or the Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- Group Morale: +1% defense gained for every other survivor alive.
- |E| Fentanyl Injector: Heals 3HP/s after receiving damage from tanks if not poisoned/incapacitated until you reach full health.
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps if 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to become resurrected. You cannot resurrect if your body is destroyed or if you died over 3 minutes ago. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower, which both decay over 2 minutes. Gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- |C| One Man Armory: Allows you to carry both pistols and a melee weapon. Press the ZOOM key with your secondary held to swap between the two. <You will drop your secondary item on death> <Incompatible with Hidden Magnum> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- |V| Crush resistance: -1 to 50% less damage taken from tanks while incapacitated depending on current HP. Higher current incap HP equals less damage taken.
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- |E| Displacement: On use, target anyone in 1250 units and hold USE to swap places. Surv. swap needs <50% HP, down or pinned. Swap takes 2.5s and gives both 5s M. Bless. Tank swap deals 100*(tier+1) non-lethal damage to you, force stuns it for 1.5s. <No Swap Surv./Tank if dying or after another swap for 1/2 min> <When choosing target, hold ATTACK/SHOVE for only allies/Tanks> <✖ VS, 3 min cooldown, you+target must be grounded> (Command: sm_displace)
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. Become immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activate with lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 8 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Do your best to aggro the tank away from survivors that are low on health, or if you can tank the tank's damage. You don't want to have a single survivor permanently dying to the tank's punches.
- If the tank puts up it's Butcher Shield from incapacitating/killing a survivor or attacking them enough, be sure to get rid of it quickly. The tank gains greatly increased movement speed and attack speed while the shield is active.