Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.12.14)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2 | DBS3
This buff set is situated more towards defense and increased aggro against Tanks.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
" Indicates that the Buff should only be equipped if you already have max stacks with it when using the buff in a previous buff set, which will be marked in green.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Defensive Guardian COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Group Morale / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Crush resistance / |E| Pain Moderation+* / Excitement+**
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) |E| Promise+
- (SURV) Avenger+ / |E| Hidden Strength+*
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) Down but Not Out+ / |V| Bird Whistle* / |E| Ground Absorbent**
- (SURV) Compressed Shell+ / |Q| Piercing Bullets+* / Pain Stimulant+**
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds" / |E| Auto-Medical+*
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+ / |E| Non-Aggression Pact+*
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 736-gtonme-j06sh5-ju22fu-lp8a03-li2ipo-n4k8 (Primary) (Second Choices: 8., 13. and 15.)
- |Q| Prowess: 733-gtonme-lmupnt-ju22fu-lp8a03-li2ipo-n4k8 (Primary) (Second Choices: 8. 13. and 15.)
- 2nd: 73t-gtonme-j06sk8-ju0xjm-lp8a03-m2wcjg-n4k8 (Non-Tenacity Set) (Second Choices: 6., 14. and 15.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73q-gtonme-lmupqw-ju0xjm-lp8a03-m2wcjg-n4k8 (Non-Tenacity Set) (Second Choices: 6., 14. and 15.)
- 3rd: 72x-gtonme-j06sh5-jtxsw2-lpblln-n6bcm2-ss9k (Survivability Set) (Second Choices: 11. and 16.) (Third Choices: 8., 13. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72u-gtonme-lmupnt-jtxsw2-lpblln-n6bcm2-ss9k (Survivability Set) (Second Choices: 11. and 16.) (Third Choices: 8., 13. and 14.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 737-gtiw26-j06sh5-ju22fu-lp8a03-li2ipo-n4k8 (Primary) (Second Choices: 8., 13. and 15.)
- |Q| Prowess: 734-gtiw26-lmupnt-ju22fu-lp8a03-li2ipo-n4k8 (Primary) (Second Choices: 8., 13. and 15.)
- 2nd: 73u-gtiw26-j06sk8-ju0xjm-lp8a03-m2wcjg-n4k8 (Non-Tenacity Set) (Second Choices: 6., 14. and 15.)
- |Q| Prowess: 73r-gtiw26-lmupqw-ju0xjm-lp8a03-m2wcjg-n4k8 (Non-Tenacity Set) (Second Choices: 6., 14. and 15.)
- 3rd: 72y-gtiw26-j06sh5-jtxsw2-lpblln-n6bcm2-ss9k (Survivability Set) (Second Choices: 11. and 16.) (Third Choices: 8., 13. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72v-gtiw26-lmupnt-jtxsw2-lpblln-n6bcm2-ss9k (Survivability Set) (Second Choices: 11. and 16.) (Third Choices: 8., 13. and 14.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, deal 1,500 explosive damage to nearby infected. -250 reduced damage for each activation, 500 minimum. Medkit use resets damage. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- |E| Pain Transfer: Upon gaining temporary health from taking damage, for 5 seconds 2% of damage dealt to Specials or Tanks will exchange temporary health into permanent health. (|E| Pain Moderation)
- Shared Excitement: Survivors nearby gain half (min. 1) of what you gain. <Also works on Over Excitement> (Excitement)
- Restorative Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal 2% missing HP/s (8% max HP in VS). (|V| Protective Bag)
- Pledge: You will heal 25HP every time you revive or free a non-bot survivor. <No effect from hanging revives> (|E| Promise)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Inner Might: When used, gain full CC immunity, status immunity and 60% damage resistance (including true damage) for 20 seconds. Damage resistance decays over time. (|E| Hidden Strength)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Choose one tank to aggro instantly for 8 seconds, putting Enraging Waves on cooldown when used. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- Steady Sight: You will no longer suffer from dizzy aim sway while incapacitated. Accuracy penalty from being incapacitated reduced by 50%. (Down but Not Out)
- Adaptive Shell: Reloading early will grant +1.5% reload speed per shell currently loaded. (Compressed Shell)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 7.5 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- General Dominator:Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Posthumous Pact: You can activate the pact while dead. If activated, -5 seconds reduced duration. (|E| Non-Aggression Pact)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Group Morale Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your defenses, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you prefer to be a tanky survivor that can still be incapacitated over a tanky survivor with more maximum health for survival, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you plan on using the Tenacity Buff, you can swap out the |V| Crush Resistance Buff for the |E| Pain Moderation Buff. If you instead prefer to be able to gain temporary health from killing infected, you can swap out either buff for the Excitement Buff.
