Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (UQC) (BaBS)
Recommended Defensive Buff Set 1 (Unique/Quest/Craftable) (BaBS V2.12.23)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to The Types of Buff Sets Page
Back to Recommended Defensive Buff Sets (UQC) Page
Go to Recommended | DBS1 | DBS2 (UQC)
This buff set is situated more towards defense against Tanks.
^ Indicates that the Buff is temporary and will expire after a certain period of time has passed.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
- Indicates that the Buff is required in order to level up any class from class level 4 to class level 5.
Defensive Guardian COOP (UQC) <top>
- (SURV) Knife+
- (SURV) Goggles+ / Finale Dominator+*
- (SURV) |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires)^
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+ / Avenger+*
- (SURV) Hope on Sight+ / Unstoppable+*
- (SURV) Group Morale
- (SURV) General Tank Handler+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / Mindset Change+*
- (SURV) Tactical Reload+ / |Q| Prowess-*
- (SURV) Mobility Master+
- (SURV) Down but Not Out+ / Morphine Injector+*
- (SURV) Health Dispenser+
- (SURV) Knife Bag+ / Excitement+*
- (SURV) Compressed Shell+ / |Q| Piercing Bullets+* / Pain Stimulant+**
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
- (SURV) Hunting Reward+
Goggles Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72l-gtjj7i-ho0vx9-jf2v5w-limj78-icxt5w-nj80 (Primary) (Main Defender) (Second Choices: 5., 11. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72i-gtjj7i-ho0vx9-jf2v6k-limj78-icxt5w-nj80 (Primary) (Main Defender) (Second Choices: 5., 11. and 14.)
- 2nd: 728-gtjj7i-hnxyzh-jf2ue4-lis4l8-icy5ic-nj80 (Non-Tenacity Defender) (Second Choice: 8)
- |Q| Prowess: 725-gtjj7i-hnxyzh-jf2ues-lis4l8-icy5ic-nj80 (Non-Tenacity Defender) (Second Choice: 8.)
- 3rd: 72x-gtjj7i-jadd7h-jf2v5w-limj78-iwpib0-nj80 (Survivor Tank) (Second Choices: 4., 5., 11. and 13. ) (Third Choice: 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72u-gtjj7i-jadd7h-jf2v6k-limj78-iwpib0-nj80 (Survivor Tank) (Second Choices: 4., 5., 11. and 13.) (Third Choice: 14.)
Goggles Buff not Binded Codes:
- 1st: 72i-gtiw26-ho0vx9-jf2v5w-limj78-icxt5w-nj80 (Primary) (Main Defender) (Second Choices: 5., 11. and 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72f-gtiw26-ho0vx9-jf2v6k-limj78-icxt5w-nj80 (Primary) (Main Defender) (Second Choices: 5., 11. and 14.)
- 2nd: 725-gtiw26-hnxyzh-jf2ue4-lis4l8-icy5ic-nj80 (Non-Tenacity Defender) (Second Choice: 8.)
- |Q| Prowess: 722-gtiw26-hnxyzh-jf2ues-lis4l8-icy5ic-nj80 (Non-Tenacity Defender) (Second Choice: 8.)
- 3rd: 72u-gtiw26-jadd7h-jf2v5w-limj78-iwpib0-nj80 (Survivor Tank) (Second Choices: 4., 5., 11. and 13.) (Third Choice: 14.)
- |Q| Prowess: 72r-gtiw26-jadd7h-jf2v6k-limj78-iwpib0-nj80 (Survivor Tank) (Second Choices: 4., 5., 11. and 13.) (Third Choice: 14.)
Buff Enhancements Used:
- Throwing Knives: Hold USE and shove to throw a knife, dealing 750 damage/stagger to SI or 500 damage/5s bleed (100 dmg/s) to Tanks. Won't use normal knives. Max count equals Knife count + 1. <✖ VS, Knives reclaimable on miss/from target's dead body or return after 20s> (Knife)
- Gas Mask: Take only 1 gas based damage while the Gas Mask absorbs the rest. The mask absorbs 1000 damage (500 in VS) before breaking. Recharges in 3 minutes after breaking. Smoker smoke won't shroud vision while the gas mask is active. (Goggles)
- General Dominator: Removes map limits. On non-finale/survival maps, max stacks reduced to 10 and -5 seconds faster stack decay. (Finale Dominator)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio)
- Respite: Reduces claw damage from revenge targets by target's kill count times 5. Blocks Tank punch/rock stuns and SI Pin/Flings for 4s/8s from revenge targets. <Damage cannot be reduced below 1, decays over 4 seconds> (Avenger)
- Wish on Sight: No bleedout if a visible standing teammate is within 300 units and you aren't crawling. <✖ VS> (Hope on Sight)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- |E| General Tank Mastery: +0.12% increased recovery speed from Tank punch/rock stuns, multiplied by your current level. <✖ VS, 30% max bonus> (General Tank Handler)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Blood Transfusion: While incapacitated, increased bleed out gain is equal to (standing allies count) %, but killing Commons/Specials/Ubers heal 10/100/200 HP and delays bleedout damage by 1/3/5 seconds. Reaching full health from a Special/Uber kill will revive you. (Mindset Change)
- Lightning Hands: Once every 30 seconds, gain double bonus reload speed. (Tactical Reload)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Steady Sight: You will no longer suffer from dizzy aim sway while incapacitated. Accuracy penalty from being incapacitated reduced by 50%. (Down but Not Out)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds. <Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (Morphine Injector)
- Multi Dispenser: Gives 11 seconds duration, for 3 (2 in VS) uses per map. (Health Dispenser)
- Disposable Knife: Can buy a Disposable Knife for 20 bounty in Miscellaneous section. Used first and cannot benefit from other Knife effects. <Can only carry 1 Disposable Knife but can rebuy after use> (Knife Bag)
- Shared Excitement: Survivors nearby gain half (min. 1) of what you gain. <Also works on Over Excitement> (Excitement)
- Adaptive Shell: Reloading early will grant +1.5% reload speed per shell currently loaded. (Compressed Shell)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| Pain Analeptic: While having temporary health, gain 10% defense from any infected damage. Bonus is doubled if you have below 25% permanent health. (Pain Stimulant)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- |E| Trusted Consumer: When at maximum chance, you can buy any item if you have at least 50% of the required bounty cost, putting you into negative bounty. <Cannot be used on items in the Miscellaneous category> (Hunting Reward)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the Finale Dominator Buff.
