1. Sickening Tank Scenario returns! More info here.

Hardcore Custom COOP: Information and Downloads

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by marvel, Aug 16, 2015.

1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, went ahead and did a wiki update on Custom COOP. Changed around the map rotation and the detailed list of custom maps to currently reflect the map rotation atm.

All thanks to mute for the document on Custom COOP map rotations.
    https://pastebin.com/6sLbeXwK

2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

So this is a bit late, but between working on 1.7, and fixing it, I haven't had much time for anything else.

Regardless, I've finally fixed Indiana Adventure, The Hive and 2019 such that their finales now automatically change map upon completion.

I've kept the !votefmc command intact just in case something fails but for now every finale should now seamlessly travel to the next map.

timkit and Shaikh Nedab like this.
  3. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Junior Member

good job mute :).

4. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I do happen to have a suggestion for 1 custom campaign you could replace ihm2 with. Wanted to post it here seeing as it is an appropriate thread for discussion as a suggestion, rather than making up a new thread for this suggestion.

EDIT: I almost forgot I had written like an informative post on this earlier on 30th April of this year.
    Dam It: Buried by the Flood (there are two versions. you only need to pick one of them)
    link from gamemaps: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17533
    link from gamemaps: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/17579
    link to the website where it was first mentioned: https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/trss-lost-l4d-campaign/106720

It's a long lost campaign we all never got to see until November of last year. it came as a complete surprise and out of the blue to me when I actually heard about this. Might be worth giving a try, 3 maps. Nothing that seemed to cause crashes were noted from when i remember playing it. And there's nothing special in terms of any addons this map has to mention.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    jrng0403 and Atlas like this.
  5. Atlas

Atlas Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I discuss this with marvel later when i get home, i'm currently on education

6. Can custom coop maps be changed? Not one but a few.. Some maps do have a common layout that is becoming predictable and losing its appeal..

For me I have selected some maps that may be nice because of the easter eggs in them:

1: One 4 Nine
    • *Replace: I Hate Mountains 2
    • Link: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/2682
    • **If not wrong, this map was previously a custom map in MG
    • Survivors can drop into the abyss if they dont watch their step in the finale

2: Deathcraft II

3.Silent Hill: Otherside of Life

• *Replace: Urban Underground
    • Link: http://www.gamemaps.com/details/7592
    • Well-liked by many L4D2 players even outside MGFTW
    • Long map that becomes more enjoyable with MG buffs
    • Finale looks like some sci-fi, utopian place

4: Dark Wood:

Also can the Day Break map be updated from Steam workshop? The updated one has also some easter eggs perks for carrying the gnome around the map which can be fun to play with.

It is a long post, but thanks for the time reading it! :)

7. timkit

timkit MG Donor

That's up to marvel on whether or not the Custom Campaigns deserve to be changed up on Custom COOP.

I might as well give my opinions though, 1st, 3rd and 4th custom campaigns are fine, I wouldn't mind replacing them with those Custom Campaigns that you mentioned. However, you won't like why I would say the answer is no to the 2nd campaign.

Custom Campaigns with addons are more prone to crashing everyone from the server at once, which can also include CTD'ing them too. I wouldn't know though if he still thinks of Deathcraft II in the same way that he did back about 2 years ago. I'm not a fan of such campaigns which also cause it, so that's my reasoning for the answer being no.

With the Day Break Custom Campaign, sure, I think that should be possible for marvel/mute to do. As long as it doesn't get updated though.

Don't worry about your post, I don't think that it was meant to be long anyway :) We'll see what the others say though.

8. I'm okay with the Deathcraft II being not in favour. Seeing that, I have thought of other maps like "Farewell Chenming" and the other 2 "Questionable Ethics" addon maps if DC-II is not agreeable with

Just wait for any feedback. Till then, fingers crossed.. :)

9. Mute

Just a small update, I went ahead and enabled the !votefmc command to be usable on any map, so if you find yourself stuck, you can use the command to change to the next level in the campaign, or if it's the campaign's finale, the next campaign.

I also enabled said command on regular COOP too, should a similar situation arise.

marvel, Michaellone, timkit and 3 others like this.
  10. Mute

So after some requests, and for the sake of consistency, I've updated the following 3 campaigns with the versions found on the workshop. If you have older versions of these maps delete them. Click on their names to go to the workshop links:

Day Break

Diescraper Redux

The Hive (this one has 6 parts, make sure to get them all)

None of the other campaigns have had any updates recently so any existing map addons you have will still work.

I have also formed a Workshop Collection of all the maps, so anyone new to the custom server can download them all from the Workshop.

marvel, Atlas, raz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mute

So apparently the version of Dead Before Dawn that was on the server was super out of date, as the last updated 2013 version on the Workshop differs from it. As a result I updated the one on the server again. If you have the old version of Dead Before Dawn from our old map pack, update to the Workshop version here:

Dead Before Dawn (6 parts)

If other maps/campaigns have any issues do let me know.

Well this map is now crashing the server instantly at the start of Map 3, and since it's not a well liked map anyway, I decided to remove it from the rotation.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    raz likes this.
  12. Wes [™۞]

Wes [™۞] Member

Like Tim said, maybe we should incorporate Dam It to Custom COOP?

13. Jack Or Tyler

Jack Or Tyler New Member

If Dead Before Dawn is removed, can the One 4 Nine map be re-added into the custom-maps list rotation?

14. Jack Or Tyler

Jack Or Tyler New Member

Was thinking about Yama too as a map replacement. This map can be an interesting challenge too as some areas are pretty tight, resembling aspects of Japan.

15. Mute

Just a small update, in an attempt to circumvent some more client crashes, a select few maps will have drones hidden on them (they still function) and the Donor ability to change character via the !csm command will be disabled.

I'll be looking for new maps to put on the server once I am capable of doing so, as of right now my hard drive is having some serious issues and may be on the cusp of death.

Jack Or Tyler and Atlas like this.
  16. Wes [™۞]

Wes [™۞] Member

What drones are they? The Helping Drone or the Assassin Drone?