Recommended Controller Class Buff Set (UQC) (BaBS)
Recommended Controller Class Buff Set (Unique/Quest/Craftable) (BaBS V2.12.9)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Controller Class Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | Technician | Support | Controller | Agile | Debuffer | Hunter (UQC)
This Buff Set is situated towards players using the Controller Class at all class levels.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Aggrevating Tank COOP (UQC) <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / Finale Dominator+*
- (SURV) Excitement+
- (SURV) Deflection Suit+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Anger Ignition+ / Avenger+*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) |Q| Poison Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Blast Padding
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / Mindset Change+*
- (SURV) Unstoppable+
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+
- (SURV) Witch Hunter
- (SURV) Steadfast Aim+
- (SURV) Pain Stimulant+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Shared Excitement: Survivors nearby gain half (min. 1) of what you gain. <Also works on Over Excitement> (Excitement)
- Barbed Wire: You passively deal 25 damage per second to all infected inside 75 units. (Deflection Suit)
- Furious Ignition: Increases chance to activate to 3%. <Also works on Enhanced Anger Ignition> (Anger Ignition)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Blood Transfusion: While incapacitated, increased bleed out gain is equal to (standing allies count) %, but killing Commons/Specials/Ubers heal 10/100/200 HP and delays bleedout damage by 1/3/5 seconds. Reaching full health from a Special/Uber kill will revive you. (Mindset Change)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- |E| Steadfast Sprint: Common Infected attacking you no longer cripple your move speed or ability to jump. (Steadfast Aim)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Deflection Suit Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your Controller Class abilities, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- if you prefer to be able to stop special infected pins from current revenge targets with a buff enhancement rather than have a chance to ignite infected around you or set them on fire, you can swap out the Anger Ignition Buff for the Avenger Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to tank the infected while you're incapacitated and have ways to regain health with a buff enhancement over having increased maximum HP for more tankiness, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the Mindset Change Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || +20%/-20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || +20%/-20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || +20%/-20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- Excitement: On killing common infected, +1THP. On killing special infected, +10THP (Uber Infected give +20THP). <Buff doesn't work if you are poisoned>
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage taken against infected. Against Witches and Tanks, reflect 25% of melee damage taken. <Damage returned won't generate Tank aggro> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Anger Ignition: On Common Infected hitting you, gain 1% chance to ignite everything around you. Also gain 1% chance to ignite Specials/Tanks on hit. <Incompatible with Enhanced Anger Ignition> <No effect on Tier 2 or higher Tanks>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- |Q| Poison Shield (Expires): Protection against Poison Bad Status Effect.
- Blast Padding: Prevents instant death from Bomb Tank/desperate Tank explosions, instead stunning you for 13 seconds and halving current health. Gives -30% reduced car explosion damage/knockback and defense from blast damage, including true damage equal to 10% of your current level (Max: 20%).
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- Mindset Change: Allows you to be incapacitated an unlimited number of times. On each incap, max incap HP becomes 90% of the previous value. Using a first aid kit resets it to full. <Incap max health won't go lower than 300> <✖ VS>
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- Deadly Shove: Each round, Shoves instantly kill the first 3 special infected. This recharges every 3 minutes in COOP. Additionally, enables shoving charges and disables shoving penalty.
- Witch Hunter: Gives +20% more damage dealt, -25% less damage taken and -30% lowered status effect duration against witches.
- Steadfast Aim: On CI attacking you, they no longer jostle your aim and gain +10% defense against them. <✖ VS>
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds. Gain +25% increased HP received on revive.
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- Be sure to get the Special Infected to target you instead of the other survivors. That way, you can use the Unstoppable Buff to it's full effectiveness, letting you help the other survivors avoid most infected damage from pins. You can also make this easier to do using the Torment ability whenever you need any CI/SI aggros yourself.
- If you are low on magazine size and are anticipating an incoming tank attack in the next few moments, be sure to reload your weapon while you're continuing to aggro the tank. This can be effectively used with the Reload Priority ability after you have healed in case you know that you're still getting aggro'd at the current time.
- You can use the Defiance ability after the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff is activated by another survivor to stop anymore nearby survivors from being pinned down by SI and give them tank knockback resistance with the Global Defiance ability. This can be very helpful for getting the survivors quickly back into the fight or letting them retreat more safely.