Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.12.10)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 2 + 3 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TSB4
This buff set is situated for when going up against a Shaman Tank or a Supreme Shaman Tank. These tanks can be dangerous with their abilities and you'll need to know how to best avoid being near the tanks at all times.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Shaman Handler COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) |Q| Poison Shield (Expires)^ / |E| Reactive Inoculation+*
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+ / |C| Discharger+*
- (SURV) |V| Acid neutralizer / |E| Cleansing Pills+* / |E| Bodyguard+**
- (SURV) Mobility Master+
- (SURV) |E| Courage+ / |E| Ground Absorbent*
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact+
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) Health Dispenser+
- (SURV) |E| Auto-Medical+ / Special First Aid+* / |Q| Prowess-**
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- |E| Safekeeper: If bodyguard target is affected with a status effect longer than 1 second, shoving them transfers the status to you, giving 1 bounty (2 for mutation) each time. <30 second cooldown, some statuses cannot be transferred, transferred statuses cannot be blocked> (|E| Bodyguard)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Inner Courage: If you are revived (excluding hanging revives) you gain Courage effects for 15 seconds. <Effects start partially decayed> (|E| Courage)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- Multi Dispenser: 3 seconds reduced duration but gives 3 (2 in VS) Health Dispenser uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 7.5 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- Special Defibrillator: Defibrillators also activate Special First Aid. (Special First Aid)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want some protection and reduction against most bad status effects instead of complete protection to the poison bad status effect, you can swap out the |Q| Poison Shield (Expires) Buff for the |E| Reactive Inoculation Buff.
- If you want to have a chance to save yourself when you are dead over having another way to prevent lethal damage before activating a buff to help save you, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |C| Discharger Buff.
- If you don't mind being affected by the acid and want another way to clear bad status effects from you and other survivors, you can swap out the |V| Acid neutralizer Buff for the |E| Cleansing Pills Buff. if you instead want to help your bodyguarded survivor out with surviving against the tank's attacks, and transferring bad statuses with a buff enhancement, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Bodyguard Buff.
- If you want to take less acid/fire damage from the tank over helping other survivors take reduced damage/true damage, you can swap out the |E| Courage Buff for the |E| Ground Absorbent Buff.
- If you don't want to be automatically healed before you die and want a way to clear bad status effects using a first aid kit, you can swap out the |E| Auto-Medical Buff for the Special First Aid Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- |Q| Poison Shield (Expires): Protection against Poison Bad Status Effect.
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.8 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |V| Acid neutralizer: After not taking acid damage for 8 (6 in VS) seconds. recover 50% (15% in VS) acid damage taken as HP back at a rate of 15% remaining recover HP every 0.5 seconds. Taking acid damage delays the healing. <Cannot regain health while incapacitated>
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- |E| Bodyguard: You can choose a survivor to protect. If they die within 500 units, you die instead. The chosen survivor heals equal to your current HP, loses tank aggro and clears all bad statuses. While dead, you gain +1 bounty every time they earn bounty. A survivor can only have 1 bodyguard but bodyguards can't have one. <Target can't be changed until they are not valid> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bodyguard)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- |E| Ground Absorbent: Gives -35% reduced acid/fire damage taken. Taking any acid/fire damage for 3 seconds will absorb it, remove it and gives 20 seconds damage immunity to that type. Standing in fire/acid while immune gives THP equal to 50% damage (Max. 10/tick) and standing in it for 3 seconds absorbs it, giving HP equal to 250% damage (Max. 100). <75 second cooldown for immunity> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune with tanks below 50% HP regaining 0.1% max HP/s. All infected cannot move, act or attack. Specials will release their victims. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline will be used if they prevent incapacitation. Double tapping USE with Pills/Adrenaline and looking up can toggle auto-use. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Special First Aid: On first aid kit use, cures most bad status effects off you and any nearby survivors. You also become immune to the next inflicted bad status effect.
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If the tank hasn't used his mutate survivors or inferno abilities yet, be sure to stay away from the tank until it uses them. That way, you won't be caught taking fire damage while mutated.
- When the Supreme Shaman calls out for meteors to rain down on the survivors, just locate where they're falling from and get to 1 side of the area where they aren't gonna fall. You'll be able to avoid all the explosion and acid damage this way.
- Be sure not to let the Supreme Shaman Tank get many kills while he is still alive! The more kills he gets, the harder it becomes for the survivors to kill him due to his abilities getting lower cool downs as a result.