Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.
Recommended Balanced Buff Set 3 (BaBS)
Recommended Balanced Buff Set 3 (BaBS V2.12.16)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Balanced Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | BBS1 | BBS2 | BBS3 | BBS4
This Buff Set is situated towards using a variety of buffs in order to be able a well balanced survivor, versed in battling the infected and supporting the survivors.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Balanced Survivor COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Ground Absorbent
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) Adrenaline Area Booster+
- (SURV) |E| Displacement / Mobility Master+* / |Q| Prowess-**
- (SURV) Infirmary+
- (SURV) Health Dispenser+ / |C| Discharger+*
- (SURV) |E| Ammo Dispenser / |E| Sacrifice*
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+ / |E| Repulsion Wall*
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) Healing Shocks+
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+ / |E| Non-Aggression Pact+*
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72l-gtonos-jf2v95-jwfmrn-hoij1z-lthnl0-n4k8 (Primary)
- |Q| Prowess: 72p-gtonos-jf2v95-jwfmp0-hoij1z-lthnl0-n4k8 (Primary)
- 2nd: 729-gtonos-jf2v95-jwfmot-honl7c-n6wmsk-ss9k (All Second Choices)
- |Q| Prowess: 72g-gtonos-jf2v95-jwfmp0-honl7c-n6wmsk-ss9k (All Second Choices)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72m-gtiw4k-jf2v95-jwfmrn-hoij1z-lthnl0-n4k8 (Primary)
- |Q| Prowess: 72q-gtiw4k-jf2v95-jwfmp0-hoij1z-lthnl0-n4k8 (Primary)
- 2nd: 72a-gtiw4k-jf2v95-jwfmot-honl7c-n6wmsk-ss9k (All Second Choices)
- |Q| Prowess: 72h-gtiw4k-jf2v95-jwfmp0-honl7c-n6wmsk-ss9k (All Second Choices)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Adrenaline Accelerator: -25% reduced slow effects of affected survivors and causes slow effects to instantly start decaying when the buff is activated. (Adrenaline Area Booster)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Clinic: Allows you to carry an additional Pain Pills/Adrenaline. <Press the ZOOM key with your item held to swap between the two> (Infirmary)
- Multi Dispenser: Gives 11 seconds duration, for 3 (2 in VS) uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to also shoot a Grenade Launcher projectile. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb detonation no longer affects survivors but radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Lingering Shocks: After using a defib, the effects will persist around you for 15 seconds. <Won't be interrupted and doesn't require a defib> (Healing Shocks)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to get around areas faster with movement abilities than needing to help other survivors by teleporting them out of danger and teleporting near other survivors, you can swap out the |E| Displacement Buff for the Mobility Master Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you want to help out the survivors with damage on the tank, resurrecting of a number of survivors or infected crowd control over healing and clearing of bad statuses on survivors, you can swap out the Health Dispenser Buff for the |C| Discharger Buff.
- If you want to help save the survivors from a wipe rather than giving them any ammo piles, you can swap out the |E| Ammo Dispenser Buff for the |E| Sacrifice Buff.
- If you do find that a wall is better at protecting the survivors compared to a turret in some situations, you can swap out the |E| Slaying Automata Buff for the |E| Repulsion Wall Buff.
- If you don't want extra survivability but want something that can potentially help save all survivors from a game over, you can swap out the Finale Dominator Buff for the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |E| Ground Absorbent: Gives -35% reduced acid/fire damage taken. Taking any acid/fire damage for 3 seconds will absorb it, remove it and gives 20 seconds damage immunity to that type. Standing in fire/acid while immune gives THP equal to 50% damage (Max. 10/tick) and standing in it for 3 seconds absorbs it, giving HP equal to 250% damage (Max. 100). <75 second cooldown for immunity> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- Adrenaline Area Booster: You can shove the ground to consume your Adrenaline, giving all survivors in 300 units +10% movement speed bonus, +3 HP/s regen for 15 seconds and 5 seconds of Adrenaline. <Effect cannot be renewed until it wears off> <15 second cooldown> <Press RELOAD with adrenaline in hand to get cooldown time>
- |E| Displacement: On use, target anyone in 1250 units and hold USE to swap places. Surv. swap needs <50% HP, down or pinned. Swap takes 2.5s and gives both 5s M. Bless. Tank swap deals 100*(tier+1) non-lethal damage to you, force stuns it for 1.5s. <No Swap Surv./Tank if dying or after another swap for 1/2 min> <When choosing target, hold ATTACK/SHOVE for only allies/Tanks> <✖ VS, 3 min cooldown, you+target must be grounded> (Command: sm_displace)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Infirmary: In place for throwables, able to equip 2 health items (First Aid/Defib) at once. <Can't pickup second health item with throwable in hand, swap to other weapon first> <Press the ZOOM key with your health item held to swap between the two> <You will drop your secondary item on death>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.8 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |E| Ammo Dispenser: Allows you to buy and place an ammo pile on the floor through the !buy menu in the Miscellaneous section. <Dispenser base cost: 20 bounty> <Maximum 5 ammo piles spawned per round for all survivors> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 15 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- |E| Repulsion Wall: While still, press WALK + USE to deploy a Repulsion Wall in front of you. It has 1,000 HP and loses 5/10/30 HP when regular/ unique Commons/Specials are repelled by touching it. The wall passively loses 20 HP per second. Survivors can freely shoot, throw and move through it. <Can't place wall close to another, max 3 walls at once> <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a 100K+ HP tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds, damaging all infected in 350 units for 10K true damage. Survivors near take up to 15% max HP damage and be stunned for up to 5 seconds, with the stun being avoidable by crouching. Only 1 bomb attachable at once. <Max 5 uses on same target> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Healing Shocks: With a defib equipped (doesn't have to be held), regen HP every second equal to number of other survivors within 400 units, up to +10HP. Other survivors heal for 33% of your regeneration. <Can't heal while poisoned or incapacitated> <Incapacitated survivors don't count> <First equipping or taking 15+ damage from a single hit delays healing by 3 secs> <Heals up to 90% Max HP>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune with tanks below 50% HP regaining 0.1% max HP/s. All infected cannot move, act or attack. Specials will release their victims. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- It's up to you to decide how to best support the survivors, whether they'd need an offensive/defensive/healer/support player. Whatever it is you decide to do, do your best in handling the infected to the best of your abilities.
- Supporting the survivors with ammo piles, turret placements and or well timed ability uses can help to turn the tide of an infected battle, be sure to use those critical moments well when you know the survivors are in trouble!
XenCarta PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN.COM