Buff Idea: Aqua Jar Buff + Buff Enhancement (POLL)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Dec 31, 2018.

?

About the Aqua Jar Buff + Enhanced Water Buff Enhancement...

1. Hell Yeah! It would give us a new strat to work with for the Supreme Infernal Tank :D

80.0%
  2. No. I don't think we need any buffs to take out fire shields

20.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My Response is in the forum post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

The POLL Question is: About the Aqua Jar Buff + Enhanced Water Buff Enhancement... would it be a good idea to implement it into mgftw for a future update?

Anyone remember my buff idea from December 27th last year?

I decided to go ahead and revive it since slush wanted me to put this idea forward more...

So here is how the buff is going to look... I also decided to add in a buff enhancement for it.

Aqua Jar Buff

Description: Exchanges your Vomit Jars for Aqua Jars. When thrown it will temporarily disable fire shields that are active on tanks for 5 seconds. Additionally you'll place down a water puddle on impact, slowing infected movement speed by 0.5% each second. The water puddle stays around for 10 seconds.
    <Tanks cannot be affected again for 60 seconds by both effects>
    <Hold R with Vomit Jar in hand for cooldown time>
    <Incompatible with other buffs that change jar contents>
    <✖ VS>

Enhanced Water Buff Enhancement

Description: Buff Enhancement for Aqua Jar Buff. Against tanks that have fire abilities, all survivors deal 10% more damage to them for 10 seconds, Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Alright, so the Aqua Jar works in a way that if you don't have any water around for the Infernal Tank or Supreme Infernal Tank, you can temporarily disable their fire shields for 5 seconds, with a cooldown of 60 seconds. This makes it slightly easier to dps them for a short amount of time, similar to the Corrosive Vomit Jar Buff. The slow is in also in there to give survivors a little bit more survival time (but not much) in case they needed to get away from the tank (had the tank not used any certain abilities the survivors needed to avoid). Since the Freezing Grenade Buff is the only buff so far that can slow down the infected by a lot.

In other words, this is more of a supporting buff that gives minor help against the tanks in case they are going to cause trouble to the survivors.

I'll add more information to these two ideas at a later date, this is it for now. let me know what you think about it by leaving your replies below. Don't forget to vote in the poll above as well!

Here's what some people have said about this idea...

[7:57 PM]
    Shoora:
    it's a good idea

EDIT: Rebalanced it.

EDIT 2: Updated it again after giving it a better thought...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Gemini and Kael like this.
  2. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

Some questions,
    1)How long does the water puddle last?
    2)Does it slow the same from common infected all the way to tanks?
    3)If multiple players has this, is it possible to cover an entire battle field with this liquid (for example MS sceno), resulting in the tank having perma -25% movement speed slow.
    4)It might be broken in Helms Deep.

Gemini likes this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

To be honest about these questions

1. The duration of the water puddle was 15 seconds (probably too long) but it was that at the time of my thoughts.

2. I didn't really put in much thought to it, so yeah the slow does originally.

3. the radius of the puddle is the same as the bile effect radius.

4. with the original effects, it probably would have been broken in HD anyway.

Gemini likes this.