Recommended Tier 1 + 2 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 1 + 2 Tank Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.12.9)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 1 + 2 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4 | TBS5
This Buff Set is suited for when going up against an Assassin Tank or a Cloaked Assassin Tank. Useful for when you need to aggro them and make sure no one else can be killed by their fatal claw attacks.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Assassin Blocker COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / Finale Dominator+*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+ / |E| Super Moustachio Bless+*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser+ / Health Dispenser+*
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) Avenger+
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+ / |E| Love is in the air+*
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) |E| Dying Berserk+
- (SURV) |E| Auto-Medical+ / |E| Bodyguard+*
- (SURV) Prescription Medication+ / |E| Reactive Inoculation+* / |Q| Prowess-**
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds. <Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- |E| Witch Guard: Witches will no longer ignore incapacitation in Expert difficulty. (|E| Fatal Guard)
- Multi Dispenser: Gives 11 seconds duration, for 3 (2 in VS) uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Restorative Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal 2% missing HP/s (8% max HP in VS).
(|V| Protective Bag)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Destiny Bond: If both you and your favourite are dead, being resurrected in any way also resurrects your favourite with half health. <Cannot chain this effect> (|E| Love is in the air)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 8 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 7.5 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- |E| Safekeeper: If bodyguard target is affected with a status effect over 1 second, shoving them transfers the status to you, giving 1 bounty (2 for mutation) each time. <30 second cooldown, some statuses cannot be transferred, transferred statuses cannot be blocked> (|E| Bodyguard)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- |E| Selective Inoculation: Once per round with no tanks alive, you can select one status effect from the !buy menu, blocking 10 seconds of it and reducing duration by 50% for the round. (|E| Reactive Inoculation)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to receive full heals with your first aid kit over reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you prefer to have other ways of gaining moustachio bless and having crowd control immunity from the infected over health regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff for the |E| Super Moustachio Bless Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to save a survivor from being killed other than saving yourself from death with a dispenser, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the Health Dispenser Buff.
- If you prefer to favourite someone who you will then later revive when you get resurrected if they're dead over gaining aggro from the tank, you can swap out the |E| Berserk Buff for the |E| Love is in the air Buff.
- If you want to sacrifice yourself to stop a survivor being killed by the tank over healing before taking lethal damage, you can swap out the |E| Auto-Medical Buff for the |E| Bodyguard Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to reduce your ruptures gained from the Cloaked Assassin Tank over being able to buy any health item (except defib) for free with a buff enhancement, you can swap out the Prescription Medication Buff for the |E| Reactive Inoculation Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |E| Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. -50% less damage taken from Assassin class tanks + won't ignore incapacitation. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- |V| Protective Bag: Activates a protective bag to surround you putting you on stasis for 15s (3s on VS), where you can't attack or receive any damage. You can leave the bag early. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |E| Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate, making them your favourite in the !buy menu. Chosen teammate gains up to +25% defense and you take up to 10% base damage they take within 500 units. If in 250 units, when your favourite gains HP, you heal 25% of their heal. <Favourite cannot be changed once set and lasts the whole round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_favorite)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 8 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline will be used if they prevent incapacitation. Double tapping USE with Pills/Adrenaline and looking up can toggle auto-use. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- |E| Bodyguard: You can choose a survivor to protect. If they die within 500 units, you die instead. The chosen survivor heals equal to your current HP, loses tank aggro and clears all bad statuses. While dead, you gain +1 bounty every time they earn bounty. A survivor can only have 1 bodyguard but bodyguards can't have one. <Target can't be changed until they are not valid> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bodyguard)
- Prescription Medication: Can buy pills/adrenaline shot for free once per round in the !buy menu.
- |E| Reactive Inoculation: After being afflicted with a bad status effect, block that same bad status effect the next time it's inflicted. Stackable with several bad status effects but it won't work against some. For each bad status effect blocked, it's duration is reduced by 5%, up to -25% maximum for the round. <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you want to avoid any survivors dying to the Assassin or Cloaked Assassin Tanks, be sure to aggro them quickly over to you. You have a number of damage immunity buffs to use at your disposal should you get on low health.