Recommended Defensive Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.2.4)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Special Infected and for special situations.
Fortified Survivor COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / Finale Dominator+*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) |Q| Poison Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Bomb Tank Protection
- (SURV) Counter Slap
- (SURV) |E| Slow Resistance
- (SURV) Group morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard
- (SURV) |V| Acid neutralizer
- (SURV) |V| Persistence
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds
Buff Enhancements Used
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. Max stacks 10 on normal maps. (Finale Dominator)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, On each special infected kill, +1 stack of finale dominator (+2 stacks on each uber special infected kill), up to 15. +2% increased damage, +1% increased defense, +1% increased movement speed, +0.5% increased fire rate, +2% increased reload speed and +2% chance to save ammo. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by special infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- Mutation Shield: Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Poison Shield: Protection against Poison Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Bomb Tank Protection: Protection from instant death from bomb tank explosion, stunned for 13 seconds instead.
- Counter Slap: -2% decrease in bitch-slap power x amount of boomers killed during the round. <Max: 40%>
- Slow Resistance: -25% reduced maximum slow from Spitters, -33% decreased time before slows decay, -50% faster slow decay time.
- Group Morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives -25% less damage taken and you take up to 10% base damage they take depending on how close you are to them within 500 units. Within 250 units, when favourite gains HP, you heal 25% of their heal. <Favourite cannot be changed once set and lasts the whole round> <✖ VS>
- It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <✖ VS>
- Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. -50% less damage taken from Assassin class tanks + won't ignore incapacitation. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <✖ VS>
- Acid neutralizer: After not taking acid damage for 8 (6 in VS) seconds. recover 50% (15% in VS) acid damage taken as HP back at a rate of 15% remaining recover HP every 0.5 seconds. Taking acid damage delays the healing. <Cannot regain health while incapacitated>
- Persistence: -50% less damage taken from all sources, x2 damage taken while incapacitated. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- War Wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
Tips for effectively using this buff set <top>
- If you want to give someone a large amount of defense for a short time, you can revive the survivor that you selected as your favourite with the Love is in the air Buff. They will then benefit from your Courage Buff and have more chances of survival after being revived from incapacitation.