Heartbroken Tank (HS) (MGS)
Heartbroken Tank (Heartbroken Scenario) (MGS V2.1.13)
Back to Marvelous Gaming Scenario Page
Back to Heartbroken Scenario Page
5. Heartbroken Tank
Emily went to find her husband and got infected. Due to a high amount of resistance drugs and buffs, she became a powerful tank that will do everything to keep the cupid tank alive.
Punch Damage: 200 HP
Hit Delay: 0.75
Blocks: Fire and Melee
- (Passive) Fury: The tank accumulates 4 stacks of fury each 2 seconds and each time it hits a survivor. At 100 stacks the tank makes a lethal ability.
- (Passive) Defense Corrosion: Each tank hit reduces the defenses of the survivors by 10%.
- (Passive) Hard skin: Bullets that reach the tank will be reflected to random directions after damaging it. Bullets that reach survivors will do 1% (Min: 5 HP) max health as damage.
- (Passive) Boiling Fury: The tank deals 0.2% of a target's max health as bonus damage per fury stack and gains 1% damage reduction multiplied by the amount of fury stacks.
- (Passive) Hard concussion: Cars thrown by the tank will instantly kill survivors.
- (Passive) Overwhelming Pain: If damage from the tank would incapacitate, the overflow damage will be taken away from the survivor's incap health.
- (Active - Fury) Hyper Explosion: The tank sucks the air around it pushing survivors towards itself. After 4 seconds, an explosion occurs dealing 0% - 50% survivor's maximum health as damage depending on distance.
- (Active - Fury) Nemesis: The tank becomes invisible and inaudible, and survivors become confused. If a survivor is hit by the tank, it instantly dies and all other survivors receive all of their missing health as damage. The nemesis effect lasts 20 seconds or until the tank hits someone.
- (Active - Fury) Fury explosion: The tank gains +1.0 speed, its hit interval becomes 0.25 and it deals 50% extra damage for 30 seconds.
- (Active - Fury) Deflection Stance: Damage to the tank will be ignored and reflected to the dealer. Additionally, reflected bullets from Hard Skin passive will be thrown directly to the attackers.
- (Active - Fury) Bullet Release: The tank throws all the bullets stuck in its body causing 10% maximum health damage per second to survivors in sight of the tank. Effect lasts 4 seconds.
- (Passive) Desperation: When the tank receives lethal damage it will become desperated and gain additional movement speed and insane damage. It will also generate fury twice as fast and only make damage lethal abilities.
The Heartbroken Tank is a scenario tank that was first introduced back in mgftw in February 2016 with the Valentine Event. Since the Clan Fortress update in June 2018, the Heartbroken Scenario was able to be hosted more often.
Recommended Buff Set
- (SURV) Knife
- (SURV) Goggles / |E| Dying Berserk+*
- (SURV) Deflection Suit / Health Dispenser*
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag
- (SURV) Avenger
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) |V| Enraging Waves+ / |E| Cupid's Arrow*
- (SURV) |E| Non-Aggression Pact
- (SURV) |E| Sacrifice
- (SURV) |V| Flamethrower / Ranged Expert+*
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+ / |E| Courage*
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) |C| Discharger
- (SURV) |V| Assassin Drone+ / |E| Charger Pet*
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Out With A Bang: Upon death, you will deal 1,500 explosive damage to all nearby infected. Each activation of this effect reduces damage by 250, down to 500 minimum. (|E| Dying Berserk)
- Guardian Recharger: Guardian Moustachio recharges 4 minutes after activating. (Guardian Moustachio)
- Juggernaut: Duration 20 secs but resist CC, SI pins (unstoppable effect) and tank punch stuns when active. Cooldown 4 mins. (|E| Berserk)
- |E| Focused Enrage: Instead of drawing all Tank aggro when active, you can choose one Tank to aggro instantly. The aggro lasts 10 seconds and Enraging Waves will instantly be put on cooldown upon use. (|V| Enraging Waves)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGs no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to shoot Grenade Launcher. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb doesn't affect allies, radius reduced to 200. (|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Medic Assassin: Assassin Drone shot has chance to heal for 80HP. Chance is equal to 3% of damage dealt.(|V| Assassin Drone)
- If you have binded the Goggles Buff with the Binder item, you can swap it out for the |E| Dying Berserk Buff.
- If you prefer to help save the survivors from a deadly fury ability rather than reflecting damage taken from the tank, you can swap out the Deflection Suit Buff for the Health Dispenser Buff.
- If you prefer to aggro the Heartbroken tank so that it won't attack you, you can swap out the |V| Enraging Waves Buff for the |E| Cupid's Arrow Buff.
- If you prefer to use weapons over a |V| Flamethrower Buff, you can swap it out for the Ranged Expert Buff.
- If you want to support the survivors by helping them with the |E| Courage Buff, you can swap out the |E| Slaying Automata Buff.
- If you prefer to use a |E| Charger Pet Buff over the |V| Assassin Drone Buff, you can swap the buffs.
Weapons used in this buff set:
- Either M60 rifle or rifles/smgs
- Any Secondary Weapon
Benefits of this buff set:
- Knife: Gives you 1 knife that can be used to release yourself from an SI attack once. Your knife can be used after 1 second of being pinned, by pressing ZOOM button.
