1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Coop Changes

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by HonorCode, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love the new update, but that reserve ammo / reload gun issue really annoys me. I lost my fun in playing in the last days because I almost had to buy a new gun every time I reloaded :|

Hope you can figure out a solution for that fast :)

2. erik

erik MG Donor

I'm not a fan of the reload time for the Veteran Pistol myself, but I can still use them for the most part as a primary weapon.

On a more positive note, the Reputation System on PRCOOP (!rep,) is a RAGING success; people like it and enjoy the challenge. They seem to stick around longer, too, not just leave when a new cmapaign like hard rain comes up.

I've noticed some important thigns;

1.) If you startle a witch and it incaps others, it'll mess up your reputation

2.) Don't rush or you will get "team destroyer" rep and have no ability to !buy

(Request: Can we have this instituted in PRVS lol too many rushers)

EDIT: Omega from Rising Dead Guild knows this inside-out; so does Burial_Ground; the two of them helped me w/ some good tips and I reached Team Pillar today.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Sometimes people will bitch and say "DONT PICK ME UP, I"M POISONED!"

Honestly, you can remind them we don't have time to honor their personal revive preferences. (It takes the cooperative play out of COOP, too, in a way.)

I have a good justification for picking up someone poisoned;
    - adds bounty
    - helps reputation!

Honestly, if you let their health degrade by leaving them on the ground... they COULD die faster... and if there's molotov fire around, they will easily die.

They may not like being poisoned, but it's a gaming preference / strategy.

4. Smooth4now

Smooth4now Junior Member

lol that hardly seems fair considering most of the time it says the mains startled the witch even if they didn't.

5. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

That was fixed a while ago :)

6. erik

erik MG Donor

benefits

Smooth,

You can solo a witch w/ relative ease or lead the team in killing it quickly if you aspire to Team Pillar rep.

Problem solved,

7. zipper17

zipper17 Senior Member

pr asia coop is so boring (at least for me)

tank is always normal tank, or paranoia all was seems to easy
    where are the knight/shaman? please bring back shaman/knight to pr asia,

=================================

also bring back to pr server, the baby-mini tank, :7
    sumtime melee the tank is veryfun to do, :7
    just disable the multi toaster for mini tank to prevent farming :7
    just add the common toaster in it :7
    i do it for fun, more eager to play...if u know what i mean :)

shooting all tanks is meh boring, to much limit, slow paced :P

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Knights/Shamans don't spawn if there are too few players/low average levels. To have a chance of regularly getting shamans/knights you really need a high number of players all over 100-150. Otherwise you'll just get clobbered anyway.

That being said, I haven't fought a Shaman/Knight since HD anyway.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

The surplus of special tanks like the knight and shaman was a source of farming, major farming.

Also, it totally took any mystique out of the game. As of now, if you see one, it's exciting, like it used to be. They just became too common, and the payout was too much... once things are more regular & stable, as-in, we work out some bugs, and what-not, I'm sure you'll see the specials show up here & there. :-X

10. Adward

Cheers man! Certainly wouldn't mind facing off against a Shaman again sometime. Really one of the more nerve-wracking things on MG.

So is there any info you can hand out on spawn rates? :P

11. erik

erik MG Donor

[​IMG]

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Today was a very productive day. HonorCode personally made many changes which have been bugging the gamers for a while.

In brief summary,
    - fixed smoker stuck bug for PR-COOP
    - fixed (finale-related) issue where tanks instantly die in PR-COOP
    - tested and introduced new game mode idea for PR-COOP finales (Steam Group Announcement)
    - provided fix for PR-COOP finales where gamers would farm tanks for rewards
    - fixed: pipe bombs in PR-COOP finale maps would last forever without exploding (farming/stat exploit)
    - fixed: !tankhp command always reads 65,000 for knight tank in PR-COOP
    - re-introduced Assassin Tank for PR-COOP
    - fixed tank/timer-related issue on the sacrifice finale in PR-COOP
    - introduced chat box notifications of incaps. if a gamer is trolling or purposely igniting gas cans in finales, this is where we now see who is causing it to happen.
    - "invisible buff" for level 215 gamers in !cp has been removed.

Immediate future:
    - PR-COOP unique, seasonal event (to be announced)
    - small PR-VS contest

Again, please thank the HonorCode when you see him. This was hours on-end worth of work to accomplish.

13. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Thanks a lot for the update, and yay for Assassin tank, missed him for owning the farmers :D

Many thanks for the hard work HonorCode.

14. Adward

Great stuff!

The main ones that stand out for me are fixing the pipe bombs in finales (MASSIVE stat exploit, extremely annoying), the !tankhp for Knights (long term bug which confused new gamers), reintroducing the assassin lowers farming.

Also, the two events.... I'm stoked to hear of this. :D

15. erik

erik MG Donor

lol yeah you know how I am about farming... it was an important one I wanted to get out of the way

HonorCode was cranking out solutions left & right

16. Jura

Jura Member

lol I thought the pipe bomb thing was a buff or something as it never happenned to me...

Anyway thanks for the update, especially the smoker one...it was pretty annoying :)

17. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

Are these changes active now for both EU and CA?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Just wondering, but it is going to be changed back where the round ends when all survivors are dead as opposed to all survivors being incapacitated?

Also, many thanks for the quick fixes, everyone appreciates them!

19. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Wondering about the same as Mute, but let's get to the point.

First of all, huge thanks to HC for this marvelous update. Played a lot today and enjoyed it.
    Thought I'd take the liberty to be the first one to report some bugs I've noticed myself, or heard from other players. Note, only talking about coop.

- Reviving someone with pills doesn't work correctly (not sure because I didn't try it myself)
    - The finales don't have a timer after the rescue arrives (i.e. the time until SI will be immune).
    - Sometimes, when you defib a dead player, someone who is already alive is also defibbed at the same. Not sure if it's related to PR, or to the game overall

Will add more to this list whenever I hear/notice new bugs.

20. Xcrankyx

Xcrankyx Junior Member

Just wanna add one thing:
    -when all players are incapped game thinks we lost and starts map anew.. pretty annoying while having good tanks..

-c4nky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.