Recommended Equipment Buff Set 5 (BaBS)
Recommended Equipment Buff Set 5 (BaBS V2.12.18)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Equipment Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | EBS1 | EBS2 | EBS3 | EBS4 | EBS5
This Buff Set is situated more towards using vomit jar's against infected as their own medicine.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Infected Controller COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |V| Corrosive Vomit Jar
- (SURV) |E| Deep Cuts / |E| Blunt Force Trauma* / |V| Gory Killer+**
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+
- (SURV) |E| Zombie Eradicator+ / |E| Shrapnel Shot+*
- (SURV) Double Projectile
- (SURV) Grenade Trap+
- (SURV) Underbarrel Launcher+
- (SURV) Chainsaw Dumbass+ / M60 Dumbass* / |V| Double Barrel Shotgun**
- (SURV) Death Bait+
- (SURV) Survival Payment+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Peanut Blessing
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 735-gtontg-lqfjoe-jdsbt8-jrnbjb-hso8kq-n4k8 (Primary) (Short Range Controller) (Third Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 733-gtontg-lqfjoe-jdsbt8-jrnbjb-lmssx6-n4k8 (Primary) (Short Range Controller) (Third Choice: 11.)
- 2nd: 738-gtontg-lgdrra-jdsbt8-jrj17r-hso8kq-n4k8 (Chainsaw Based Set) (Second Choice: 5.) (Third Choice: 4.)
- |Q| Prowess: 736-gtontg-lgdrra-jdsbt8-jrj17r-lmssx6-n4k8 (Chainsaw Based Set) (Second Choice: 5.) (Third Choice: 4.)
- 3rd: 736-gtontg-lr0za6-m9dr2k-jrjz5z-hso8kq-n4k8 (Long Range Controller) (Second Choices: 4., 7. and 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 734-gtontg-lr0za6-m9dr2k-jrjz5z-lmssx6-n4k8 (Long Range Controller) (Second Choices: 4., 7. and 11.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 736-gtiw98-lqfjoe-jdsbt8-jrnbjb-hso8kq-n4k8 (Primary) (Short Range Controller) (Third Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 734-gtiw98-lqfjoe-jdsbt8-jrnbjb-lmssx6-n4k8 (Primary) (Short Range Controller) (Third Choice: 11.)
- 2nd: 739-gtiw98-lgdrra-jdsbt8-jrj17r-hso8kq-n4k8 (Chainsaw Based Set) (Second Choice: 5.) (Third Choice: 4.)
- |Q| Prowess: 737-gtiw98-lgdrra-jdsbt8-jrj17r-lmssx6-n4k8 (Chainsaw Based Set) (Second Choice: 5.) (Third Choice: 4.)
- 3rd: 737-gtiw98-lr0za6-m9dr2k-jrjz5z-hso8kq-n4k8 (Long Range Controller) (Second Choices: 4., 7. and 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 735-gtiw98-lr0za6-m9dr2k-jrjz5z-lmssx6-n4k8 (Long Range Controller) (Second Choices: 4., 7. and 11.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Gory Munitions: Every 45 seconds, your chainsaw instantly kills the next special for more fuel but gives +10% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|V| Gory Killer)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- Zombie Shredder: Deal 50% bonus damage to Common Infected. (|E| Zombie Eradicator)
- Incendiary Shrapnel: Shrapnel damage will also burn infected. Won't burn infected that are immune to or benefit from fire. (|E| Shrapnel Shot)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Reusable Traps: 3 seconds after placing, you can shove a placed trap to pick it back up. (Grenade Trap)
- |E| Chainsaw Maniac: While using your chainsaw, gain +10% move speed and cannot be slowed by common infected hitting you. (Chainsaw Dumbass)
- Special Bait: Special Infected in 300 units will be attracted to your body causing them to be passive for 5 seconds. <✖ VS> (Death Bait)
- Accelerated Payment: Survival Payment is now given every 90 seconds. (Survival Payment)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use melee weapons that are better at crowd controlling than others, you can swap out the |E| Deep Cuts Buff for the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff. If you do prefer the chainsaw for quickly killing the CI and SI quickly, you can swap out either buff for the |V| Gory Killer Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to gain full heals from a first aid kit rather than reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to blast other infected around the infected shot rather than aiming to kill the CI quickly, you can swap out the |E| Zombie Eradicator Buff for the |E| Shrapnel Shot Buff.
