1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Hardcore Custom COOP: Information and Downloads

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Aug 16, 2015.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. erik

erik MG Donor

For those who do not know how, you download the zip file. You open/extract the actual map file INTO the last one here:

\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons

For some people it's in their C drive, but that's the basic path for all Steam installations. Again, extract the file INTO the addons folder. You can't have the game running while you do this or it won't work.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

sweet baby jaysus new maps zomgg

4. SViper

SViper Junior Member

What about adding I Hate Mountains? And would suggest Deathcraft 2 too, but this map sometimes brakes special infected and that's causing game unplayable.
    Is this server is permanent or just for sort time?

5. marvel

I will add more campaigns however I rather add new, maintained ones. Seems like a lot of older ones don't work as well with the current L4D2 version.

Idk if it's permanent, I will probably let it run but it usually needs an admin to be able to play and fix bugs, so for events it's nice.
    We will have more custom coop stuff coming up soon anyway. HC is working on a few things as well.

6. SViper

SViper Junior Member

I think I Hate Mountains works fine with current version of game and I will be waiting for more maps.:)

Would be nice if would be permanent, because I have a blast now. So good luck with this server.:)

7. Good luck with the server marvel, was playing on it yesterday and had a blast! :D
    I have however experienced alot more crashes in suicide blitz 2 than with Dead Before Dawn Directors Cut.
    Would be nice to have more custom campaigns :) would be cool if we could play the custom campaign Wan Li :)

8. marvel

Yes I had a blast myself, it's great to finally play some other maps. Anyway it's still all experimental now so right now I just want to get things stable and have a good set of the most popular maps in rotation. I will add map requests by players later on in time :)

Thanks for the feedback.

9. marvel

First post updated guys make sure to re-download!!

10. FaRCrY

FaRCrY MG Donor

New maps yeah!! thank you :p

11. thanks for the new update marvel :)

12. SViper

SViper Junior Member

Cool, so you fix Deathcraft 2?
    Would you be able to fix Suicide Blitz 2 later?

13. marvel

Yes I'll try to fix DC today, I'm not sure about SB2 that CTD seems to be the map itself it's hard to work around it. I can skip the 4th map but that kinda ruins the entire campaign.

14. marvel

Oh I will also add a little less Jimmy Gibbs ;)

15. marvel

Well, Deathcraft worked but it insta CTD'd after the first few minecraft zombies made their entrance so I had to remove it. I didn't care much though because they changed the survivor and zombie models in that map as well and that just didn't do it for me. They should let people decide if they want to install a mod locally to change the models if they want to.

I added a few others though see the first post for updates and please download the updates.

16. Kaji

Kaji Junior Member

The add-ons are pretty fun, thanks man.
    Also I just like to point out that the second map of "I Hate Mountains" keeps crashing (August 19 version). The first map on the campaign seems to work just fine. However, once the second one loads up, it crashes everyone to desktop. It has happened 3 times in a row now, people gave up and left because there's no way to load another map. Pretty sure you're probably very busy, but just letting you know.

17. marvel

Yes I've noticed in fact I was playing when it happened. It dropped everyone from the server including me. I will remove maps that do that from now on and add others in return. We have a few great campaigns already that are mostly bug free like Dead Echo 2 and Death Aboard 2. All we need to do is add finale timers to those campaigns so the rescue vehicle shows up and they actually end. However we need to test all campaigns thoroughly and must make sure they work 100% with our PR mod before we invest time and effort in them. That will take some time.

As for I hate mountains, I hate Suicide Blitz 2 CTD but I don't care much about IHM. I don't know what you and others think about it but I don't think it's a very good campaign anyway.

Anyway it's gone from rotation now.

18. i don't really like IHM Campaign one of my Worst campaigns but i'm playing it for Leveling it's good you created custom coop very good to much exp with other players in same clan i'm pretty sure you do your work good on it great job ;)

19. marvel

Added 3 new campaigns, make sure to re-download! All mirrors have been updated.

Also I can't stress enough to remove any VPKs not in use. I.e. there are known examples where ppl will CTD because of the IHM campaign just being there in their addons folder so if you don't use it delete it to avoid issues! Especially stuff that screws around with tank and survivor models etc can be really unstable.

One other thing, custom coop requires a lot of admin intervention especially right now when testing. I can't be around all the time to fix issues so if you are a regular here and you play custom coop regularly let me know if you want to be admin on the custom coop server basically just doing stuff like changing maps to the next campaign, teleport glitching players etc. so let me know if you wanna help out!

This is in no way official adminship but just to give coop a boost and make it playable when I'm not around. Let me know if you're interested but if you almost don't play custom coop please don't bother :) I've played a lot and I always see the same names on the server those are the ppl I'm looking for.

That's about it, unfortunately I can't play at all today or tonight :( but I will be there all day tomorrow.

20. marvel