Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.
Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 2 + 3 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.10)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 2 + 3 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4
This Buff Set is situated for when going up against a Bloody or a Supreme Bloody Tank. Having ways to damage the tank at a fast rate, while avoiding some of the tank's abilities.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Bloody Handler COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+ / |E| Cleansing Pills+*
- (SURV) |E| Bodyguard+ / |E| Pain Moderation+*
- (SURV) Avenger+
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+ / |E| Supporting Role*
- (SURV) Mobility Master+ / Health Dispenser+*
- (SURV) |E| Courage+ / |E| Reactive Inoculation+* / Pain Stimulant+**
- (SURV) |E| Displacement / Special First Aid+*
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- |E| Safekeeper: If bodyguard target is affected with a status effect over 1 second, shoving them transfers the status to you, giving 1 bounty (2 for mutation) each time. <30 second cooldown, some statuses cannot be transferred, transferred statuses cannot be blocked> (|E| Bodyguard)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Multi Dispenser: Gives 11 seconds duration, for 3 (2 in VS) uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Inner Courage: If you are revived (excluding hanging revives) you gain Courage effects for 15 seconds. <Effects start partially decayed> (|E| Courage)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- Special Defibrillator: Defibrillators also activate Special First Aid. (Special First Aid)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has a chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the |E| Zapping Gun Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your Bloody/Supreme Bloody Tank fights, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to get rid of curse quickly from you and other nearby survivors who have it over healing it off after taking lethal; damage, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |E| Cleansing Pills Buff.
- If you want to be able to gain temporary health after taking damage over transferring curse from your bodyguarded survivor to yourself with a buff enhancement, you can swap out the |E| Bodyguard Buff for the |E| Pain Moderation Buff.
- If you want to give all survivors affected by your AOE skills moustachio bless rather than being able to deal huge damage overtime to the tanks, you can swap out the |E| Berserk Buff for the |E| Supporting Role Buff.
- If you want to be able to heal curse off of you and other nearby survivors rather than trying to avoid any damage from the tank, you can swap out the Mobility Master Buff for the Health Dispenser Buff.
- If you want to try avoiding becoming immune to curse/reducing it's duration over reviving other incapacitated survivors, trying to save them from any tank damage, you can swap out the |E| Courage Buff for the |E| Reactive Inoculation Buff. If you instead prefer to gain defense while having temporary health, you can swap out either buff for the Pain Stimulant Buff.
- If you want to try healing curse off of affected survivors using a first aid kit/defibrillator with a buff enhancement over displacing the aggro target of the tank, you can swap out the |E| Displacement Buff for the Special First Aid Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- |E| Bodyguard: You can choose a survivor to protect. If they die within 500 units, you die instead. The chosen survivor heals equal to your current HP, loses tank aggro and clears all bad statuses. While dead, you gain +1 bounty every time they earn bounty. A survivor can only have 1 bodyguard but bodyguards can't have one. <Target can't be changed until they are not valid> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bodyguard)
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activate with lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |E| Supporting Role: Deal (Tier x 10%) less damage to tanks. +25% more to other infected or +50% to any near/pinning an ally. Every 5th Medkit/Defib used on an ally gives 2 charges. With primary held, shove an ally to give +20% ammo costing your own. When an AOE skill activates, all affected allies gain 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <2nd charge only given after normal item use> <20 second wait for giving ammo to same ally> <✖ VS>
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds. Gain +25% increased HP received on revive.
- |E| Displacement: On use, target anyone in 1250 units and hold USE to swap places. Surv. swap needs <50% HP, down or pinned. Swap takes 2.5s and gives both 5s M. Bless. Tank swap deals 100*(tier+1) non-lethal damage to you, force stuns it for 1.5s. <No Swap Surv./Tank if dying or after another swap for 1/2 min> <When choosing target, hold ATTACK/SHOVE for only allies/Tanks> <✖ VS, 3 min cooldown, you+target must be grounded> (Command: sm_displace)
- Special First Aid: On first aid kit use, cures most bad status effects off you and any nearby survivors. You also become immune to the next inflicted bad status effect.
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you see any survivor get cursed, do your best to save them in whatever way possible. Be it curing their curse, aggroing the tank over to you or being their bodyguard and sacrificing yourself for them. Whatever you decide to do, make it count.
- The Supreme Bloody Tank can be damaged more if you use |E| Berserk Buff while the tank has killed someone, and take on it's aggro. You can also allow the other survivors to not go near the tank as a result of said aggro, however it may get you killed.
XenCarta PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN.COM