- If you prefer being able to resist tank rock stuns and tank punch stuns with a buff enhancement over having some additional defense and reduced bleed out while incapped, you can swap out the Hope on Sight Buff for the Unstoppable Buff.
- If you prefer not being able to be killed by tanks for 8 seconds over resisting lethal damage should you take any that kills you, you can swap out the Guardian Moustachio Buff for the Avenger Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to gain full heals from a first aid kit rather than reduced heals, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the Mindset Change Buff.
- If you're levelling up any class from class level 4 to class level 5, the Tactical Reload Buff would be the best to replace since removing it from your buff set gives the least amount of impact on your defenses, you can swap it out for the |Q| Prowess Buff.
- If you prefer having higher health regeneration with higher maximum HP over being able to be incapacitated, you can swap out the Down but Not Out Buff for the Morphine Injector Buff.
- if you want to regenerate some temporary health from killing infected over having more knives to use against the infected, you can swap out the Knife Bag Buff for the Excitement Buff.
- If you prefer to use other weapons over shotguns for tank aggro, you can swap out the Compressed Shell Buff for the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff. If you don't want to have increased damage for helping you aggro the infected over having defense with temporary health using a buff enhancement, you can swap out either buff for the Pain Stimulant Buff.
Weapons/Configs used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles) / (SMGS): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47 Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Shotguns): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Hunting Rifle): +25%/-25% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (Military Sniper Rifle): +10%/-10% || +25%/-25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || +20%/-20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% ||+20%/-20%
- Any Secondary Weapon
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || +20%/-20%
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- Finale Dominator: On finale/survival maps, Special Infected kills give 1 stack of Finale Dominator (2 stacks on Uber Infected kills), max 15. +2% attack, +1% defense, +1% move speed, +0.5% fire rate, +1% reload speed, +2% ammo save chance and +1% deploy speed. You lose a stack in (25-stacks) seconds or if pinned by Special Infected or if incapacitated. You lose all stacks on death.
- |Q| Mutation Shield (Expires): Protection against Mutation Bad Status Effect.
- Hope on Sight: While incapacitated, if there is a visible standing survivor, gain -50% decreased bleed out rate and gain +5% defense. Gain +2% additional defense for each other visible standing survivor. After being revived, the buff effects linger for 5 seconds.
- Unstoppable: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, deal +200% increased damage and resist death from the revenge target for 8 seconds. The bonus damage scales down overtime. Current revenge target cannot become it again for 8 seconds. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- Group Morale: You gain +1% defense for every other survivor alive. Gain +1.5% defense increase instead for 15 seconds if resurrected.
- General Tank Handler: -0.12% reduced damage taken from tanks multiplied by your current level. <Max buff defense percent: 90%>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- Mindset Change: Allows you to be incapacitated an unlimited number of times. On each incap, max incap HP becomes 90% of the previous value. Using a first aid kit resets it to full. <Incap max health won't go lower than 300> <✖ VS>
- Tactical Reload: If manually reloading with 1 or more bullets left, +10% increased reload speed. For AWP and Scout snipers, bonus is +15%. <Doesn't affect Shotguns or the Grenade Launcher>
- |Q| Prowess: Allows you to level any class at class level 4 to class level 5. Gives +50% increased class experience from class actions. <Cannot be binded> <✖ VS>
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Down but Not Out: Can use primary or melee weapons while incapacitated and can attack while crawling. +50% reduced incap fire rate and reload penalty. <Press the WALK key while incapacitated to swap weapons> <✖ VS>
- Morphine Injector: Heals 3 HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Advanced Morphine Injector Buff>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to deploy a device on the floor that heals nearby survivors for 20HP + 0.5% Max HP, clears 2% of slows and 2 corrosion stacks every half second. It also cures most bad status effects and triggers Moustachio Bless for 5 seconds when deployed. <Hold medkit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Lasts 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP/half second, 1s of Moustachio Bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- Knife Bag: You can carry an additional knife. Upon reaching Level 201, gain an additional knife. <Requires Knife Buff> <✖ VS>
- Excitement: On killing common infected, +1THP. On killing special infected, +10THP (Uber Infected give +20THP). <Buff doesn't work if you are poisoned>
- Compressed Shell: Can fully reload shotguns with just 1 shell. Disables reload speed upgrade and doubles reload time.
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- Pain Stimulant: Upon using Pain Pills, Adrenaline, or being revived, temporary HP no longer decays for 60 seconds. Gain +25% increased HP received on revive.
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
- Hunting Reward: On each special infected kill, +2% chance to get +1 additional bounty on bounty earning action. <Max: 30%>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- You can be an effective defensive survivor for the team by taking on the tanks and having them attack you instead of the other survivors so you take the reduced damage.
XenCarta PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN.COM