1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The Left 4 Dead Story.. MG Version.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LoneWolfLazarus, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Hello fellas, I'd like to put forward an idea I've been thinking. I've been thinking of making a movie for Left 4 Dead. As it were a Story. You have your Walkthrough's & Let's Plays. Some of which that have someone talking in the video. Mine is more focused around the Story. I will be playing as if I'm there. I will also try not to get killed or I'll have to start that Map over again the next time it comes on. But I'm thinking of recording Left 4 Dead as if it was a Film. I'm going to make two versions. On the Campaign, playing Left 4 Dead Vanilla & Left 4 Dead Modded.

I want to use MG's Servers as the Server I record on. I will not be talking or typing I'll just be playing, people are free to talk (I'll have Voice Chat disabled though) & type but I'm going to record both versions as if it's a Mirror Universe, a reflection of the original Left 4 Dead. I will be playing the Modded Version in Thirdperson & the original obviously in first. This is also a chance for MG to show it's true awesomeness. I would like good players on & I would like to create times to do the Recording. Once all recording is done. I will upload them all to YouTube starting named as: "Left 4 Dead Episode 1: No Mercy (Modded)" & I'll also name the appropriate others after the Campaign. I don't want no rushing either. I want people to play casually as if it was a Normal Campaign, people won't get interested if half the Team is getting chased by Tanks in a sewer & the other lot blowing up cars near the Safehouse. I'll also do the same for it's title when I play the Vanilla version which will be 4 Players & when I put in the same title, it won't have (Modded) at the end. I will of course given permission put in the IPs of the MG Servers in the video's description & the Website so if viewers take an interest in the Modded versions. They can if they wish sign up to MG's Website or test the water on the Servers first. Those three players though that might be playing with me will most probably be friends of mine. So this is your chance to get your claim to fame!

If things go superb & everyone likes my idea & this goes incredibly well. I might even make an Infected side of the story both Modded & Vanilla Left 4 Dead. I hope ya'll like my idea. Administrators may participate in this. I'll also add in an extra if the videos are good & add Cold Stream as a special video. Since it is an unofficial map. Even though it is done by Valve (I think). It's up to the man himself but Marvel can even make a special appearance in one of them if he finds the idea of this intriguing. I hope ya'll have a think about it & like the idea of this.

As well to reassure you all I have done videos before. I will post an example: [video=youtube;TYgP3p-QLx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgP3p-QLx8[/video]

EDIT:

Okay folks I understand we are getting volunteers to take part in the Filming. I will be posting the Campaign's & the number of slots until they are full. You may avoid specific Campaigns if you wish. When more than four people volunteer for this. I will start a Poll on where to start the first Left 4 Dead Campaigns. On Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2. Here is the list of Campaigns that we will be playing all in Chronological Order.

LEFT 4 DEAD CAMPAIGN LIST:

No Mercy: Full.

Crash Course: Full.

Death Toll: Full.

Dead Air: Full.

Blood Harvest: Full.

The Sacrifice: Full.

LEFT
    4 DEAD 2 CAMPAIGN LIST:

Dead Center: Full.

The Passing: Full.

Dark Carnival: Full.

Swamp Fever: Full.

Hard Rain: Full.

The Parish: Full.

Cold Stream: Full.

Post which Campaigns you wish to take part in or if you want to take part in them all I'll add you to every Campaign. Also, Players will be included in the Film's Credits.

If you are also having concerns like:

"Oh noes, how am I going to know the Filming starts & what do we do!?"

Don't worry we'll set a time suitable for all players & start together using PMs or you can add me & I'll tell you when we are set. As for getting the Server to ourselves. That is another question entirely & it's down to the Administrators. But as Luke suggested. We may end up on the Test Server. But if at all possible I would like to use the EU Server as I don't lag there & if I don't lag, neither will the Film. We would start off on the Plantation on the end of Swamp Fever as a Warm up to get us ready for No Mercy which would be the next Map. Every time we film we'll go to the end of a Campaign so we are prepared for the upcoming Campaign. I'll also be doing these daily if possible. If you are in doubt you may add me as a friend so you get direct invitation to the Game but I trust everyone who will be playing will all be linked to each other so they can send invitations to each other to join the Server.

