1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Toasters in Co-op

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by WhiteTiger225, Jul 6, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Marlus

Edward Marlus Senior Member

Bottom line is toasters are fail now, and after this topic is closed toasters are gonna fail even more and/or be removed from the game probably. ;o

2. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

Wait...! What? How do you came to this conclusion? Toasters are fun and will ever be...

3. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

[​IMG] Forever!

4. ?????

????? Guest

I Lol'd!

5. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

[QUOTE=?????

6. Nova

Nova Senior Member

[QUOTE='[lol] Y

7. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Lol, i have seen similar things happen too. People don't care about each another when there are toasters, they would even run past you if your in trouble just to get the toasters. And i don't think there is any toaster which could save me 10 hours of game play. You may say the level up toaster is one of them but in my case no. If i play properly on extreme then i can level up before 10 hours but i don't care about levelling up because i have gone past the level 175 where you get the survivor skills which need gems. I agree with Nova, people are taking PR too seriously that they spend most of their day playing l4d2 and chasing toasters like zombie chasing survivors for brains..

8. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

its easy to say that when your high level.. you would not even past level 175 if you didnt play most of the day and almost everday on l4d2.. i only level up once or twice in a day.. that is also thanks to level up toaster.. and i was in the top10 about a week ago.. now im nowhere.. thats how serious our players take PR.. they wanna max as soon as possible.. i would too.. but you need to spend long hours to do it.. and toaster helps to atleast accelerate the levelling but still at a slow pace.. and players are always hoping for that level up toaster.. i know they do..

toaster is part of PR.. and players come in to get that random chance of having toaster with high exp or toaster with special upgrades, points or level up.. thats why players choose toaster over teammates..

if i had to choose between a level up toaster and reviving team mate.. i choose the level up toaster as they dont come by easily... and it would be really stupid to let someone else take it, when its right under your nose.. and facepalm if others take it as you choose to revive your team mate. you will have to spend a few or more hours just to level up and leveling up is a pain when your so high level..

if i had to choose between a multi toaster and reviving team mate.. i choose the multi toaster as they dont come by easily too especially when theres the chance of a level up toaster or exp toaster or other special toaster...

just the other day, was playing at extreme coop finale, all of my team mate was down except me.. and there is the multi toaster right in my sight.. of course i choose it over my team.. and i got a duplicate toaster and 5 exp every 4 secs toaster.. and we lost the round as i got jockey.. and if i had choose to revive my team, theres the chance that i will still get jockey or they do revive and i get smoke while the rest or some lucky players gets to the multi toaster.. and im not the only one who get annoyed when such things happen.. and this often happens.. anyway with those toasters that i got, that means i get to keep those special toaster till we win the finale.. so thats alot of exp there..

9. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Believe me or not, i dont care about ranks, but i want new skills and buffs. And the toasters are the easiest way to get them.
    But everytime ppl lying on the floor i pick them up. i lost many toasters because of that, but fu** it ! ;)

10. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

i agree with you..

11. Raised in Hell

I only played most of the day up to level 142 until those three guys bought the rich kid package because then the top10 lost it's value for me so i stopped playing all day hence it took me monthss to just level up 35 times because i slowed down. I wouldn't mind getting kicked out of the top10 because being in the top10 doesn't mean that those 10 players are the best, it just means those players played a lot. You could say the same thing about levels, in few months, we will have plenty of level 200 players but would that mean, they all are the best players? I agree with Cocaine, i played l4d2 for the new upgrades and skills that's why when level 100 was max, i needed gems so i played supreme all the time and went from level 100 to level 18. Some time ago, i asked Joerve if it's possible to buy all of the upgrades and skills without buying the rich kid package. I told him i'm prepared to be level 1 with everything maxed out because level's don't mean anything when you have everything maxed out.