- If you prefer not to use the chainsaw melee weapons and want to gain some ammo back on infected kills, you can swap out the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff for the M60 Dumbass Buff. If you want a better crowd control primary weapon though, you can swap out either buff for the |V| Double Barrel Shotgun Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Survival Payment Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your bounty earning, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Deep Cuts / Blunt Force Trauma Melee Weapons or Chainsaw
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |V| Corrosive Vomit Jar: Throwing a vomit jar on infected will disable defenses for the duration of the vomit. Lasts 5 seconds on tanks. +50% increased Acid Jar skill damage. <✖ VS>
- |E| Deep Cuts: Allows sharp melee weapons (Axe, Katana, Machete, Knife) to ignore tank melee resistance and never break. Ignoring resistances halves flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected/Tank with Bats/Golf Club/Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. Melee breaking Tanks won't break weapons until a stun/stagger is inflicted. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- |V| Gory Killer: Chainsaws deal +10% (Max: 250HP on tanks) of the target's maximum HP as additional damage. Also enables them to bypass tank resistances, at the cost of halving flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Shrapnel Shot: Your shots against infected have a 10% chance to hit up to 10 infected near the target for 50% damage dealt. The shrapnel damage ignores all attack and defense modifiers. The chance is halved on headshots. 2% chance against Common Infected, if using the M60 rifle or Zombie Eradicator Buff. If incapacitated, the chance is doubled. <Radius: 200 units> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Deadly Shove: Shoves instantly kill special infected. Works 3 times after the round starts. It recharges once every 3 minutes in COOP only.
- |E| Zombie Eradicator: Shots against regular common infected (those not affected by certain buffs/Tank abilities) will deal minimum 100 damage with any weapon.
- Double Projectile: Allows you to throw 2 pipe bomb and vomit jar projectiles.
- Grenade Trap: Allows you to setup throwable traps on the floor. It will detonate if any enemy infected gets close and creates a projectile based on the trap type. Traps cannot trigger in 3 seconds of being placed, and will detonate after 2 minutes. <Shove floor with throwable in hand to place> <Pipe bomb traps deal double damage and have no dropoff> <Max 3 active traps. In VS max 3 of each type per round>
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- Chainsaw Dumbass: On common infected kill, +4% chainsaw fuel refill. On special infected kill, +10% chainsaw fuel refill.
- M60 Dumbass: With the M60 Rifle, killing a Common Infected returns 2 bullets. Killing a Special Infected returns 5 bullets instead. <✖ VS>
- |V| Double Barrel Shotgun: Converts tier 1 shotguns into Double Barrel Shotguns. They have: 2 Shell Capacity, x2 damage and Piercing Bullets bonus, ignore half of target's defense, instant fire rate, reloads both shells at once. Double tap USE while looking up to alternate between single shell and double shell fire mode. <✖ VS>
- Death Bait: On death, force all nearby common infected to stay eating your body. <Body is not consumed>
- Survival Payment: After the round begins, +1 bounty earned every 2 minutes. <Bounty not awarded if inside saferoom>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Peanut Blessing: While under Moustachio Bless, +1 stack of Peanut Blessing gained for each bounty earning action. Additional bounty gained is equal to the number of stacks, up to a max of 3 stacks, which resets after reaching it.
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you want to be effective with the vomit jar in terms of the buffs that use the vomit jar, make sure that you are accurate when throwing vomit jars towards your target at close range.
- Uses of vomit jar aren't the only options for being able to crowd control the infected. Be sure to make use of the other buffs that allow you to easily kill and or crowd control infected too.