Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.
Recommended Tier 1 + 2 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Tier 1 + 2 Tank Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.9)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Tank Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended Tier 1 + 2 | TBS1 | TBS2 | TBS3 | TBS4 | TBS5
This Buff Set is situated for when you go up against a Duelist or a Juggernaut Tank. For when you want a quick way to be able to take down the tanks with melees without having too many problems.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
" Indicates that the Buff should only be equipped if you already have max stacks with it when using the buff in a previous buff set, which will be marked in green.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Duelist Master COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Butcher / |V| Gory Killer+*
- (SURV) |E| Deep Cuts / |E| Blunt Force Trauma* / |E| Smasher Pan**
- (SURV) Deflection Suit+ / Unstoppable+* / |E| Promise+**
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+ / |V| War Wounds"*
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / Down But Not Out+*
- (SURV) |E| Super Moustachio Bless+
- (SURV) Hyperactive+ / Chainsaw Dumbass* / |V| Nihilism**
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) Mobility Master+ / Steadfast Aim+* / |Q| Prowess-**
- (SURV) |C| Battle Cry
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Gory Munitions: Every 45 seconds, your chainsaw instantly kills the next special for more fuel but gives +10% missing ammo for your primary weapon. (|V| Gory Killer)
- Barbed Wire: You passively deal 25 damage per second to all infected inside 75 units. (Deflection Suit)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Pledge: You will heal 25HP every time you revive or free a non-bot survivor. <No effect from hanging revives> (|E| Promise)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Steady Sight: You will no longer suffer from dizzy aim sway while incapacitated. Accuracy penalty from being incapacitated reduced by 50%. (Down but Not Out)
- Moustachio Grace: Using Pain Pills/Adrenaline grants 3 seconds of Moustachio Bless. Using a Defibrillator grants 6 seconds of Moustachio Bless. (|E| Super Moustachio Bless)
- Overcharge Arms: While Hyperactive is active, 1/3 swing speed penalty. While Hyperactive is on cooldown, halved swing speed penalty. (Hyperactive)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- |E| Steadfast Sprint: Common Infected attacking you no longer cripple your move speed or ability to jump. (Steadfast Aim)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has a chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws that can deal more damage and ignore tank resistances rather than other melee weapon that can deal much more damage, you can swap out the Butcher Buff for the |V| Gory Killer Buff.
- If you prefer to use other melee weapons such as ones that can stun and then stagger stun immune infected over ones that can ignore tank melee resistances, you can swap out the |E| Deep Cuts Buff for the |E| Blunt Force Trauma Buff. If you prefer instead to use a powerful pan that can explode when hitting the infected, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Smasher Pan Buff.
- If you want to have crowd control resistance against tank punches with a buff enhancement over dealing AOE true damage with a buff enhancement, you can swap out the Deflection Suit Buff for the Unstoppable Buff. If you want to have more HP for surviving the tank's attacks however, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Promise Buff.
- If you want more maximum HP (with max stacks) for surviving tank attacks over having more tank knockback recovery with a buff enhancement, you can swap out the General Tank Handler Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you want to be able to use melee weapons while incapacitated instead of having more maximum HP, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the Down But Not Out Buff.
- If you prefer to use chainsaws over other melee weapons, you can swap out the Hyperactive Buff for the Chainsaw Dumbass Buff. If you're using a powerful frying pan melee weapon instead though, you can swap out either buff for the |V| Nihilism Buff.
- If you prefer not to be stopped by CI when you get hit with a buff enhancement over having movement abilities to move around more easily, you can swap out the Mobility Master Buff for the Steadfast Aim Buff. If you instead prefer to level up any class at class level 4 to class level 5, you can swap out either buff for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon (Random Weapon Config is recommended)
- Any Deep Cuts, BFT melee weapons, Smasher Pan or the Chainsaw
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Butcher: On each melee hit, deal +1% of target's current HP as bonus damage. <Only works with targets that take melee damage> <Max bonus: +500 damage> <Bonus not applied to Chainsaw>
- |V| Gory Killer: Chainsaws deal +10% (Max: 250HP on tanks) of the target's maximum HP as additional damage. Also enables them to bypass tank resistances, at the cost of halving flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Deep Cuts: Allows sharp melee weapons (Axe, Katana, Machete, Knife) to ignore tank melee resistance and never break. Ignoring resistances halves flat attack bonuses. <✖ VS>
- |E| Blunt Force Trauma: Every 3rd melee strike on the same Special Infected/Tank with Bats/Golf Club/Tonfa deals x2 damage and stuns for 1 second. Stun Immune or already stunned targets instead become staggered. Melee breaking Tanks won't break weapons until a stun/stagger is inflicted. <Target can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Tanks can't be staggered in 15 seconds of another stagger> <✖ VS>
- |E| Smasher Pan: Transforms the Frying Pan into the Smasher Pan. Swings -40% slower but deals x2.5 base damage and releases an explosive blast dealing 250 damage. Bypasses effects that block or break it and is unaffected by melee fatigue. <Flat bonus damages are halved when bypassing melee resistance> <✖ VS>
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage taken against infected. Against Witches and Tanks, reflect 25% of melee damage taken. <Damage returned won't generate Tank aggro> <✖ VS>
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- |E| Promise: Gain +1,000 increased max HP. If any survivor dies to the infected, you take (400 - their level) damage. This damage scales on current HP % and is nullified below 25% HP. Regain +100 HP for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you and block Promise damage for 10 seconds. <Bots or survivors falling behind dying won't hurt you> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- Down But Not Out: Can use primary or melee weapons while incapacitated and can attack while crawling. +50% reduced incap fire rate and reload penalty. <Press the WALK key while incapacitated to swap weapons> <✖ VS>
- |E| Super Moustachio Bless: While Moustachio Bless is active, become immune to staggers, slows, special infected pins, tank punches stuns and tank rock knockdowns. <Complete tank punch resist if performing action> <✖ VS>
- Hyperactive: On using pills/adrenaline shot, +10% increased swing and movement speed and melee fatigue cannot decrease/increase for 15 seconds. Hyperactive cannot be re-applied for 15 seconds after. <Press RELOAD with meds in hand to get cooldown time>
- Chainsaw Dumbass: On common infected kill, +4% chainsaw fuel refill. On special infected kill, +10% chainsaw fuel refill.
- |V| Nihilism: +1HP extra damage for each 5% of missing HP. having less than 10% health doubles bonus damage. <Shotguns gain 1/4 benefit per pellet> <No effect whilst incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Steadfast Aim: On CI attacking you, they no longer jostle your aim and gain +10% defense against them. <✖ VS>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- |C| Battle Cry: After shouting an intense battle cry, you and other nearby teammates gain increased fire rate and swing speed equal to the number of nearby teammates for 20 seconds. The cooldown is shared between all survivors. <Cooldown: 3 minutes + 3 seconds for each teammate nearby> <Radius: 275 units> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_battlecry)
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- If you don't want to receive any tank knockback in the beginning, be sure to heal up before going in there with other attack speed increasing buffs so you can get in as many hits as possible before the tank can knock you away.
- If you need to escape from the tanks for a moment, or just to avoid their abilities use you can try moving around the area quicker with Mobility Master Buff or clear the area of infected with |V| Bird Whistle Buff if you get surrounded, do make sure it hits the tanks though if you do want any true damage being dealt to them.
XenCarta PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN.COM