1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The Left 4 Dead Story.. MG Version.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LoneWolfLazarus, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Don't worry Rabbit. I'll get you sorted. We'll make sure we try getting everyone here. Luke I really appreciate your enthusiasm. As I really want this Video to look good your ideas to contribution are very surprising for me as I expected this wouldn't get much popularity even though I had this Plan up in my head. But since this is your idea, I'll give you the honors of taking charge of a special Tank, surprise me (Us as well). Also let me know which three Campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2 you would like to take part in. I'll remove you off them all once I have my idea & put you in the three Left 4 Dead 2 Campaigns of your choice. I'll add you to every Campaign Rabbit. As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in Team, but there is an "I" in Pie. & there's an "I" in Meat Pie. Anagram of meat is Team... lol never mind.....

2. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Folks, the Game we'll be filming Left 4 Dead on is Left 4 Dead 2. The decision has been made. Thank you to the people who have voted.

3. soulcatcher2000

soulcatcher2000 MG Donor

This really sounds cool, I'm in for all the campaigns if you are still casting players. :bloodyskull:.

4. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Okay Soulcatcher, I'll put you in for all Campaigns. We're nearly finished so we only need 5 people for Left 4 Dead 2 & 7 for the first Left 4 Dead Campaigns. Then we can start a time & Event. If some people don't turn up we'll have to proceed but they'll be replaced by stranger(s). They'll adapt to our Film though. New quote by me: "It normally takes a group of idiots to breed a group of Trolls."
    But we'll try & make the time balanced around work schedules etc. The time could be 6PM GMT. So it might work. We'll see yet I'll have to talk to Raised when the time comes, I'll speak to Luke about how we'll manage the Server & fitting precisely 16 people on.

5. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Luke, I've come up with a Name for the Tank if your still pondering for a Name. I was thinking "Hell Knight" we won't have time to beat it but I'll make sure I get it on Screen. Program it how you wish but I know you use Colors to identify the Tank, Black may suit this one. But it's up to you. Make him as strong as you want. I would like him stronger than the Supreme Knight Tank if at all possible. I'll try not to get killed haha! Unless you know a way to pause the Timer for when the Bridge blows up on The Parish & hopefully the Helicopter won't decide to get all buggy on us. We may need support with this. As in Health etc. This filming may take a long while to fully complete but when we get there. It'll be more than worth it!

6. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

I live in the UK as well so i don't mind 6pm or whenever, but will the people living in the US be able to play at 12:00 or 1pm? Will it be on the weekdays or the weekend? Maybe it'll be easier to come up with few different times and let people decide which time will be suitable for them and then pick the time which most people prefer. Also, how many campaigns are you planning on playing per day?

7. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Just one, like I said there's no rush but I don't want to be kept waiting centuries. Besides, I might do one per week depending on how this plays out. But we do need to sort some logical time out & yes it would most likely be in the Weekend as people tend not to be as busy.

8. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

All campaigns here :)

9. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Fair do's, I'll put you in all of them. It'll be good to have you there MetallicA. Just need 6 more players for Left 4 Dead 2 & 4 more for the Original Left 4 Dead Campaigns, I like the look of this, let's hope we can get all the Players we need! I'm really eager to get this going!

10. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I only have L4D2 so I hope you put me there :D

11. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

MetallicA, we are playing Left 4 Dead 1 Campaigns on Left 4 Dead 2 so don't worry you can take part in them all! :rockon:

12. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

UPDATE!!!

Okay fellas, I've spoken with Raised, we both think we have enough Players & we can just invite our friends to join instead. So for those who are joining, please post the times you would be able to take part in the Event. Personally I was thinking round about 6PM on a Saturday, but I'd like to hear all of you state if you can make it that time or a better time for everyone else. Considering we have 10 - 12 Players joining specific Campaigns. It's also about time we get this Event running. It's about time we grab a Shotgun, get the recording equipment & tell a story! Also we'll be doing this weekly every Saturday if it helps everyone feel comfortable. So for example, this Saturday we would be doing No Mercy, then next Saturday we would be doing Crash Course. Or we could keep on playing through the day then resume the Event again sometime again the following Saturday. Also was thinking if we could use the MG Versus Maps. So it shows considerable visual & route difference compared to vanilla, just a suggestion for the Administrators who would be viewing this.

Post if you think you could make it for 6PM on Saturday or if you think there is a better time to arrange this Event or if you have any other ideas. I'd like to get started ASAP.

Thanks for reading! :yo:

13. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

6 PM Saturday of what time zone?

14. erik

erik MG Donor

just invite me to game
    i won't remember

soma
    [​IMG]

15. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Don't worry Erik, someone will invite you, if you have doubts just add me but as for time zone, I apologize for not putting it on I forgot about that, it's GMT. But don't worry, we can work on it or re-arrange the time so everyone can play.

16. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I thought your montage video in the 1st post was great.

When I was creating some L4D vids I found it obtrusive and annoying to have the chatbox included in the video because of the verbosity of it. There are some ways to get the chatbox removed. In fact, you could do it yourself by creating a VPK and installing it on your system. There are also addons that completely remove the hud and makes the whole game look realistic. If you are going for the realistic approach then I highly suggest you install some of those VPK's - or failing that, hide the hud using "hidehud 4" as a console command.

Remember, if you use console commands then "sv_cheats" should preferably be set to 1. This can be done within a demo file and then you recording over the top of it using Fraps for example.

Or if you want to go the full hog then import the whole demo file into Demo Editor/Source Film Maker and edit camera angles to your liking :)

17. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Thanks buddy hehe! But I don't mind the Chat Box being up. The Modded one is sort of relaxed Gameplay than full on formal. When I do Vanilla one. That'll be played like a Story, including the Hud being hidden. However, I'am working on Character specific videos at the moment, but I also need to get started on this MG one tommorow so we needed to sort out a time like ASAP because I need to get recording, personally I was thinking 6PM GMT so maybe everyone can get on. But regardless, tommorow I'll be on at 6PM GMT & I'll be recording. Whether the people turn up is up to them. But the Event is going to be set tommorow at 6PM GMT considering no one has put forward ideas for a better time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.