Sickening Tank (Missing Squad Scenario) (MGS V2.2.7)
Back to Marvelous Gaming Scenario Page
Back to Missing Squad Scenario Page
3. Sickening Tank
This tank is a powerful variation of the pestilent tank. It seems to be the original form of the pestilent tank before it becomes useless. The tank has no defenses, but has an incredible amount of health.
Punch Damage: 150 HP
Hit Delay: 1.0
Blocks: Fire and Melee
- (Passive) Toxicity: Adds one stack of Toxicity on each punch. The first stack causes the survivor to receive 1 HP every half second. Each new stack multiplies the damage by 2. (1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 -> ...). Survivors lose toxicity by 1 stack each 10 seconds. (Max DPS: 128).
- (Passive) Sticky Hold: Tank punches won't knock the victim away.
- (Passive) Paranoia: The tank is able to pass a strong disease that causes severe paranoia on survivors. The disease takes days to show up and is really easy to cure, but other survivors may not have noticed and will come to attack the group.
- (Passive) Contamination: All survivors take 2 HP damage every half second regardless of location for every minute that passes.
- (Active) Toxic Cloud: The tank releases toxic clouds that stay in an area for 15 seconds and deal 6 HP damage every 0.1 seconds. The cloud grows in size overtime.
- (Passive) Lethal disease: If a survivor is affected by a toxic cloud longer than 8 seconds they will be affected by a lethal disease. These survivors will lose 5% of their missing health and prevent health regen. The disease lasts until the tank or the survivor dies.
- (Passive) Corrosive Gases: Any damage inflicted from the tank will reduce the victim's maximum HP by 1. Max HP reduction is split between normal and incap HP without Tenacity.
- (Passive) Toxic desperation: When the tank is about to die, it gets desperate. The tank does not take damage while desperate and its abilities deal triple damage. The tank itself attacks and moves at double speed. After 45 seconds, the tank will explode by the instability of its inner gases.
The Sickening Tank is a scenario tank that was introduced during the Easter Event in 2017 within its own event map. However, since September 2018 it was reintroduced with the Missing Squad Scenario.
Recommended Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+ / Ranged Expert+*
- (SURV) |E| Weak Point Spotter
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+ / |V| Persistence*
- (SURV) Mindset Change / |V| War Wounds*
- (SURV) |V| Guardian Dispenser / |C| Discharger*
- (SURV) Avenger / |E| Hidden Strength*
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle / Mobility Master*
- (SURV) |E| Courage / |E| Fatal Guard+*
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+ / Dummy Rounds+*
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+ / |E| Charger Pet*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor, Flesh armor or Barrier health. Bonus reduction is equal to the weapon's bonus damage per shot. All weapons except AWP/Scout have 1/3 chance to activate. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGs no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- Juggernaut: Duration 20 secs but resist CC, SI pins (unstoppable effect) and tank punch stuns when active. Cooldown 4 mins. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Witch Guard: Witches will no longer ignore incapacitation in Expert difficulty. (|E| Fatal Guard)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to shoot Grenade Launcher. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Phantom Rounds: Gain chance to regain a second bullet. Chance is equal to half ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb doesn't affect allies, radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt. (|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you want to attack the tank from far away, rather than get close to it with rifles and smgs, you can swap out the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff for the Ranged Expert Buff.
- If you prefer to have defense against the infected and want to sacrifice surviving lethal damage, you can swap out the Guardian Moustachio Buff for the |V| Persistence Buff.
- If you want to have more maximum health to play with against the Sickening Tank, you can swap out the Mindset Change Buff for the |V| War Wounds Buff.
- If you want to be able to resurrect many survivors without having to wait to defib over being able to take lethal damage for a 2nd time, you can swap out the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff for the |C| Discharger Buff.
- If you want some movement abilities to evade the tank with in exchange for sacrificing some DPS against the tank, you can swap out the |V| Bird Whistle Buff for the Mobility Master Buff.
- If you prefer to survive against fatal attacks over helping incapacitated survivors to give them benefits, you can swap out the |E| Courage Buff for the |E| Fatal Guard Buff.
