Recommended Tier 3 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 3 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.10.15)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 3 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3
This buff set is suited for when going up against an Infernal Tank. Using buffs that benefit you having more movement speed, health regeneration and other useful buffs against the fire damage going out to the survivors.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Infernal Fire Fighter COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / Chainsaw Dumbass+*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+ / |V| Guardian Dispenser+*
- (SURV) Infected Swarm Protection / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) |E| Fentanyl Injector / |E| Super Moustachio Bless+*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+ / |E| Pain Moderation+*
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact+ / Group Morale*
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice / |E| Cleansing Pills+*
- (SURV) Frag Grenade / Infirmary+*
- (SURV) |V| Electric Frag Grenade / Adrenaline Area Booster+* / |E| Ground Absorbent**
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
- (SURV) Special First Aid+ / Mobility Master+*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that kills Special Infected. Won't consume normal knifes. Max count = Knife max + 1. <✖ VS, 500 damage + 5s bleed to Tanks, missed knives can be reclaimed or return after 30s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- |E| Chainsaw Maniac: While using your chainsaw, gain +10% move speed and cannot be slowed by common infected hitting you. (Chainsaw Dumbass)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds. <Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- Cleansing Aura: When Cleansing Pills is activated, clear any allies and give them immunity for 8 seconds (200 range). (|E| Cleansing Pills)
- Clinic: Allows you to carry an additional Pain Pills/Adrenaline. <Press the ZOOM key with your item held to swap between the two> (Infirmary)
- |E| Adrenaline Accelerator: -25% reduced slow effects of affected survivors and causes slow effects to instantly start decaying when the buff is activated. (Adrenaline Area Booster)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- Special Defibrillator: Defibrillators also activate Special First Aid. (Special First Aid)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to have increased movement speed over crowd control against the tank, you can swap out the |E| Zapping Gun Buff for the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff.
- If you prefer to have a buff saving you from death after taking lethal damage healing off slows and bad status effects as well as giving some health back over just moustachio bless, you can swap out the Guardian Moustachio for the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff.
- If you prefer to more defense against the common and special infected without tenacity buff equipped, you can swap out the Infected Swarm Protection Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you want to have an easier time getting away from the Infernal Tank or fire without getting crowd controlled over health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Fentanyl Injector Buff for the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to mitigate some of the fire damage taken over having health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff for the |E| Pain Moderation Buff.
- If you prefer to have increased defense against the tank rather than a way to give everyone damage immunity while saving them from possible death, you can swap out the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff for the Group Morale Buff.
- If you prefer to have a way to get rid of the stuns being inflicted by the tank, and don't want to sacrifice to resurrect other dead survivors alive, you can swap out the |E| Sacrifice Buff for the |E| Cleansing Pills Buff.
- If you prefer to have more health items to help you out when on the move rather than instant exploding grenades, you can swap out the Frag Grenade Buff for the Infirmary Buff.
- If you aren't using grenades but want a buff to help you and other teammates to move around faster when fighting the tank, you can swap out the |V| Electric Frag Grenade Buff for the Adrenaline Area Booster Buff. If you instead want to reduce fire damage taken and with fire immunity absorbing/removing the source, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Ground Absorbent Buff.
- If you don't want to heal off any bad status effects afflicted and want to avoid the fire damage more easily, you can swap out the Special First Aid Buff for the Mobility Master Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pistols or the Chainsaw
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Chainsaw Dumbass: On common infected kill, +4% chainsaw fuel refill. On special infected kill, +10% chainsaw fuel refill.
- |P| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Infected Swarm Protection: -3% reduced damage taken from common infected multiplied by the amount of common infected within range. <Radius: 135 units>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- |E| Fentanyl Injector: Heals 3HP/s after receiving damage from tanks if not poisoned/incapacitated until you reach full health.
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activatewith lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune and Special Infected can't pin and will release their victims. All infected will not move, act or attack while active. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- Group Morale: +1% defense gained for every other survivor alive.
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |E| Cleansing Pills: Consuming Pain Pills removes most bad status effects and gives status effect immunity for 15 seconds. <45 second cooldown for immunity> <Press RELOAD with pills in hand to get cooldown time> <✖ VS>
- Frag Grenade: Your pipe bomb will instantly detonate on collision. <Incompatible with Seeking Grenade buff>
- Infirmary: In place for throwables, able to equip 2 health items (First Aid/Defib) at once. <Can't pickup second health item with throwable in hand, swap to other weapon first> <Press the ZOOM key with your health item held to swap between the two> <You will drop your secondary item on death>
- |V| Electric Frag Grenade: Turns pipe bombs into electric frag bombs. Infected in the explosion become ignited and stunned for 4 seconds (1 second on tanks). If the infected was in water, they will be electrocuted for 25 seconds. <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Same target can't be electrocuted again for 30 seconds> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Area Booster: You can shove the ground to consume your Adrenaline, giving all survivors in 300 units +10% movement speed bonus, +3 HP/s regen for 15 seconds and 5 seconds of Adrenaline. <Effect cannot be renewed until it wears off> <15 second cooldown> <Press RELOAD with adrenaline in hand to get cooldown time>
- |E| Ground Absorbent: -35% reduced acid/fire damage taken. Taking any acid/fire damage for 3 seconds will absorb it, remove it and gives 20 seconds damage immunity to that type. Standing in fire/acid while immune gives THP equal to 50% damage (Max. 10/tick) and standing in it for 3 seconds absorbs it, giving HP equal to 250% damage (Max. 100). <60 second cooldown for immunity> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive, gain infinite adrenaline effect. <✖ Survival>
- Special First Aid: On first aid kit use, cures most bad status effects off you and any nearby survivors. You also become immune to the next inflicted bad status effect.
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Try to avoid being caught within Infernal Tank's fire. It can hurt a lot when you are not careful about where you're going while the tank is alive.