Recommended Balanced Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Balanced Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.10.7)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Balanced Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | BBS1 | BBS2 | BBS3
This Buff Set is situated towards using both offensive and defensive buffs against the infected with melee weapons. You can try to deal a ton of damage to them, and then defend against their attacks in response.
" Indicates that the Buff should only be equipped if you already have max stacks with it when using the buff in a previous buff set, which will be marked in green.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue, purple or yellow.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Melee Fighter COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Butcher / |V| Gory Killer+*
- (SURV) |E| Deep Cuts / Unstoppable+*
- (SURV) Group Morale / Down but Not Out+*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) Hyperactive+
- (SURV) Avenger+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) Chainsaw Dumbass / |E| Tank Duelist+*
- (SURV) |E| Flaming Sword+ / |E| Blunt Force Trauma* / |E| Smasher Pan**
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+ / |E| Super Moustachio Bless+*
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds" / Survival Payment+*
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+ / |E| Non-Aggression Pact+*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that kills Special Infected. Won't consume normal knifes. Max count = Knife max + 1. <✖ VS, 500 damage + 5s bleed to Tanks, missed knives can be reclaimed or return after 30s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Gory Munitions: Every 45 seconds, your chainsaw instantly kills the next special for more fuel but gives +10% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|V| Gory Killer)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Steady Sight: You will no longer suffer from dizzy aim sway while incapacitated. Accuracy penalty from being incapacitated reduced by 50%. (Down but Not Out)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Sleeping Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal for 2.5% (10% in VS) max HP per second. (|V| Protective Bag)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from current revenge targets by number of kills they've made times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Searing Flames: Flaming Sword now bypasses fire immunity. <✖ VS> (|E| Flaming Sword)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Accelerated Payment: Survival Payment is now given every 90 seconds. (Survival Payment)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws that can deal more damage and ignore tank resistances rather than other melee weapon that can deal much more damage, you can swap out the Butcher Buff for the |V| Gory Killer Buff.
- If you're using the |E| Smasher Pan or the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buffs, you can swap out the |E| Deep Cuts Buff for the Unstoppable Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to use melee weapons while incapacitated, you can swap out the Group Morale Buff for the Down but Not Out Buff.
- If you prefer to be a tanky survivor that can still be incapacitated over a tanky survivor with more maximum health for survival, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you want to have a second chance to defend against tank damage after dying or dealing more damage to the tanks over having increased damage/not being able to be killed against the killer, you can swap out the Avenger Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you prefer not to use chainsaws and want some damage resistance and increased tank aggro with your melee weapons, you can swap out the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff for the |E| Tank Duelist Buff.
- If you prefer to use bats, the golf club or the tonfa over flaming melee weapons, you can swap out the |E| Flaming Sword Buff for the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff. If you want to instead use a powerful melee weapon over both types of melee weapons, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Smasher Pan Buff.
- If you want to sacrifice chances to earn extra bounty in exchange for not being able to be knocked around while trying to melee the infected, you can swap out the Hunting Reward Buff for the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff.
- If you don't plan on using |V| War Wounds Buff with stacks of the buff from previous use an earlier buff set or want to be able to maintain hyperactive buff with having enough bounty, you can swap it out for the Survival Payment Buff.
- If you don't want extra survivability but want something that can potentially help save all survivors from a game over, you can swap out the Finale Dominator Buff for the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon (Random Weapon Config is recommended)
- Any Deep Cuts/Smasher Pan/Flaming Sword/Blunt Force Trauma Melee Weapons or the Chainsaw
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- Butcher: On each melee hit, deal +1% of target's current HP as bonus damage. <Only works with targets that take melee damage> <Max bonus: +500 damage> <Bonus not applied to Chainsaw>
- |V| Gory Killer: Chainsaws deal +10% (Max: 250HP on tanks) of the target's maximum HP as additional damage. Also enables them to bypass tank resistances, at the cost of halving flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Deep Cuts: Allows sharp melee weapons (Axe, Katana, Machete, Knife) to ignore tank melee resistance and never break. Ignoring resistances halves flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- Group Morale: +1% defense gained for every other survivor alive.
- Down but Not Out: Can use primary or melee weapons while incapacitated and can attack while crawling. +50% reduced incap fire rate and reload penalty. <Press the WALK key while incapacitated to swap weapons> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. Become immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps if 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to become resurrected. You cannot resurrect if your body is destroyed or if you died over 3 minutes ago. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower, which both decay over 2 minutes. Gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- Chainsaw Dumbass: On common infected kill, +4% chainsaw fuel refill. On special infected kill, +10% chainsaw fuel refill.
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |E| Flaming Sword: Sets your sword on fire. Melee hits ignite and deal mixture of fire and melee damage to infected hit. <Works only with the Katana, Machete, Golf Club and Combat Knife>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected with Bats, the Golf Club or the Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- |E| Smasher Pan: Transforms the Frying Pan into the Smasher Pan. Swings -40% slower but deals x2.5 base damage and releases an explosive blast dealing 250 damage. Bypasses effects that block or break it and is unaffected by melee fatigue. <Flat bonus damages are halved when bypassing melee resistance> <✖ VS>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- Survival Payment: After the round begins, +1 bounty earned every 2 minutes. <Bounty not awarded if inside saferoom>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune and Special Infected can't pin and will release their victims. All infected will not move, act or attack while active. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you want to get a high amount of overall damage on 1 tank using melee weapons, be sure to take pain pills or an adrenaline shot to activate the Hyperactive Buff. Then activate your Berserk Buff and be sure to remain as close to the tank as possible so you can effectively deal damage at close range.
- You can be an effective defensive survivor for the team by taking on the tanks and having them attack you instead of the other survivors so you take the reduced damage.