P.S: I want to say a BIG thank you to Raised for putting this in General Announcements! I'm glad this idea is important enough to be broadcasted through the Announcements section.

For more details you may PM me or you may Add me via Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpectreLoneWolf

Thanks for reading! :yo:

2. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Sounds cool! So, you're going to play normal l4d2 on the left side and modded on the right side, allowing us to compare and contrast the two?

3. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Yes. Sort of like a Mirror Universe. The point in which two dimensions have a major difference. They made a brilliant example of that in Star Trek: The Original Series when Kirk & his away team were accidentally transported to the opposite Universe in which they exist in. All they were trying to do is transport back to the Ship. But they transported back to a different ship. They called it "The Mirror Universe". In this Mirror Universe the people Kirk & his away team knew were violent, ruthless, careless not to mention homicidal. They were called The Terran Empire which was a reflection of The Federation. Were the Federation are Diplomatic the Terran Empire are Warmongers. They acted like Pirates so to say. MG is like a Mirror Universe. Obviously it's different here but there's a major difference when you step into MG's Servers. So I was using a Mirror Universe as an example to how different Left 4 Dead is on MG's Servers & how different Left 4 Dead is when it's left in it's Vanilla state.

That's why I'm doing two. It also gives idealistic people the opportunity to see the difference between the two gameplay wise & also see a possible harshness to what Left 4 Dead could be like theoretically. If it would be so calm as the Vanilla version being a small group of Survivors being pursued by a horde of Infected or if it would be complete & utter Anarchy, numbers of Survivors forming up as a Group being pursued endlessly by an army of Infected. So I plan to go through it Modded & Vanilla. I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this too.

What else they may think would be a good idea. I would like to hear some feedback on this. If it's worthy as an event or something I should do in my spare time. As this gives people a clearer view of MG. The Vanilla one I'll do in my own time with my own friends. I'm just wondering if it'd be okay to film here for the Modded Server version of the Left 4 Dead Story. But if the Administrators wish. They can participate in this or pop in on some of them. Maybe at the end of the last Chronically ordered Campaign we could face off against an Administrator controlled Tank. If Admins like this, we could make one hell of a story from the Modded side of things.

4. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Same here, count me in if you need anyone in versus :)

5. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Thanks guys. If possible though I'd like this set up as a special event. So we make sure we get no idiots on like Teamkillers or people that'll just pile through the Game like it's a walk in the park.

6. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

By the way guys, I'm thinking of filming sometime this Week so make sure ya'll on! You might get a claim to fame! I'll keep Fraps up for when No Mercy comes on & I'll work my way through Chronically. Peace!

7. lukemurawski

If you want, I can be that troll tank at the end of your video...

8. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Have you got access? The last Chronical Map though would be The Parish. You wouldn't have much part in it you know. Considering we'd be legging it to the Chopper. Not stopping to get our arses pounded lmao! But it could possibly work for The Sacrifice? I suppose you could always chase us like we stole your Cheeseburger lmao!

9. lukemurawski

Yeah, I think I still have access. It's been a year and a half since I last played a real game though. The tank can be made to spawn on any map.

10. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Blimey. Well.. The next time No Mercy is on. I'll be getting Fraps out & recording so the lucky people on there will be getting a claim to fame hehe! So I hope you come on, it'd be even more fantastic if Marvel came on or at least The Parish or The Sacrifice as a Cameo appearance. The hardest part for me doing this will be trying not to die because I somehow manage to get myself killed every Campaign. If it's playing Hero to getting ditched haha! It'll annoy me crazy if I'd have to start over again but I think I more than likely will end up doing but that's the price of filming. Nothing is going to be perfect all the way to the end. Ironically though I fancy myself either in the Gaming Industry or an Actor.

