Recommended Balanced Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Balanced Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.7.14)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Balanced Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | BBS1 | BBS2
This Buff Set is situated towards using both offensive and defensive buffs against the infected. You can try to deal a ton of damage to them, and then defend against their attacks in response.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Balanced COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+ / Compressed Shell+*
- (SURV) Tank Slayer / Hope On Sight+*
- (SURV) |E| Weak Point Spotter+ / |V| Protective Bag+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / |E| Flaming Sword+*
- (SURV) Group Morale / |E| Halloween Spirit^*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) |V| Crush resistance / |V| Bird Whistle*
- (SURV) Avenger+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) Dummy Rounds+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+ / |E| Non-Aggression Pact+*
- (SURV) |C| Discharger+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that kills Special Infected. Won't consume normal knifes. Max count = Knife max + 1. <✖ VS, 500 damage + 5s bleed to Tanks, missed knives can be reclaimed or return after 30s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision if Gas Mask is above 50% durability. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shot chance to reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health is equal to 1/3 (except AWP/Scout). Bonus reduction is equal to the weapon's bonus damage per shot. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- Adaptive Shell: Reloading early will grant +1.5% reload speed per shell currently loaded. (Compressed Shell)
- Wish on Sight: No bleedout if a visible standing teammate is within 300 units and you aren't crawling. <✖ VS> (Hope on Sight)
- Responsive Spotter: Every shot that doesn't activate Weak Point Spotter increases the chance by 0.05%. The chance resets once it does. (|E| Weak Point Spotter)
- Sleeping Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal for 1.25% (5% in VS) max HP per second. (|V| Protective Bag)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Searing Flames: Flaming Sword now bypasses fire immunity. <✖ VS> (|E| Flaming Sword)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage taken from current revenge targets by number of kills they've made times 5. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 10 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- Phantom Rounds: When any ammo save chance activates, you have a second chance to gain another bullet. The second chance is equal to half of your total ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb detonation no longer affects survivors but radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use shotguns for tank aggro rather than other weapons for tank damage, you can swap out the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff for the Compressed Shell Buff.
- If you prefer to be incapacitated with no bleed out, and aggroing the tanks over dealing additional damage to tanks, you can swap out the Tank Slayer Buff for the Hope on Sight Buff.
- If you want to have a buff that can give you damage immunity for a short time rather than dealing critical hits on tanks with a chance, you can swap out the |E| Weak Point Spotter Buff for the |V| Protective Bag Buff.
- If you prefer to use melee weapons over pistols, you can swap out the |E| Zapping Gun Buff for the |E| Flaming Sword Buff.
- If the |E| Halloween Spirit Buff has not yet expired, you can swap it in for the Group Morale Buff.
- If you prefer to be a tanky survivor that can still be incapacitated over a tanky survivor with more maximum health for survival, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you want to be able to aggro tanks or deal some good overall damage to tanks rather than defending against them while incapacitated, you can swap out the |V| Crush resistance Buff for the |V| Bird Whistle Buff.
- If you want to have a second chance to defend against tank damage after dying or dealing more damage to the tanks over having increased damage/not being able to be killed against the killer, you can swap out the Avenger Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you prefer to have increased maximum health for survival over chances to save ammo for more damage dealing, you can swap out the Dummy Rounds Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to save all remaining survivors alive from a game over over dealing a huge amount of overall damage to 1 tank, you can swap out the |E| Sticky Bomb Buff for the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff.
Weapons used for this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +20%/-20% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (Desert Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Snipers): +20%/-20% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pistols / Flaming Sword Melee Weapons
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set: <top>
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank gives +1% increased damage/bullet (+2% with Hunting Rifle/Single Pistol and +3% with Magnum pistol/AWP or Scout Sniper rifles). Effect resets when changing target, changing weapon, or reloading. With shotguns, chance to gain 1% per pellet, chance = 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). <Max bonus: +150%>
- Compressed Shell: Can fully reload shotguns with just 1 shell. Disables reload speed upgrade and doubles reload time.
- Tank Slayer: You deal +300HP bonus damage to tanks every 4 seconds with ranged weapons. <✖ VS>
- Hope on Sight: While incapacitated, if there is a visible standing survivor, -50% decreased bleed out rate and gain +5% defense. Gain +2% additional defense for each additional visible standing survivor. <Buff only active while incapacitated>
- |E| Weak Point Spotter: Allows you to randomly ignore defenses and immunities on infected. <Chance: 3%> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. Become immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- |E| Flaming Sword: Sets your sword on fire. Melee hits ignite and deal mixture of fire and melee damage to infected hit. <Works only with the Katana, Machete, Golf Club and Combat Knife>
- Group Morale: +1% defense gained for every other survivor alive.
- |E| Halloween Spirit: +20% Increased damage dealt and -20% reduced damage taken against tanks. <Works until November 21st> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- |V| Crush resistance: -1 to 50% less damage taken from tanks while incapacitated depending on current HP. Higher current incap HP equals less damage taken.
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,500) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the assassin and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the assassin kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps if 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to become resurrected. You cannot resurrect if your body is destroyed or if you died over 3 minutes ago. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower, which both decay over 2 minutes. Gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- |V| War Wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a 100K+ HP tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds, damaging all infected in 350 units for 10K true damage. Survivors near take up to 15% max HP damage and be stunned for up to 5 seconds, with the stun being avoidable by crouching and looking down and away from the blast. Only 1 bomb attachable at once. <Max 5 uses on same target> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you want to rack up burst damage on the tanks, use weapons that deal a higher amount of base damage, such as the AWP or Scout Sniper Rifles.
- You can be an effective defensive survivor for the team by taking on the tanks and having them attack you instead of the other survivors so you take the reduced damage.