1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Coop Changes

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by HonorCode, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

As the new configuration file has won, i'll describe all the changes that have been applied to coop servers:

-Difficulty will change based on the amount of players that are connected to the server and limited by the average player level.

-Special infected strenght will change based on the average player level.

-On scavenge finales: Gas can limit will be automatically adjusted based on the current difficulty. Gas cans will be destroyed after 1 minute of inactivity to prevent people of holding finale stages. Gas cans can be destroyed by spit.

-New special tanks have been added. There's no information about these tanks.

-Special tanks will now take normal damage from weapons. In exchange, their health has been increased.

-Rewards have been increased for Paranoia tanks (and the new special tanks).

-Iron Skin upgrade will be able to block friendly fire, excepting for fire, blast and preassure damage.

-The timer will continue to run on finales even when there are tanks around.

-The AWP and SCOUT sniper rifles have been modified to deal considerable damage, in exchange of a slow reload speed and small clip size.

-The damage of each weapon is visible on the !buy menu when purchasing.

-Changed how the poison works: A poisoned player will be constantly taking damage and healing will only give 10HP + 45 temp health. Reviving a poisoned player will also take longer. Poison will last 20 seconds.

That's pretty much it. Hope these changes are for good :)

2. I voted for the new config, but this config is totally different from
    the "new" config from the poll topic, or the one that was active for the last couple of weeks.

One of the most important changes is the tank, and i dont see that in this list.
    Players can't slash the tanks in a few seconds anymore, melee dmg is lowered to 100 hp or something.
    For now this seems ok most players can handle this.

Second, ammo clip size is changed, 60% less ammo?
    Also i noticed fire bullets dont kill si anymore, for instance the spitter is immune to this.
    I like the awp and scout dmg, reload could be a bit faster though.

Honorcode, can you give some more specific info about tank melee dmg hp, clip size, fire bullets/general fire dmg done to si.
    Also i'd like to know more about the automatic difficulty changing system,
    and how this affects si strength compared to the ammount of players and their levels.
    Maybe a small description from all the difficulty levels.

found some small bugs ;

- issues with cars that bounce around and incap players,
    and other problems with players that bounce from cars and other objects.
    (more than before the changes)

- when incapped sometimes my magnum doesnt work, and i get a pistol
    even when im not posioned.

- hunter sometimes does not inflict dmg when he's clawing a survivor after jump

- after i got posioned by a witch someone helped me up, after that i had 1 hp left
    i did a full heal (not with kit) and i got 1200 hp

- boomer once in a while slaps a survivor, even when he is not close enough.

3. Badger

Badger Guest

I'm noticing some weird bugs related to the magazine size, both the active magazine, and the reserve ammo. Sometimes I'll have 250 bullets in the active magazine, but after firing these, the gun will keep resetting to a smaller amount, such as 32 for an SG552, which should be at least 50. It seems like there is some sort of bullet counter that is not being reset after reloads or acquiring new weapons.

I've also been noticing the regular pistol, instead of magnum, bug mentioned above.

Overall the changes are nice, turning the game from a molotov spam, slice-the-regular-tank-to-death battle into a more challenging game that allows lower-leveled players to participate.

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Nice! Some unexpected changes but sounds awesome!

I must test this out :D

(Do we even have spawn points for awp and scout rifles?).

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

You have to buy them with Bounty at the moment and they do in the range of ~650 and ~850 dmg.

6. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Woo! Lots of new changes, how exciting. Can't wait to check it out, specially these mysterious new special tanks ...

7. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

yay! My beloved AWP is actually a viable weapon now! Admittedly that never stopped me using it before ;)

8. Cunner

Cunner MG Donor

i also noticed the boomer will slap you when they are not close to you, at all, like they are far from u, lol!
    I like the changes, keeping it interesting :pop2:

thanks,

9. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

Bouncing cars omg. Really kewl :D

10. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Are these changes active on Asia server too? :P

11. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Could the Para be a bit stronger ? No one is scared of him anymore :(

12. cry

cry MG Donor

COOP EU is good as it is now! I still need some time to get used to the new tanks but I certainly like it. Good job honorcode ;)

13. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

I suggest witches to instantly incapacitate or kill a survivor in one hit.

14. Insomniac

Insomniac Junior Member

Awaiting the arrival of these changes to Asia Coop.

Also, my opinion is that the ranged Boomer bitch slap + the virtual smoker invincibility when he's not smoking someone is OP, especially since his tongue range and speed is already imbalanced enough. Otherwise, very pleased with thew new update.

15. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

The already have these abilities,you damn noob:smiley-sex020:

16. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

I played Expert last night, witch did only 100 damage.

17. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Witch instakills are not 100% of the time, but I'm sure I was killed by one after the update.

18. erik

erik MG Donor

FYI something's going on with the PR-CO server on c2m5; 25 tanks appear in the finale sequence, each with 65k HP.

19. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Don't be a sissy and fight them!! Sounds like awesome fun.

20. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

25 Tanks= min. 25 Multis = min 250 Toaster in 1 Finale...... |:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.