I also pick up the toasters, even the buff slot toasters, not because i need them, i just pick them up so others cant get them :D. You could say, a bit selfish of me but screw them. When i was levelling up for most of the time, we didn't have all these awsome toasters to help us out. Also, i don't understand why a low level player created this thread about sharing the reward of the multi-toasters between the survivors because low levels don't get to chance to pick the toasters up but i never replied to his post because it seemed like a useless post to me. High level players kill the tank while the low level players are dying around but still they want the free reward. I mean isn't charity enough for them? They get free exp which most of the high level players didn't get when they were levelling up and they still want more. BTW, i rated this thread as 'terrible' because nothing will change due to this thread so it might as well be closed down.

12. Yeah toasters make people crazy, I must admit if I'm the only person up and there is a level up toaster no way am I stopping to get ppl up, its just that rare. I kinda agree with raised thou ppl do take it a little too seriously, but I think when there are rewards like level up/5x xp/5xp and a point, ppl will do anything to get them. I only really get annoyed when I see ppl standing off from the tank and then rushing in to get the multis. IMHO, seeing as everyone gets points for killing the tank regardless of damage inflicted, the multi toaster that spawns should be for those that did the butchering = )

13. Edward Marlus

that's getting old, and if that was the case i should be better off then i am right now, but you morons keep looting my shit so...i'd be happy if there was a buff that shared player-only toaster effects with all other players in the vicinity. i'm sure it would be "OvErPoWeReD"... but let's face it...this shit is fail son.

14. Raised in Hell

The best alternative is to give the most or share the reward to the people who did the most damage to the tank. So many times i do a lot of damage to the tank but i don't get the gem and some low levels get the gems which pisses me off and yet they want reward for doing jack shit.

15. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

How about a SUPERTOASTER ? Every Player level up or get a gem or something ? Doesnt matter who fight more the Tank. But with a very little Spawn Chance, maybe every 200 Tank.

[​IMG]

No Offence Kitties...... :P;)

16. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

To say it Tracy Morgan style "No...No, No..No W..Hell No"

If I am fighting the tank along side 2-3 other high levels i sure as hell don't want to share what i get with those who stay on the side, away from the acid rock spit and tank swings and seldom shoot at it.. Hell No

Last night, after a round of HD, i went back on extreme coop. Guess what, for a good 20 minutes it was just me, afro and one more high lvl and about 5-7 lvl 30-60 and a 2-3 low levels.

Enter the paranoia. Everybody that was under lvl 100 just scrambled away, hiding, leaving all the high lvls to take the tank on. anyway...some more high lvls joined, we finally killed it and there come the lowlys for toasters. I really felt like emptying my M60 in their heads.

17. Edward Marlus

fail?

P.S.: ...Well shit, idk what could be a solution to this topic anyways. All I know is that with PR's current track record this topic could possibly have some serious repercussions, so I stand by what I said earlier, because rarely do you get the good toasters to begin with anyways. And for the record, I was dead serious when I said it smokkey.

EDIT: Universal toasters seem like a good idea. Granted you wouldn't want to spread the resulting wealth from your labor around to idiots and understandably, it's gonna cause higher friction in versus servers in the near-future too...but maybe...huh...I guess things like this and the scrambling go hand-in-hand and whatnot. Oh well, i'll let you people figure it out now, don't dissapoint me.

18. ?????

????? Guest

It's the same here. I stopped caring about certain toasters too. Sometimes I don't even pick up point toasters or exp toasters. Usually just leave them for the newbs (or whoever else wants them). Most commonly, this only occurs when they're far away and I'm too lazy to go get them.

Lol, I must have let others get like 30 Buff Slot toasters by now!

But, if it's a level up toaster as Little Bro described; you are incapacitated, SCREW YOU GUYS I'M GOIN FOR ET!!!!

19. WhiteTiger225

WhiteTiger225 Junior Member

Let me put this in further perspective.

End of Hard Rain, all but one survived. 4500 EXP, 60 Points.

14 Toasters that round. 6912 EXP, 192 Points, Double EXP that entire map.

It pays peanuts to he,p a companion and survive the map, you make a fortune getting the toasters. Thats why I propose now, Have toasters give to everyone based on level.

I am level 23 but I work my @$$ off fighting the tank right along side the high levels. While I have watched high levels sit back and wait to snipe the tank's toasters wants he gets to around 3K HP.

