1. Click here to join our community discord server.

For Questions about Rules, Post HERE!

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by Mr Zombie, Apr 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Wow, a discussion about this (in MG)? I personally don't take offense when people spray a pair of tits, but do when I see something gay. It's just the way the world is. When you see people react to gay pics, it's only natural, as genetically we are designed to have sex with the opposite gender.

I don't want to delve too deep into this subject, but I go to med school and we learn about this stuff. We as humans should only have sex with the opposite gender. Seriously. There are diseases and problems associated with gays and heterosexuals that I don't want to get into, but that's beside the point.

The point is, put yourself into other's shoes (the majority) and try to feel what they feel. Like many, I would rather stare at some boobs than look at men kissing (almost kissing? same thing to me).

Don't take offense into what I say :) It's just my opinion.

L1te

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, that's a little bit too conservative in my mind but you're right to be surprised about this discussion.

For us it's just common sense, if a spray has a reasonable chance of creating aggression among the other players we take action according to the rules. The rules are there to keep peace on the servers, it has nothing to do with admins being biased or us being homophobic. Any spray that could cause aggression qualifies.

3. SKINHEAD

SKINHEAD MG Donor

What about just make a rule about no sexualty as many other games do.

Then we wouldnt have that discussion

4. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

I personally remove all tits and cocks, regardless of how many of each are on show. It just isn't the place for any of that nonsense, straight or gay. I know it'll happen, but a quick remove and warn is all it takes. And seriously dude, don't try and make out you're a second class citizen here. Bad mouthing us in the chat window is not smart.

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

It is absolutely amazing how many LGBT players we have who don't post questionable sprays.

6. Mr T

Mr T Member

Gay sprays aside, I asked a legitimate question and have yet to receive any answer...

7. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Ok, a few thinks to respond to -

I assume you mean his profile picture.
    Well we have no control over the profile picture, if he uses it as a Spray then that will be a different matter.

Another question on team killing.
    The rules specify on my team including myself, does that also apply to only myself ?
    When I want to go a bit crazy, I jump on a car and shoot the crap out of it so it explodes, while I'm on it.
    I try when nobody's around since I've already been killed by @!#!@s that destroy cars with grenade
    launchers, but technically I can down myself doing so

Just downed at the worst on my own, the reason I die is when I'm on low HP and this person trying to
    get Car Burglar (award) or thinks he's funny blows the cars NEXT to me, and yes that does piss me off,
    because the guy is carelessly killing his team mates, whereas if I'm on my own, I'm pretty much full HP
    and have enough bounty to fool around with medkits after...

:/. It's fun, when you're nuts like me [/QUOTE]

1)
    Blowing your self up is not really acceptable because if you don't die and only incap your self is when there
    is a problem because when there are bots in the game it will often cause them to teleport back to help you
    when they could be saving some one that wants to live or supporting the players at the back that are struggling
    to rejoin the main group and if you do die then as I see it you are depriving your team of another gun that
    may make the difference in completing the campaign, but more to the point why are you SO Far ahead of
    the rest of your team and alone?

This! Is also a very good reason not to TK your self as it may get you !VoteKicked by you Team! and IMHO
    rightly so.

I would suggest that if you don't mind risking your life then how about going back and helping the guys
    that need help and at least let your possible death do some good instead of possible causing more deaths
    by pulling away the support and extra guns the bots provide by making them teleport to you because you
    have incaped your self.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Mr T
    This question is in the wrong section, If you go to the Generic Server Problem Section and start
    your own post you will get a better response :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3)
    Well after reading this thread if is obvious to me that rules need to be added about this so there is no
    confusion over what is acceptable and what is not, I will be adding to the rules in a few days.

8. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Well said :)

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Eh, we do have control over profile pictures. I saw a guy have a swastika as a profile picture. I told him to remove it and gave him a ban. I think inappropriate avatars/profile pics should be added to the rules.

This
    ..is just plain funny - why didn't I think of that? If someone does take offence I'm sure they'd protest. Then it is our concern :)

10. Vulcan

Marvelous Gaming regulars are a whole new breed of player. Most of us take the game very seriously and are actually trying to win. Intentionally goofing off and blowing stuff up without the express purpose of helping the team can only be viewed as team killing which is treason punishable by walking the plank. I can deal with having a bad player on the team who is trying but just sucks. Having a capable player who just wants to dick around and get his thrills because he views himself as "crazy" rubs me the wrong way and I do not want a player with that attitude on my team or even the other team. Just join a regular 4v4 game where people are using aimbot, wallhacks, multi-hacks and greifing, or come play on Marvelous Gaming and be part of your team. Yes if you want to be a suicidal maniac (if you are not a main) by all means go help that noob in the back getting eatin alive. It takes a lot of work to develop a good reputation as a valued team player and easy to destroy and soon both teams will be vote-kicking you on sight. "oh, there's that guy who doesn't want to win, better boot him quick." ( F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 F1 ) Poof he is gone.

11. Nova

Nova Senior Member

EDIT: nevermind, it was just a question, and I don't see what reputation has got to do with anything

12. Vulcan

No problem, glad to have you in the community and on my team anytime.

13. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Looking forward to it :)

14. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Done. Added to "Minor Offenses."

Can you post a pic of this?

15. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

A quick question...

Hi there,

I had a question: do admins have to have one name that they keep the whole time?

Before yesterday, I haden't read the rules, assuming that they were just the general rules that every server has. I really liked this server and for this, I had put the |MG| in front of my name, thinking that when people had it, they just played a lot. I had yet made the connection that only the admins have that. So I was playing and some random person asked me to change it because it confuses people. I would have done it without question had an admin asked me to do it, so I checked the Steam list of admins and didnt see his/her name on it. I assumed it was just someone who was having a bad say or something. It turns out later that the person WAS an admin, but their name was not on the steam admin list. So first off, do admins have one specific name they need to stick to? And two, is their an updated list of all the admins so I don't run into a problem with admins again?

Also, I was planning on changing the name by removing the |MG|, however, the admin decided to take the responsibility and change it for me, takeing it off and adding a ":)" at the end of my name. Is that against the rules? Changing someones name without asking them, just changing it out of nowhere? It is very hard to be in the middle of a level and be changing your name. By the time I would have changed it I would have been dead. And at least if they are going to change it, can they not add stuff that they think might be funny, like the ":)" at the end.

Thanks for listening to my rant and if you can, please answer the questions.

Thanks

16. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Admins dont have to have the |MG| tag meaning they can go 'undercover'. Most admins leave the tag on to show that they are an admin. We can change our names but it makes our job harder too because we don't know who's admin ourselves.

We can change names as we see fit. The admin was probably just showing that he cared (awww...) by putting a ":)" on the end.

17. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Okay, thanks :)

But how are we supposed to tell the difference between an admin and some non-admin trying to threaten us?

18. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Admins are not required to wear the MG tag. Some do and some don't. Why we do this is as Legend said--to go undercover. We will update the list of admins later, once the applications are closed.

19. Nova

Nova Senior Member

A complete list of active admins, their "zones" (EU, US, HK, AU) and the game they play (L4D1/2) would be nice indeed. Perhaps their language too.
    I see some admins on the steam group that I've never seen before, here on in-game, so I'm guessing they're inactive or just don't come around here.

Just so we know:
    Who we're susceptible to bump into on the different servers
    Who we can contact at a certain time of the day (5 AM in the EU, bet all EU admins are asleep but fair chance to get a US one)

Like marvel said... MG is for everyone, so non-english speakers included... hence the language hint :)

20. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, i agree.. we should put everyone's language skills after their name in steamgroup page.