- Goggles: Obtain goggles that protect you from bile. Buff includes "Cheap Goggles" buff effect.
- |E| Dying Berserk: Upon taking lethal damage (except fall damage) you become spared from death for 6 seconds. You don't consume ammo or gain fatigue, damage will ignore enemy defenses and immunities and become immune to bad status and CC effects. Buff attack bonuses are halved during this duration and you will also draw tank aggro if no-one else is and the tank isn't on taunt cooldown. <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS>
- Deflection Suit: Reflect 50% of melee damage taken against infected. Against tanks and witches, reflect 25% of melee damage taken. <Damage returned won't generate Tank aggro> <✖ VS>
- Health Dispenser: Allows you to place a special device on the floor using medikit. Nearby survivors receive +15 + 0.5% Max HP per second, cured of all bad status effects and given moustachio bless for 5 seconds. <Hold medikit and shove floor while crouching to activate> <Duration: 14 seconds> <Versus: 8HP per second, 1 second of moustachio bless, does not clear bad statuses> <Once per round>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless if lethal damage is taken. <Works only once per round>
- |V| Protective Bag: Allows you to activate a special device for 8 (2 on VS) seconds. +immune to all sources of damage, but cannot attack or move. All infected will lose interest in you and ignore you. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- Avenger: On any infected kill on a survivor, +200% increased damage dealt to the killer and cannot be killed by it for 8 seconds. Increased damage dealt scales down overtime. Effect time resets if the killer kills again. <You can have more than one revenge target> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. If you die, the effect ends and goes on cooldown. <Available in the !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Piercing immunities sets all attack bonuses for that shot to zero> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,500) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- |V| Enraging Waves: Allows you to use a frequency device. When activated all tanks not already taunted will immediately reset their aggro and focus you for 10 seconds or until the device is deactivated. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_enrage)
- |E| Cupid's Arrow: Dealing damage with AWP / Scout to any special infected makes it fall in love with you. The special infected attacks other infected and protects you. On special infected: lasts 90 seconds, only killable by you. On tanks: lasts 7 seconds, anyone can damage it. <Cooldown: 3 minutes> <A single infected can only be affected by one arrow in its lifetime> <Maximum 2 non-Tank pets alive at once> <✖ VS>
- |E| Non-Aggression Pact: If 50%+ of survivors are dead. You can use the !buy menu to form a pact for 20 seconds. All survivors and tanks become damage immune, Special Infected will release their victims and cannot pin and survivor use actions can't be interrupted. <No effect if a Tank is Desperate/Guarded or to actions that directly kill> <Once per round between all survivors> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pact)
- |E| Sacrifice: When activated, sacrifice yourself and become undefibbable. You revive all dead survivors within 500 units with 33% max HP as bonus HP and 5 seconds of Moustachio Bless. <Activate from !buy menu, press attack to confirm, or shove to cancel> <Cannot use if pinned by infected or incapacitated> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_sacrifice)
- |V| Flamethrower: Replaces your M60 weapon with a powerful flamethrower that can affect fire-immune tanks. While held, no move speed bonuses. It deals 75 true damage every 0.1 seconds. <Flamethrower cannot benefit from damage, fire rate or ammo save modifiers> <Cannot buy or use special ammo (can still buy ammo packs)> <✖ VS>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target, they're not affected by attack bonuses from buffs, they shoot and reload -25% slower. <✖ VS>
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 20 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <Max 4 active turrets, idle turrets will be replaced by new ones> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- |E| Courage: After reviving a teammate (hanging revives don't count), they take -50% less damage (including true damage), and gain +25% movement speed. The bonuses decay over 25 seconds. <✖ VS>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds. When it blows, all infected in 350 units take 10,000 true damage. Survivors nearby take 15% max HP damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. Bomb fails if tank dies. Only 1 bomb attachable at a time. <Target must have 100k HP or more> <Uses on the same target lowers damage by 2.5K, 2.5K minimum> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: Allows you to deploy a defibrillator in the ground. It damages, ignites and stuns infected around. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Shove floor with defib while crouching to activate> <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- |V| Assassin Drone: Allows you to summon a assassin drone that shoots at special infected and tanks only, dealing 300 damage every 4 seconds on each shot. Each consecutive shot on the same target deals +300 additional damage (Max: 900HP). Upon reaching maximum damage, damage resets to 300HP. <Incompatible with other drones> <✖ VS>
- |E| Charger Pet: Allows you to spawn a charger pet. Charger pet has 1,000HP and deals 250HP damage to enemy infected. It only has one life but can be recalled and respawned at will if the charger pet did not die. <Spawnable in the !buy menu> <If the pet is lost within 3 seconds, it can be respawned> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_pet)
Tips for this tank: <top>
- Do what you can to help out the other survivors with staying alive. A lot of survivors will die to the tanks attacks, but good usage of buffs such as |E| Courage, Health Dispenser and |C| Discharger can save a lot of them from a potential wipe.
- If you need to aggro the tank, either aggro it towards the survivors if you want to do free damage or if you want to protect the other survivors from the tanks attacks for a short time.
- When the tank is desperate, make sure to survive for as long as you can. It is good to save using buffs that help you to survive until this time as it'll increase the chances of the survivors surviving the tank.