- If you prefer to have more DPS with your weapons rather than use the |E| Slaying Automata Buff for support, you can swap it out for the Dummy Rounds Buff.
- If you prefer to use a |E| Charger Pet Buff over the |V| Assassin Drone Buff, you can swap the buffs.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Any Primary Weapon
- Any Secondary Weapon
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you a knife that you can use to release yourself from SI. This can be done after 1 second of being trapped using the ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: On taking lethal damage you become spared from death for 6 seconds where you don't use ammo, gain fatigue, damage ignores enemy defenses/immunities and resist bad status or CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved in this duration and you draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt coldown. <Piercing immunities nullifies attack bonuses> <Ammo save does not activate for custom weapons> <✖ VS>
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Upon shooting the same Special Infected/Tank, +1% increased damage/bullet (+2% with Hunting Rifle/Single Pistol and +3% with Magnum pistol, AWP or Scout sniper rifles). Effect resets when changing target, changing weapon, or reloading. With shotguns, chance to gain 1% per pellet, chance = 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). <Max bonus: +150%>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target, they're not affected by attack bonuses from buffs, they shoot and reload -25% slower. <✖ VS>
- |E| Weak Point Spotter: Allows you to randomly ignore defenses and immunities on infected. <Chance: 3%> <Piercing immunities nullifies attack bonuses> <✖ VS>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- |V| Persistence: +50% defense gained if not incapacitated, x2 damage taken if you are. <Reduces your maximum defense by 10%> <Does not affect fall damage or true damage> <Incompatible with Tenacity buff> <✖ VS>
- Mindset Change: Allows you to be incapacitated an unlimited number of times. On each incap, max incap HP = 90% of previous value. Using a first aid kit restores it to full. <Incap max health won't go lower than 300> <✖ VS>
- |V| War Wounds: After reviving or being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,500HP> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Heals nearby survivors for +5HP + 0.3% Max HP per second, cures all bad status effects and gives moustachio bless for 2 seconds. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Hidden Strength: On finale/survival maps if 6 or less survivors are alive, you can access the !buy menu to become resurrected. You cannot resurrect if your body is destroyed or if you died over 3 minutes ago. You'll be revived with -75% reduced maximum HP and -30% decreased movement speed, which decay over 2 minutes. Additionally you'll gain 20 seconds of immunity to Special Infected pins. <Once per round> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_hiddenstr)
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Available in the !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Piercing immunities nullifies attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,500) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump in the air or double dash in any direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- |E| Fatal Guard: Prevents instant death while frozen. -50% less damage taken from Assassin class tanks + won't ignore incapacitation. <Does not prevent shattering on frozen death> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 15 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <Each other turret lowers damage by 5, 80 minimum> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds. When it blows, all infected in 350 units take 10,000 true damage. Survivors nearby take 15% max HP damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. Bomb fails if tank dies. Only 1 bomb attachable at a time. <Target must have 100k HP or more> <Uses on the same target lowers damage by 2.5K, 2.5K minimum> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
- |E| Charger Pet: Allows you to spawn a charger pet that has 1,000HP, deals 250HP damage to enemy infected and only one life. It can be recalled and respawned at will if the charger pet did not die. <Spawnable in the !buy menu> <If the pet is lost within 3 seconds, it can be respawned> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pet)
Tips for this tank: <top>
- You are on a race against time when the Sickening Tank spawns, you can DPS him down as usual. However you'll also need to help out the survivors when needed, by resurrecting any dead survivors and reviving any that have been incapacitated so they can gain some nice benefits. Making effective use of your buffs can help you towards killing the tank.
- If it looks like the survivors are all going to die, and you are dead, revive yourself with the |E| Hidden Strength Buff, use the |E| Non-Aggression Pact Buff, then go around and resurrect any dead survivors as necessary to continue the fight. If you are about to die next time, then consider using the |C| Discharger Buff on a large pile of dead bodies to give the survivors a fighting chance.