Recommended Balanced Buff Set 4 (BaBS)
Recommended Balanced Buff Set 4 (BaBS V2.12.16)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Balanced Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | BBS1 | BBS2 | BBS3 | BBS4
This Buff Set is situated for survivors who need a balanced approach towards being able to kill witches by themselves while suffering minimal damage and status effects at the same time.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Witch Caretaker COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+ / Butcher*
- (SURV) |Q| Poison Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) |E| Slow Resistance+ / |E| Blunt Force Trauma*
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+ / |V| Bird Whistle*
- (SURV) |E| Pain Moderation+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Hyperactive+ / Tactical Reload+* / Compressed Shell+**
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |E| Auto-Medical+
- (SURV) Witch Hunter
- (SURV) Prescription Medication+ / |E| Cleansing Pills+*
- (SURV) |E| Reactive Inoculation+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72m-gtonos-h7tpb6-jlmye7-m75t4b-mam7kq-stt4 (Primary) (Second Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72o-gtonos-h7tpb6-jlmye7-lmx2jv-mam7kq-stt4 (Primary) (Second Choice: 11.)
- 2nd: 72p-gtonpv-h7tpgb-jlmye7-m712lf-mam7kq-stt4 (Melee Based Set) (Second Choices: 3. and 6.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72r-gtonpv-h7tpgb-jlmye7-lmsc0z-mam7kq-stt4 (Melee Based Set) (Second Choices: 3. and 6.)
- 3rd: 71x-gtonos-h7tpb6-jlmyek-m72q0b-mam7lo-stt4 (Witch Killer Set) (Second Choices: 9. and 15.) (Third Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 71z-gtonos-h7tpb6-jlmyek-lmtzfv-mam7lo-stt4 (Witch Killer Set) (Second Choices: 9. and 15.) (Third Choice: 11.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72n-gtiw4k-h7tpb6-jlmye7-m75t4b-mam7kq-stt4 (Primary) (Second Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72p-gtiw4k-h7tpb6-jlmye7-lmx2jv-mam7kq-stt4 (Primary) (Second Choice: 11.)
- 2nd: 72q-gtiw5n-h7tpgb-jlmye7-m712lf-mam7kq-stt4 (Melee Based Set) (Second Choices: 3. and 6.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72s-gtiw5n-h7tpgb-jlmye7-lmsc0z-mam7kq-stt4 (Melee Based Set) (Second Choices: 3. and 6.)
- 3rd: 71y-gtiw4k-h7tpb6-jlmyek-m72q0b-mam7lo-stt4 (Witch Killer Set) (Second Choices: 9. and 15.) (Third Choice: 11.)
- |Q| Prowess: 720-gtiw4k-h7tpb6-jlmyek-lmtzfv-mam7lo-stt4 (Witch Killer Set) (Second Choices: 9. and 15.) (Third Choice: 11.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Goggles: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- |E| Slow Repellent: Once a stun/freeze/paralyze effect ends, become immune to slow effects for 10 seconds (5 seconds for tanks). (|E| Slow Resistance)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- |E| Witch Guard: Witches will no longer ignore incapacitation in Expert difficulty. (|E| Fatal Guard)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- Lightning Hands: Once every 30 seconds, gain double bonus reload speed. (Tactical Reload)
- Adaptive Shell: Reloading early will grant +1.5% reload speed per shell currently loaded. (Compressed Shell)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 7.5 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use melee weapons instead of primary weapons to take care of witches, you can swap out the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff for the Butcher Buff.
- If you want to be able to debilitate witches with melee strikes over having resistance to slows from some witches, you can swap out the |E| Slow Resistance Buff for the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff.
- If you prefer to kill witches more quickly with a powerful AOE true damage attack over resisting death should you take lethal damage with other benefits, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |V| Bird Whistle Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the |E| Pain Moderation Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on killing witches, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you prefer to kill witches with primary weapons over melee weapons, you can swap out the Hyperactive Buff for the Tactical Reload Buff. If you instead prefer to want to kill witches faster using shotguns, you can swap out either buff for the Compressed Shell Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to clear nasty bad status effects that some types of witches can inflict, over being able to get pain pills/adrenaline for free, you can swap out the Prescription Medication Buff for the |E| Cleansing Pills Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Melee Weapon
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- |Q| Poison Shield (Expires): Protection against Poison Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- |E| Slow Resistance: -25% reduced maximum slow from Spitters, -33% decreased time before slows decay, -50% faster slow decay time.
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected/Tank with Bats/Golf Club/Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. Melee breaking Tanks won't break weapons until a stun/stagger is inflicted. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |E| Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. Take -50% less damage from Assassin class tanks and won't ignore incapacitation. Gain a 20% chance to not decay while inside a Tank Belly. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activate with lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Tactical Reload: If manually reloading with 1 or more bullets left, +10% increased reload speed. For AWP and Scout snipers, bonus is +15%. <Doesn't affect Shotguns or the Grenade Launcher>
- Compressed Shell: Can fully reload shotguns with just 1 shell. Disables reload speed upgrade and doubles reload time.
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline will be used if they prevent incapacitation. Double tapping USE with Pills/Adrenaline and looking up can toggle auto-use. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Witch Hunter: Gives +20% more damage dealt, -25% less damage taken and -30% lowered status effect duration against witches.
- Prescription Medication: Can buy Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% THP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is given as bonus HP.
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- It's up to you to decide how you'll approach the witch. Whether that be going in guns blazing at her or healing, using pain pills/adrenaline shot for the buff effects of hyperactive and whacking at her. Just be sure to have a plan for approaching her on your own.
- If you need help with the witch but don't want the other players to take your witch kill, delegate a few other players to keep an eye out for any infected that aggro to you. That way you'll have an easier time dealing with the witch with less problems.