1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Future of TrueSkill + PR/VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by szSteam_76561198051919925, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

So did ur TS go up by some margin for killing a person with a high TS?

2. Pessego

Pessego Guest

I was already at 50.

3. Not anymore-- TS database reset again. This time, hopefully people won't go negative in skill.

Plus, MJ is gonna kick my ass when I release TS to PR. I have to make sure I prepare for that.

EDIT: sorry about the slaying when there were 3 people on the server left. I told you guys beforehand that I would do it when there were < 4 people on the server, and when enough people left, I decided to see why mu wasn't changing and everyone was stuck at TS 1 after clearing our the TS db. Works now with no noticeable bugs, and it's much harder to gain/lose skill now.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I do not have access to this command. :(

5. MissMaryJane

MissMaryJane Banned

so when is this true skill going to be ready? because truthfully im sicka waiting for it....

6. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Weren't you the one totally against it? Now that you realized you would dominate in a game ranked with TrueSkill, all of a sudden you want it really bad? :) It won't be ready this weekend. There are a lot of changes in my code when I copy it over to PR, so it'll take a while.

For one thing, the PRev engine was dynamic (it used a pipeline structure). It also had a separate extension to keep track of player changes through that pipeline. For example, I could just do PRev_Native_Pipeline(*m_Client, SEND_POINTS, 15.0f) and it would take effect through all the plugins that PRev was separated in. I can't do that in PR because there's no pipeline system, so I have to manually edit and import every line of code and make changes. It'll take a while.

7. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

First of all I would like to give Luke a big high five for his hard work on the TrueSkill Project. It has been interesting so far and for a short time increased VI gameplay. Unfortunately Luke does not appear to have any help getting the bugs out and the only time it seems to work is when he is in game. The exception was today when I went up one level to 7. It has been proven that this can boost VI attendance but the bugs and resetting set the newcomers packing back to PR. Lets give some more time for Luke to iron out the wrinkles and for anyone with the know how to help him. Once this is done we can spread the word to PR that it is important to come back for the goodies we promised. It was great having the PR players, they shattered my preconception of them, they were all very good players with manners and respect and there wasn't any bickering and whining. To be honest I don't care if they can acheive god mode in PR for playing in VI just as long as it is only temporary and they have to come back to get it again.

8. Miracle470

Miracle470 Member

luke since u are about to turn l4d2 into cod mw add infinite ammo as a kills stack reward (allowed us to active infinite ammo for 60/120 sec :P ll be cool :D

9. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

I believe TS might be responsible for some truly gruesome scrambles as of late. Basically instead of mixing teams, it just swaps survivors to infected and infected to survivors.
    And I think my leet skills are FINALLY paying off around here, just ask my trueskill(= fail imo) which is still as it ALWAYS has been,,,,1 lol :p . Oh and Luke, try an have SOME honor out there an stay on your original team, K *I have your back* :P

10. It doesn't balance teams :) And it will not calculate if the min player requirement is not met. Ask an admin to remove the requirement limit if one is on.

I saw Bonekeep at a 50. (For some reason I'm not surprised lol.) It should be working fine.

11. rickhunter

rickhunter Guest

That's total BS. you can tell player what they should like or dislike.

12. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.