Recommended Defensive Buff Set 2 (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 2 (BaBS V2.0.3)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Special Infected, but can also be used against tanks in a way too.
Fortified Survivor COOP <top>
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles
- (SURV) Deflection Suit
- (SURV) |P| Mutation Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) |Q| Poison Shield (Expires)
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio
- (SURV) Bomb Tank Protection
- (SURV) Counter Slap
- (SURV) |E| Slow Resistance
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) Infected Swarm Protection
- (SURV) General Tank Handler
- (SURV) |E| Love is in the air
- (SURV) |E| It wasn't that high
- (SURV) Tenacity
- (SURV) |E| Fatal Guard
Weapons used in this buff set
- Any Primary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
- Any Secondary Weapon (Whichever your good with)
Benefits of this buff set <top>
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage against infected. Against tanks and witches, reflect 25% of melee damage. <Coop Only>
- Mutation Shield: Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Poison Shield: Protection against Poison Bad Status Effect.
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- Bomb Tank Protection: Protection from instant death from bomb tank explosion, stunned for 13 seconds instead.
- Counter Slap: -2% decrease in bitch-slap power x amount of boomers killed during the round. <Max: 40%>
- Slow Resistance: -25% reduced maximum slow from Spitters, -33% decreased time before slows decay, -50% faster slow decay time.
- Group Morale: -1% reduced damage taken for every other survivor alive.
- Infected Swarm Protection: -3% reduced damage taken from common infected x amount of common infected within range. <Radius: 135 units>
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks x current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Love is in the air: Allows you to select a teammate as a favourite in !buy menu. Chosen teammate receives -25% damage taken, but you take 1HP damage every time they get hit. Standing nearby your chosen teammate gives you 1HP every 5 seconds. <Effect disappears if you die> <1HP damage is not applied if the other survivor favourites you too> <Coop Only>
- It wasn't that high: -10% decreased fall damage caused by infected. +300HP increased needed damage to become ragdoll'd. Prevents ragdoll death once per round if killed by fall damage within 600 units of another visible survivor. <Coop Only>
- Tenacity: +200 additional maximum HP per level above 200. You instantly die if HP reaches 0. <Health from medkits is reduced for each medkit used (100% -> 66% -> 33%)> <increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Max defense while equipped: 50%><Max gain from this buff: 7,500HP> <Increases damage taken from all hits by 3><Coop Only>
- Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. -50% less damage taken from Assassin class tanks + won't ignore incapacitation. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <Coop Only>
Tips for effectively using this buff set
- If you want to take on aggro from more than just tanks, go out there and make the infected target you instead of the other survivors using your defensive buffs (when the infected need to get through you to reach them). You'll do the survivor team a good favor by helping them to survive.
- If there are assassin or freezing tanks around, aggro them over to you so you can tank their hits using the Fatal Guard Buff and give other survivors free damage dealt on them. This can make the situation less dangerous against these types of tanks.