1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR - VOTE] Should Tanks earn Bounty on Versus?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by HonorCode, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longjohn

longjohn Member

here's my issues with tanks currently

1. cannot buy tanks at the finales or before the finale starts - was it changed to be this way or is it bug? it was fine before the way it was. Their was no need for this.
    2.cannot buy tanks near surv - why was this even added? when I'm tanking, I will quickly gain enough bounty during combat. I shouldn't have to leave combat and allow surv to regroup to buy more tanks.
    3.cannot buy witches near surv - same problem as the tank problem. Why cant we buy witches next to surv? isn't the whole point of buying witches is so they attack the surv? why should we buy them elsewhere to give surv any chance of killing them quicker? after not being able to buy anymore tanks, having so much bounty and not being able to spawn them on the surv, having them anywhere else is a waste
    4.spawning tanks or witches inside the safe room is highly needed. At this point rushing isn't being punished enough which gives more reason to actually rush. We need to bring back the fear of rushing back, it feels to good to rush now without punishments.
    5.losing control - this is still pretty big problem. Maybe removing losing control bar completely would solve this issue.

VS is fast paced game, we shouldn't be adding ways to restrict or slow the game down. The changes you apply to the game should not affect the pace of the game nor should it make things easier. But fixing the bugs or removing things that ruin the gameplay is highly needed.

Now for the poll. Since tanks can be beaten at much faster rate compared to the old tanks who could buy heal, removing the bounty they earn is just too much.

2. Y o u

Y o u Member

To be honest I love and still love/miss/both the old system of spawning the witches and tanks where you just aim your mouse cursor and buy the infected and it's there much much more then the new ways of spawning the infected. When on most finals trying to buy a tank it says "Unable to place the infected" even though there is a green light go ahead to place the infected. When using the random spawn location it says (forgot it's something like) "Unable to find a random spawn location." When you can buy the tank on some finals it crashes the whole PR-VS server and only like half of us come back online which really sucks. Spawning a tank underground on The Parish map 3 around the graveyard area is also annoying as I can't do much but throw a rock and or !passtank. The random spawn spawn location (not on finals) are pretty random and somewhat bad as it can spawn me all the way in the back when all the survivors are in the front going in the SR or spawn me all the way in the front when all the survivors are in the back. Not being able to spawn a tank or witch near a survivor is really annoying as an infected who is trying to kill the survivor as quickly as possible.

BTW PLEASE VOTE YES! :D

3. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Tanks are so much weaker now so removing the few useful buy options they have is just overkill. Either don't let them buy tanks when they are one themselves or make it the way it was before. It's supposed to be a challenge, not a walk in the park.

By the way, this is off topic but I think the car damage should be reduced.. The way it is now, you can get killed in a second having a car punched at you by a tank. I feel like as soon as the tank has cars available, you're fucked. It shouldn't be removed completely, maybe just add a buff or an upgrade to help reduce it?

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

First of all that animal walking there is so hypnotic haha

I have been talking about that with a lot of players and reading the in-game comments and well.. It's like most of us hate the car damage. It sucks more when the first car lands above you and you cant move so you are doom because next time the tank hit that object you are dead. We used to have unstoppable blocking all object damage, so there's no need for a buff for that. But, problem is tanks are too weak and I think that was the way to even up things with survivors, and reducing the car damage make it useless because while you're getting in position to punch a car you are an easy target, and if the reward for that action is just a little amount of damage its a complete waste of the tank life. I think MG try that last year, cant remember de date but im sure we try it.

I think the way to go in that case would be a little more damage to tank punch and bringing back unstoppable. To kill an incap survivor I have to hit him/her a lot of times, and in that time each incap survivor shooting me takes a LOT of my HP. So if tanks could hit harder they wouln't stay down that much, tanks will last a little more, and we wouldnt need objects like now. Low damage with objects would be compatible with this because high lvls wouldnt use them but still that may help low lvl players that doesnt have strong tanks.

I agree with most of longjohn's input here except #2 because I already said that tanks shouldn't buy other tanks.

Most of us want to spawn witches and tanks in SR and near survivors. Losing control is something that must be adjusted, keep in mind that we can't regen in battle, and because of losing control we can't hide a few seconds to regen either :S

With those 2 suggestions tank limit should be reduced to 3 and maybe 1 more for he SR. 5 seems too much

5. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Annnnd... We have a winner?

6. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Seems like "Yes" is currently winning. :P

Honorcode will say when the poll is closed

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Consider the amount of "Yes" votes (After recounting those who voted wrong) I have no choice but to leave the tank bounty earning intact.

I assure everyone that tanks will continue to earn bounty at all times. But i cannot guarantee if we will let them continue buying subsequent tanks.

Thanks everyone for voting and taking the time to reply.

:clap2:

8. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Who doesn't love red pandas ;)

I don't really get the last part, first you're saying that reduced car damage is bad, and then you say it's good for lower levels? I'm just a bit confused, sorry about that :P

9. erik

erik MG Donor

I think it's in the spirit of fairness and the PR mod itself to allow a tank to buy stuff. However, it's that glut of bounty you get as an effective tank that makes it a pain in the ass for the rest of the game and server.

We all have our opinions about the car issue... I almost went into rattling off all of mine, but I think we should get a separate discussion going on that one.

No tank or gamer should be able to spam bile showers for 5-10 minutes straight, or an entire round for that matter. If the gamers can't see for that long of a period of time, we need to reduce the frequency or allowance of # of bile showers to be purchased, like ranged weapons.

10. longjohn

longjohn Member

since goggles were added into the game which removes bile completely from the game is also a problem actually. Even though I personally would love this buff, it does take away much from the game. Its an important part of the games strategy, I can't seem to agree being able to NEVER be biled on is good idea either. Bile always been used as tactic to confuse and blind people, but it should not be spammed - completely agree.

11. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I was talking about reducing car damage (by bringing back unstoppable) instead of removing it completly, (and adding damage to the tank claw to compensate) will work for us and wont let low lvl tanks so unarmed.

12. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Agree that maybe we should share our opinions about the cars eventually. But regarding to the bile issue, it's much more expensive now, and I just didn't notice any abuse like when it was cheap, beside you guys are planing to bring more buying options like witches for example and I think that will reduce the amount of bile showers tanks buy. But if it's needed I will be OK with that, we can always use boomers. Can I have my beloved boomer trap back, then ??? :P

Regarding ranged weapons limmit I feel it's a little low since we got the ammo bug back and rounds in vs may be very long. That was fixed, I don't get why it's back.

and speaking of traps ---> I HATE THE SUPER PIPE :smiley-signs018: TRAP :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.