That way the low levels get some EXP, the High Levels get tons of EXP, and the blue toasters can be randomly given based on a percentile derived from who took what % of the tanks HP, that way, the one who did 65% of damage to the tank wil;l get AT LEAST 2/3 od the blue toaster drops from the tank.

This keeps it fair, keeps team work, and keeps it fun.

20. WhiteTiger225

WhiteTiger225 Junior Member

Sorry to double post but... Seriously? I am level 23 and I keep a bead on that tank 24/7. The only times I take it off is to aid the high levels without adrenaline run from the common infected, or from being incapped by SI, especially when the tank is hot on their heals. Team work is not just about killing the bloody tank, but also making sure the SI don't help the tank kill you too. A level 34 I know keeps away from the tank, but makes it his priority to take out the dangerous SI like Smokers, Spitters, and Boomers before they can get to the tank to help it since he is not as natu4rally good at the game.

I love how team work to you guys is just "Kill the tank!" and that is it. Believe it or not, some of us lower levels are there supporting you, you are just to wrapped up fighting the tank for ultimate glory to bloody see it!.

I am not defending EVERY low level. Yes there are tons that also don't even know how to play the main game. But, even on the newbie server, I will see level 100+s without voice and that don't read chat going around farming. And on the extreme server, same bloody thing.

Raised in Hell - "Also, i don't understand why a low level player created this thread about sharing the reward of the multi-toasters between the survivors because low levels don't get to chance to pick the toasters up but i never replied to his post because it seemed like a useless post to me. High level players kill the tank while the low level players are dying around but still they want the free reward. I mean isn't charity enough for them? They get free exp which most of the high level players didn't get when they were levelling up and they still want more. BTW, i rated this thread as 'terrible' because nothing will change due to this thread so it might as well be closed down. "

I made this because this happens even in the lowbie servers. Believe it or not, high levels will farm those too. And believe it or not, this goes to more then EXP, but to entire team wipes because tose 3 level 140+s would rather die in Tank fire then help anyone.

And all we do is die? Fine, have an admin nerd you to my level, and let us see who fares better against the tank. You did no "Hard Work" to kill that tank, you just have the levels is all. Heck, I can slaughter probably 90% of the level 100+ players in versus or COOP realism. But sadly my level is the only thing keeping me back.

Also, sorry to tell you KID, but, the Tank's EXP, and charity EXP, and aiding Ally EXP, and Common Infected EXP, and End of round EXP, is usually NOTHING compared to 1-2 EXP toasters.

The fact is, you are speaking as if you have EARNED the right to bully the lower players, (as you stated before about taking toasters despite not needing any, or dismissing and flaggign my thread for deletion without even reading the original post) And despite all that, you miss a big factor. YOU were a low level too. YOU had to work your way up too. Now, imagine osme of us have jobs, bills to pay, have to buy our own food, have to pay our taxes... Maybe even some of us work two jobs to afford both our apartment, taxes, bills, Internet, Electricity, Computer, cooling, etc... Imagine some of us had to forgoe a raise because we would LOSE MONEY due to the raise moving us up on the tax brackett...

Some of us only play maybe a couple hours a day. Some of us do not get the luxury of living off state aid, mom or dad, or that cushy job in the lower taxed states that let us play games 24/7.

As I stated, I can score circles around you in normal servers, and I do the best I can against the tank, I have enough points for the bloody adrenaline run, but its level 35 so I have to try and get to there. I make it to the end a lot, but as I once again stated before, the end rewards and kill rewards are outdone by one or two toasters.

I was actually one night the only one left and killed the tank, then a high level CRAWLED INTO THE FIRE, SNAGGED ALL THE TOASTERS, then DIED leavintg me without the reward according to you I earned since I did the 6K of damage to the 35K health tank, and the few level 100's got incapped when he was around 20K. I kept aiding them up, I kept shooting the tank... So where was my reward lord High and Mighty?

I am not kidding, with the way you talk/type raised in hell, you would think low levels were second class citizens and ALWAYS the worst players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.