Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (BaBS V2.4.12)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2 | DBS3
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Tanks.
Defensive Guardian COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) Group morale / |E| Halloween Spirit#*
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag
- (SURV) |E| Promise
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+
- (SURV) |E| Auto-Medical
- (SURV) Finale Dominator+*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- |E| Vigor: Increases the potency of all heal/regen effects by 3. (Tenacity)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense is now 20% damage resistance, making it always active. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Instead of drawing all Tank aggro when active, you can choose one Tank to aggro instantly. The aggro lasts 10 seconds and Enraging Waves will instantly be put on cooldown upon use. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. Max stacks 10 on normal maps. (Finale Dominator)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If the |E| Halloween Spirit Buff has not yet expired, you can swap it in for the Group morale Buff.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
- Any Secondary Weapon
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. You don't consume ammo or gain fatigue, damage will ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt cooldown. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- |P| Mutation Shield: Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Group morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- |E| Halloween Spirit: +20% Increased damage dealt and -20% reduced damage taken against tanks. <Works until November 21st> <✖ VS>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- |E| It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200, but you will die if HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP each once per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%> <Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP> <Increases damage taken from all hits by 3> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Promise: +1000 increased max HP. On other survivors dying to infected, take (400 - their level) as damage. Damage is scaled based on current HP and ignored below 10% HP. +100 HP regained for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you. <Bots or survivors falling behind dont count> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |V| Enraging waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline used from this effect are x2 effective and also activate if they can prevent incapacitation. <Doesn't work if hanging or from fall damage> <First Aid Kit won't activate if pinned> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give a stack of Finale Dominator (Uber Infected kills give 2 stacks), max 15. Each one gives 2% Attack, 1% Defense, 1% move speed, 0.5% fire rate, 1% reload speed, 2% ammo save chance and 1% deploy speed. A stack is lost if no Special Infected is killed in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by special infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- You can soak the damage for your team with your defensive buffs since they'll protect you from almost half of all tank damage.