11. lukemurawski

Why don't we set a time?

12. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Yes, Luke. I would like this set privately with a scheduled time. I tested the Water last night trying to do the Film with raw players & it didn't work. One of the Players decided to go venturing off down the road leaving people waiting for 5 minutes in the Saferoom while he acted like a complete & utter prat so I thought I can't have this on the recording people will get bored & think the people in MG are idiotic so I stopped recording but I want to record ALL the way through. So with the Administrator's blessings & hopefully they take part too, I would like this to be Private. I dunno how they could do it but we got to No Mercy: Chapter 2's Safehouse & before you know it, Someone had to be a plonker.

13. lukemurawski

Leave that to me. I can kick em any time they troll during the video process. Alternatively, we can record on the test server, but I believe HonorCode and Kitties are using that for their PR rebuild.

14. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Yeah, I came up with a brilliant idea. We could get Volunteers on here to join the 16 Player Server? S'long as they don't ballse the Recording up. The Admin's places would be especially reserved as well as Donors. Etc. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

15. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

So any idea when you're going to be actually recording a gameplay? I'm a fame whore :harp:

16. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

Well.. That depends on who joins. I would like volunteers to post. Every time people post I will edit my starter post & put the amount of slots reserved. People may talk openly on it & I know it's a lot to ask but if at all possible I would like the Server to be private or at least full. We don't have to go all the way through it. I know some people here totally hate specific Campaigns. So I could always edit the beginning post & for example:

No Mercy: 0/16

Crash Course: 4/16

& so on. Those would be the amount of people volunteering to join. I don't mean to sound like a perfectionist but when I do my Videos. I don't mind something daft happening but people blatantly making it obvious that they are interfering with the logic of the filming I will have to shut it down. As well as kicking. It won't look good to YouTube if your booting people all the time for interfering with a Film. People won't see it as interfering with the Film but they'll think the Administrators are on a Power Trip & will end up thinking Hitler rules MG haha! Last thing I want especially even though it's none of my concern is to make the Donors/Administrators to look stupid in a negative way because I think MG is awesome & I would like nothing more than some more faces to appear & stay on MG. I heard that in the past MG used to be a massive highlight to where the majority of the Left 4 Dead Players would play & I know because I was one of them a long time ago. Until I decided to finally be apart of the Community like now. I would also like to initiate a poll as some people on YouTube might think it's unoriginal if I play Left 4 Dead 1 on Left 4 Dead 2. So I would like the opinions of the Community on this matter. I'll put up a Poll if I can stating "Left 4 Dead 1 on Left 4 Dead 2 or just Left 4 Dead 1?" & people can vote either Left 4 Dead 1 or Left 4 Dead 2. When the filming begins I'll close the Poll & start on either Left 4 Dead 1 or Left 4 Dead 2. I hope ya'll understand & agree with me + think my ideas are valid because I'am very set on wanting to do these Videos sometime soon. It's like a Goal to me.

(P.S: When people start volunteering. I'll start the Poll.)

17. cry

cry MG Donor

I will help out in VS or COOP if you need. Count me in, if I am online you can pm me.

18. LoneWolfLazarus

LoneWolfLazarus MG Donor

I'll be editing the first post now. Tell me which Campaigns you'll be in & which you'd.. Rather avoid? Or if your up for all. I'll count you in all of them.

EDIT: The starter post has been edited. Please specify the Campaigns you would like to be in. Or if you wish to be in them all, you don't have to be specific about anything. I'll just add your name to them all. Volunteering starts now... I will add the others from previous posts to all of the Mission lists. Please re-post again if there's a specific Campaign you wish to avoid. I will count myself among all of the Campaigns so other people don't get mixed up with an extra slot.

19. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

I'm up for all maps

20. i'm in of course, coop, versus, extreme config, its all good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.