Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 4 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 4 (BaBS V2.12.10)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 2 + 3 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4
This buff set is suited for when going up against a Glutton Tank or a Supreme Glutton Tank. You'll want to make sure that the tank doesn't process any survivors inside its belly by quickly shoving them out.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Hunger Buster COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Super Moustachio Bless+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+ / |E| Reactive Inoculation+*
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard+
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+
- (SURV) Strength Burst+ / |E| Cupid's Arrow*
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+ / |E| Cleansing Pills+*
- (SURV) |E| Hidden Strength+
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- |E| Witch Guard: Witches will no longer ignore incapacitation in Expert difficulty. (|E| Fatal Guard)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- Hyper Burst: While Strength Burst is active, +5% increased move speed and fire rate, +10% increased reload and deploy speed. Ignore all slow effects for the duration. (Strength Burst)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 8 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity, status immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your Glutton/Supreme Glutton Tank fights, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you prefer to block the Gastric Juice bad status effect and reduce its duration over having more tank aggro and defense/damage resistance, you can swap out the |E| Tank Duelist Buff for the |E| Reactive Inoculation Buff.
- If you want to stop the tank from eating you rather than being able to shove the tank with force, you can swap out the Strength Burst Buff for the |E| Cupid's Arrow Buff.
- If you want to heal off the Gastric Juice bad status effect rather than aggro the tank over to you, you can swap out the |V| Enraging Waves Buff for the |E| Cleansing Pills Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
- |E| Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. Take -50% less damage from Assassin class tanks and won't ignore incapacitation. Gain a 20% chance to not decay while inside a Tank Belly. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <✖ VS>
- Deadly Shove: Each round, Shoves instantly kill the first 3 special infected. This recharges every 3 minutes in COOP. Additionally, enables shoving charges and disables shoving penalty.
- Strength Burst: When used, all infected (not Witches) can be shoved away and you cannot be incapacitated for 12 seconds. The effect gives -20% less max HP for 60 seconds, afterwards you then regain +1% max HP back every 30 seconds. <Activate in the !buy menu once per round> <Tanks only shoved for 4 seconds, and can't be shoved again for 30 seconds> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_strburst)
- |E| Cupid's Arrow: Shooting a Special Infected with the AWP / Scout snipers while holding the WALK key makes it fall in love with you, attacking other infected and protect you. - On special infected: lasts 90 seconds, only killable by you. - On tanks: lasts 7 seconds, anyone can damage it. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <A single infected can only be affected by one arrow in its lifetime> <Maximum 2 non-Tank pets alive at once> <✖ VS>
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 8 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: If 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to resurrect yourself if your body wasn't destroyed or haven't died for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower. Both decay over 2 minutes. You'll gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- To be effective at shoving the tank, aggro it into a nearby corner or where there are a lot of survivors so everyone can focus their efforts. If you need to, use your buff effects that let you stagger or stun the tank so you can keep it in place.