- If you want to have a second chance to defend against tank damage after dying over having increased damage/not being able to be killed against the killer, you can swap out the Avenger Buff for the |E| Hidden Strength Buff.
- If you want to be able to aggro the tank over using a powerful aggro tool rather than being able to use primary/melee weapons while incapacitated, you can swap out the Down but Not Out Buff for the |V| Bird Whistle Buff. if you instead want better defense against acid/fire sources instead over aggro, you can swap out either buff for the |E| Ground Absorbent Buff.
- If you prefer to use other weapons over shotguns for tank aggro, you can swap out the Compressed Shell Buff for the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff. If you don't want to have increased damage for helping you aggro the infected over having defense with temporary health using a buff enhancement, you can swap out either buff for the Pain Stimulant Buff.
- If you don't plan on using |V| War Wounds Buff with stacks of the buff from previous use an earlier buff set, you can swap it out for the |E| Auto-Medical Buff.
- If you don't want extra survivability but want something that can potentially help save all survivors from a game over, you can swap out the Finale Dominator Buff for the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set: <top>
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || +20%/-20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% ||+20%/-20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || +20%/-20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage, become live for 6 seconds where you ignore defenses/immunities, status/CC effects. won't use ammo or gain fatigue. Taunt all tanks but halve buff attack bonuses. -0.5s reduced time for each activation, min 3s. Medkit use resets time. Performing use actions won't end Dying Berserk. <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <No ammo save with custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, take double damage if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |V| Crush resistance: -1 to 50% less damage taken from tanks while incapacitated depending on current HP. Higher current incap HP equals less damage taken.
- |E| Pain Moderation: If you have no THP when taking damage, 33% of the damage (max: 200 HP) is returned as THP. THP decays slightly faster with this buff equipped. <Does not activate with lethal or fall damage> <✖ VS>
- Excitement: On killing common infected, +1THP. On killing special infected, +10THP (Uber Infected give +20THP). <Buff doesn't work if you are poisoned>
- |V| Protective Bag: Activates a protective bag to surround you putting you on stasis for 15s (3s on VS), where you can't attack or receive any damage. You can leave the bag early. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Promise: Gain +1,000 increased max HP. If any survivor dies to the infected, you take (400 - their level) damage. This damage scales on current HP % and is nullified below 25% HP. Regain +100 HP for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you and block Promise damage for 10 seconds. <Bots or survivors falling behind dying won't hurt you> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: If 6 or fewer survivors are alive, you can use the !buy menu to resurrect yourself if your body wasn't destroyed or haven't died for over 3 minutes. You'll be revived with -75% reduced max HP and move -30% slower. Both decay over 2 minutes. You'll gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 8 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- Down but Not Out: Can use primary or melee weapons while incapacitated and can attack while crawling. +50% reduced incap fire rate and reload penalty. <Press the WALK key while incapacitated to swap weapons> <✖ VS>
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |E| Ground Absorbent: Gives -35% reduced acid/fire damage taken. Taking any acid/fire damage for 3 seconds will absorb it, remove it and gives 20 seconds damage immunity to that type. Standing in fire/acid while immune gives THP equal to 50% damage (Max. 10/tick) and standing in it for 3 seconds absorbs it, giving HP equal to 250% damage (Max. 100). <75 second cooldown for immunity> <✖ VS>
- Compressed Shell: Can fully reload shotguns with just 1 shell. Disables reload speed upgrade and doubles reload time.
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds. Gain +25% increased HP received on revive.
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from an incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also regain HP equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 200 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline will be used if they prevent incapacitation. Double tapping USE with Pills/Adrenaline and looking up can toggle auto-use. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead, You can use the Non-Aggression Pact. For 20 seconds Survivors/Tanks become damage immune with tanks below 50% HP regaining 0.1% max HP/s. All infected cannot move, act or attack. Specials will release their victims. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
Tips for effectively using this buff set:
- You can be an effective defensive survivor for the team by taking on the tanks and having them attack you instead of the other survivors so you take the reduced damage.
- If you need to save some survivors from a powerful incoming attack from a tank, aggro the tank over then use your |V| Protective Bag Buff to nullify all of the damage for a short time afterwards.