Recommended Equipment Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Equipment Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.17)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Equipment Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | EBS1 | EBS2 | EBS3 | EBS4 | EBS5
This Buff Set is situated more towards using a different variety of weapons to take down the infected.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Weapon Master COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Ranged Expert+
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+
- (SURV) |E| Deep Cuts
- (SURV) |E| Blunt Force Trauma
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Flaming Sword+
- (SURV) |V| Flamethrower / |C| Spin-up M60+*
- (SURV) |V| Double Barrel Shotgun / |E| Cupid's Arrow*
- (SURV) |C| One Man Armory
- (SURV) |C| Rocket Launcher+ / Underbarrel Launcher+*
- (SURV) Survival Payment+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Peanut Blessing
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 73d-gtont2-l69kuj-jlmiyq-lf70mj-hso8kq-n4k8 (Primary)
- |Q| Prowess: 73b-gtont2-l69kuj-jlmiyq-lf70mj-lmssx6-n4k8 (Primary)
- 2nd: 73b-gtont2-l69kuj-llnz76-jhjaqj-hso8kq-n4k8 (All Second Choices)
- |Q| Prowess: 739-gtont2-l69kuj-llnz76-jhjaqj-lmssx6-n4k8 (All Second Choices)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 73e-gtiw8u-l69kuj-jlmiyq-lf70mj-hso8kq-n4k8 (Primary)
- |Q| Prowess: 73c-gtiw8u-l69kuj-jlmiyq-lf70mj-lmssx6-n4k8 (Primary)
- 2nd: 73c-gtiw8u-l69kuj-llnz76-jhjaqj-hso8kq-n4k8 (All Second Choices)
- |Q| Prowess: 73a-gtiw8u-l69kuj-llnz76-jhjaqj-lmssx6-n4k8 (All Second Choices)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGS no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Searing Flames: Flaming Sword now bypasses fire immunity. <✖ VS> (|E| Flaming Sword)
- |E| Steam Burst: Shots fired at max rate generate +0.5% steam. Double tap WALK with at least 10% to release all steam. Deals 5 x steam % damage to infected in 300 units and ignites them at 100% steam. Afterwards, cannot generate steam for 5 seconds. (|C| Spin-up M60)
- |E| Lock-On Module: Aiming with a laser sight at a Tank or Special will slowly lock onto them. When locked on, firing a rocket seeks out the target. <Press ZOOM to toggle laser, shoving resets lock> (|C| Rocket Launcher)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Accelerated Payment: Survival Payment is now given every 90 seconds. (Survival Payment)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to gain full heals from a first aid kit rather than reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to have a faster firing M60 over a flamethrower M60, you can swap out the |V| Flamethrower Buff for the |C| Spin-up M60 Buff.
- If you prefer to use a sniper that can make infected fall in love with you rather than a custom shotgun to blast your enemies with, you can swap out the |V| Double Barrel Shotgun Buff for the |E| Cupid's Arrow Buff.
- If you can't afford a Grenade Launcher with your bounty earned on the map or want to use a less powerful version of it against the infected, you can swap out the |V| Rocket Launcher Buff for the Underbarrel Launcher Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Survival Payment Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your bounty earning, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set:
- Rifles/SMGs (Underbarrel Launcher), Flamethrower (M60 Rifle), DBS (Tier 1 Shotguns), Rocket Launcher (Grenade Launcher), AWP/Scout Sniper Rifles (Cupid's Arrow)
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (M60 Rifle): -25%/+25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pistols or Any Deep Cuts/Flaming Sword/Blunt Force Trauma Melee Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target but aren't affected by attack bonuses from buffs. They shoot and reload -25% slower. <Ammo save chance halved for Rifles/SMGs> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |E| Deep Cuts: Allows sharp melee weapons (Axe, Katana, Machete, Knife) to ignore tank melee resistance and never break. Ignoring resistances halves flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected/Tank with Bats/Golf Club/Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. Melee breaking Tanks won't break weapons until a stun/stagger is inflicted. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Flaming Sword: Sets your sword on fire. Melee hits ignite and deal mixture of fire and melee damage to infected hit. <Works only with the Katana, Machete, Golf Club and Combat Knife>
- |V| Flamethrower: Replaces your M60 weapon with a powerful flamethrower that can affect fire-immune tanks. While held, no move speed bonuses. It deals 80 true damage/0.1 seconds. <Move speed penalty does not apply in Scenario> <Flamethrower cannot benefit from damage, fire rate or ammo save modifiers> <Cannot buy or use special ammo (can still buy ammo packs)> <✖ VS>
- |C| Spin-up M60: Your M60 rifles start with -20% fire rate. +2% fire rate increase on each shot, max: +30% additional. Fire rate bonus reduces over time not shooting. Your M60 rifle has a 10% chance not to consume ammo. <✖ VS>
- |V| Double Barrel Shotgun: Converts tier 1 shotguns into Double Barrel Shotguns. They have: 2 Shell Capacity, x2 damage and Piercing Bullets bonus, ignore half of target's defense, instant fire rate, reloads both shells at once. Double tap USE while looking up to alternate between single shell and double shell fire mode. <✖ VS>
- |E| Cupid's Arrow: Shooting a Special Infected with the AWP / Scout snipers while holding the WALK key makes it fall in love with you, attacking other infected and protect you. - On special infected: lasts 90 seconds, only killable by you. - On tanks: lasts 7 seconds, anyone can damage it. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <A single infected can only be affected by one arrow in its lifetime> <Maximum 2 non-Tank pets alive at once> <✖ VS>
- |C| One Man Armory: Allows you to carry both pistols and a melee weapon. Press the ZOOM key with your secondary held to swap between the two. <You will drop your secondary item on death> <Incompatible with Hidden Magnum> <✖ VS>
- |C| Rocket Launcher: Transforms the Grenade Launcher into a Rocket Launcher. Projectiles launched have no gravity, x2 damage dealt and better damage dropoff from the center of the explosion with -30% reduced reload speed. <Rocket must travel for 0.3 seconds to gain full damage> <Incompatible with any other Grenade Launcher buffs> <✖ VS>
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- Survival Payment: After the round begins, +1 bounty earned every 2 minutes. <Bounty not awarded if inside saferoom>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Peanut Blessing: While under Moustachio Bless, +1 stack of Peanut Blessing gained for each bounty earning action. Additional bounty gained is equal to the number of stacks, up to a max of 3 stacks, which resets after reaching it.
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Some weapons will be more effective than others at getting the job done on whatever infected you need to kill. Experiment with different primary and melee weapon combinations to see what works the best for you overall.