Recommended Tier 3 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 3 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.5)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 3 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3
This Buff Set is suited for against the Breeder Tank. When you need ways to deal with the small common infected and ankle biter jockeys that get spawned from this Tank.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue or purple.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Infected Handler COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |E| Focused+ / |E| Zombie Eradicator+*
- (SURV) |E| Shrapnel Shot+
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) |E| Slow Resistance+ / |E| Super Moustachio Bless+*
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) Infected Swarm Protection / Dummy Rounds+*
- (SURV) |E| Fentanyl Injector / Deadeye+*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Deadly Shove+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) |C| Discharger+
- (SURV) Steadfast Aim+ / |V| Persistence*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife that deals 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, missed knives reclaimable or return after 20s, used knives reclaimable from dead body> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Hawkeye: Headshots to Special Infected bypass damage immunities, dealing 10% of current bonus headshot damage. (|E| Focused)
- Zombie Shredder: Deal 50% bonus damage to Common Infected. (|E| Zombie Eradicator)
- Incendiary Shrapnel: Shrapnel damage will also burn infected. Won't burn infected that are immune to or benefit from fire. (|E| Shrapnel Shot)
- |E| Slow Repellent: Once a stun/freeze/paralyze effect ends, become immune to slow effects for 10 seconds (5 seconds for tanks). (|E| Slow Resistance)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Phantom Rounds: Gain chance to regain a second bullet. Chance is equal to half ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- |E| Deadshot: After 5 Deadeye shots, you can fire a Deadshot (hold USE and fire) at a Special/Tank, killing the SI or ignoring tank defenses and staggering it. It also blasts inside 300 units for the same damage, igniting them. Infected hit/killed don't trigger Deadeye. (Deadeye)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will heal for 3 HP/sec for 20 seconds. <Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- Strong Arm: Allows you to shove chargers to stagger them. +1% increased chance to free someone from Glutton belly. (Shoving Expert)
- Super Shove: You can shove any tank, staggering it. Costs 2 Deadly Shove charges. <✖ VS, Tank can't be shoved again for 15 seconds> (Deadly Shove)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- |E| Steadfast Sprint: Common Infected attacking you no longer cripple your move speed or ability to jump. (Steadfast Aim)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to help take care of the breeder CI over having more headshot damage against ankle biter jockeys, you can swap out the |E| Focused Buff for the |E| Zombie Eradicator Buff.
- If you prefer to have more crowd control resistance and ways to activate moustachio bless over resistance to slows from the ankle biter jockeys, you can swap out the |E| Slow Resistance Buff for the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff.
- If you want to have more ammo for taking on the breeder infected and ankle biter jockeys over reduced damage for infected surrounding you, you can swap out the Infected Swarm Protection Buff for the Dummy Rounds Buff.
- If you want to be able to instantly kill those ankle biter jockeys with a deadshot buff enhancement over having health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Fentanyl Injector Buff for the Deadeye Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your Breeder Tank fights, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you don't have tenacity equipped but want more defense against those breeder CI and ankle biter jockeys, you can swap out the Steadfast Aim Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Focused: On Special Infected Headshot kill, +25% bonus headshot damage for the current round. Uber Infected take half bonus damage. Assault Rifles use 2 bullets on SI headshot. <Max bonus damage: 400%> <No bonus damage to Tanks> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zombie Eradicator: Shots against regular common infected (those not affected by certain buffs/Tank abilities) will deal minimum 100 damage with any weapon.
- |E| Shrapnel Shot: Your shots against infected have a 10% chance to hit up to 10 infected near the target for 50% damage dealt. The shrapnel damage ignores all attack and defense modifiers. The chance is halved on headshots. 2% chance against Common Infected, if using the M60 rifle or Zombie Eradicator Buff. If incapacitated, the chance is doubled. <Radius: 200 units> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- |E| Slow Resistance: -25% reduced maximum slow from Spitters, -33% decreased time before slows decay, -50% faster slow decay time.
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- Infected Swarm Protection: -3% reduced damage taken from common infected multiplied by the amount of common infected within range. <Radius: 135 units>
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- |E| Fentanyl Injector: Heals 3HP/s after receiving damage from tanks if not poisoned/incapacitated until you reach full health.
- Deadeye: On killing special infected from at least 50% health or with a headshot using AWP / Scout sniper rifles, gain +1 bullet into current magazine from your reserves. <Ammo save chance with AWP/Scout is halved while equipped> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Deadly Shove: Shoves instantly kill special infected. Works 3 times after the round starts. It recharges once every 3 minutes in COOP only.
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.8 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Steadfast Aim: On CI attacking you, they no longer jostle your aim and gain +10% defense against them. <✖ VS>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- If there are a lot of ankle biter jockeys or breeder infected around, you can focus your fire power towards those groups before going back to damage the Breeder Tank. It can be very useful towards supporting the other survivors who need to damage the tank or support other survivors well.