1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

For Questions about Rules, Post HERE!

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by Mr Zombie, Apr 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Hey,
    Here is a list of admin.

Root
    - Marvel
    - |MG| Honorcode
    - ? L

2. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

What you wrote is fine but I don't think the admin action is appropriate. Anyone that blocks with an object knows that it's shitty thing to do and no warning should be necessary. I think it should be an automatic ban of at least 30 min to send a very strong message to the offender and to other players that MG servers do not tolerate such behavior. I would rewrite the last part to:

Admin should: Ban player purposely using in-game objects to block pathway a minimum of 30 min (admin discretion, no warning needed) and warn all players in game that retaliatory blocking will earn offending player(s) an even longer ban.

My $0.02

3. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I thought they fixed the sewer ladder bug, I have not seen that in a long time and it used to happen every time. I don't think warning is an absolute requirement but I usually do. However not everyone speaks english so I prefer to start out with a short ban which seems to be more effective than a verbal or written warning. Of course that is for a minor offense like mic spam when I tell the little kid to shut up several times. However when I observe someone with flagrant disregard for the rules or team perseverance I see red and he needs a spanking.

BTW I would like to nominate Bonekeep and MadBalls for temp admin positions. :)

4. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Uhhh, what?

5. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Bonekeep is already admin lol.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Brainfart, I meant Youngblood.

7. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Lol... I figured, just wasn't sure what direction you brainfarted :P

I would definitely back Youngblood and Madballs for trial admins.

8. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Coming from two respectable admins I think they would be reliable enough. You have to make them participate in the forum more; maybe you can help them get involved in some discussion (such as the new poll event :P ).

9. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Heh, I'll get them there... :D

10. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Foreign languages discuss

I was playing on USA or LA Coop today, don't remember which one exactly, but, I was helping a friend of mine who's brazilian like me, and his english is not good, so I'm was explaining some stuffs on !cp for him in portuguese, and then AirBourne (something like that) told me that according to the rules, I should be in silence on that case.
    Since Brasil servers are off for 3 weeks I guess, brazilians players moved to americans or europeans servers.
    So, what should I do?
    Was my behaviour really against the rules?

11. AirBorn

AirBorn Guest

As stated in the Rules section
    "
    Foreign languages. We can debate long if we should allow typing or talking foreign languages, but there
    always seem to be a certain gray zone where some people find it annoying and others don't so English is
    the only language allowed on our servers, forum and steam-group."

Those are the rules. If admin do not know the rules then... I am not sure if they really should be.

12. Nova

Nova Senior Member

The question belongs here, threads merged.

Although English is the official language allowed on MG, there's no harm in helping people if they get lost and don't speak English.

If it was really annoying, then you guys can tell Hazemberg to simmer down, as he is an admin, he will understand. In the meantime, it is greatly appreciated to stick to English only.

13. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

We were talking about Stats lost, Supreme Lottery and Heat Missile, there was not a 'just a funny conversation between friends'.

And as the rules says, we can debate about it, is not forbidden in all kind of ocasions.

I realize that english is the official language on MG servers, but if he could speak english decently, I would have this conversation only in english.

14. Bibo1

Bibo1 Guest

Just saw this, so here's my 2cents:
    The rules on foreign languages need to be updated.

"Foreign languages.
    We can debate long if we should allow typing or talking foreign languages, but there always seem to be a certain gray zone where some people find it annoying and others don't so English is the only language allowed on our servers, forum and steam-group.

We understand that not everybody speaks English so you usually won't get kicked for it when you keep low profile but admins decide when it gets to a point where people could be bothered with it which will usually lead to a kick and a short term ban."

If English is the only language allowed, then why have we got a foreign language section?
    I can understand people being annoyed after hearing half an hour of a foreign language over the mic, but seriously?
    Not everybody can speak or write in english. If using a different language helps solves any problems faster, then go ahead.
    If this rule was to be enforced, then we might as well shut down the EU L4D1 server.

Oh, and Airborn, that last remark was totally uncalled for.

15. lvlrangel

lvlrangel Member

Agreed oh and by the way, admins should be objective when dealing with someone complaining about foreign people treatment (like i did and got 1 wk ban). I'm just writing this to avoid future similar problems because i didn't even was the offender (i.e. the one writing foreign languages) and got handled by admin personal hatred.

The matter was already taken care off but i just cannot understand how mg allows this type of actions towards its players.

16. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

• Rage Team-Switching.
    Excessive team-switching, which means you keep trying to switch teams even though the server is full and a switch is not possible. We've seen people even trying to reconnect to join the other team (usually the infected team). This will get you banned for a short period of time.

17. lvlrangel

lvlrangel Member

Yes, this happens all the time and i am known as a "stupid" person for votekicking people who constantly switches to infected team claiming its "hard" or "cant play survivor with this ping" and such. In several times people just press F2 and i get a votekick back as result...

Besides the hate i know im targeted of, this is a common practice to all who tries to votekick someone. I would suggest something like, an algorithm that if the numeric value of players in each team is greater or equal than 2, the player willing to enter a team would have to join team with less players.. A bit alike to the algorithm used when people join server but yeah, i know its easy to talk and hard to do..

Other issue i've seen lately it's people using team switch to make survivors get TK and be like, 88 hp. I have recorded people doing this switches constantly to make survivors get hurt; This is kinda efficient when survivors don't start to move but it's being exploited.

Nothing more to add,
    Regards,

lvlrangel

18. Arkadian

Arkadian Junior Member

Hi guys, I had a questions about team switching. So playing on the EU points Vs server, theres 10 of us, and the Player "KML" keeps switching every round to the infected team, just so that he can become a spitter and farm the most xp off everyone on the survivors team. Is this actualy allowed when theres only 10 people on?

I always think, "pick a team and stick with it!" at the end theres always auto scramble, so its pointless to switch.

Thanks,
    Arkadian

19. Nova

Nova Senior Member

It's not allowed.
    You can submit a ban about this if you get a demo and/or screenshots

20. Arkadian

Arkadian Junior Member

Yes, I would like to submit a ban. Ill try and upload some screenshots, he has one crazy high score for a spitter and one where he's just lying down? i have no idea if this is normal but i dont think ive seen it before :S

plus here is a log of he's recent activity, it clearly shows he's been changing to infected and just picking boomers and spitters:

http://stats.marvelous-gaming.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=128042

Thanks for the fast reply Nova!