1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Points Reloaded 1.3 improvement thread.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e36

e36 MG Donor

I'm with you 100% here. I don't even play VS until 1.3. I got to TS 50 in about 2 1/2 day and spent almost $600000 for the TS skills.

2. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

ENCHANTED WEAPONS IDEA:

What about applying the magic skills to your melee weapons?

A new Enchanted Weapons menu where you can buff slot your Katana, Machete or whatever else you want. Whenever you pick up a Katana, the buff slot for that weapon activates if you have it applied.

Maybe you can have Frost enchantment, so when you swing with your Frost enchanted Katana it freezes the horde within a radius for 2-3 seconds, giving you time to swing a couple more times to kill them all. Fire is obvious, one swing and it sets the horde on fire within a certain range. Bile could be another enchantment.

You can only apply one type of enchantment per weapon, but you can swap them out at any time. Because it's a melee weapon, it doesn't have the ranged weapon feel that the current Magic powers have other than the small radius of effect of the melee weapon.

I personally like this idea compared to fluffing around with the magic powers and pressing certain keys. Once you put the enchantment in a buff slot for a melee weapon, it remains.

They should cost quite a bit of money and perhaps some gems and maybe a new item called enchantment stones (which may need a name change cos it sounds like enhancement stones).

3. TJ

TJ MG Donor

They give you a taste of the cake and then realize the cake is spoiled, but you still want it. Why not let them bake you a new cake? lol

Looking at these quotes, I don't understand why some of you guys act like it's us, the players, who are the reason for them getting rid of certain skills and magic. Luke, the creator of 1.3, said himself that magic needs to go. Not to mention the other admins as well said that it doesn't belong. All the players did was give their input, but it's the modders that make the changes. Obviously, the modders don't want magic in it because they are taking it out. Obviously, the modders don't want certain TS features because they are taking them out. It's not the players who are making the changes, it's the modders. Last I checked, this was their mod, not ours. You say they are reverting back to 1.2 but they have to fix the 1.2 bugs anyway, and they are still throwing in some nice extras for you. Long before there was a 1.3 there was a shitload of bugs in 1.2 that still aren't fixed. Doesn't it make more sense to fix those first? You can say 1.2 was crap or whatever, but you were still playing on it anyway. Also, I think one thing a lot of you seem to forget is, it's not just YOUR playing experience. Everyone has to enjoy the servers. Newcomers have to be able to play on these servers as well and it's a lot harder when on top of all the other mods, they have to play with magic and the other changes.

PS. Thank you Luke, Legend, Kitties, HC, Erik, and whoever else is involved or would like to be recognized for making the changes on our servers, listening to our input, and coming to YOUR own decision about how to make the mods even better..

4. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

If the fixes that are being done are/were dictated by the players, then the bugs would have been fixed by now.

The question that comes to mind when I hear that the public was queried about the 1.3 changes is:
    Were the people that did not like the magic, builder, etc able to use it(high enough TS) or were they just on the recieving end of it?

It would have been great to take away the TrueSkill requirement, or bump everyone to 50 to test out the new skills and stuff.

I'm done now [​IMG]

5. Hitsu

Hitsu Banned

Great idea, but why not increase the level cap to 225 and make the levels in between 210 & 225 the pre-requisite to gain the trueskills? To buy them, we'll also have to fork out cash, gems, enhancement stones and new liquid enhancer(level 211). I mean there are lot of players Ive seen with disposable cash, gems & ES and they certaintly would not want them to go down to waste.

Another issue, which needs immediate attention, is the compenstation of the trueskill, because many players who reached TS 50,including myself, have spent lots of cash buying the Trueskill and it would be unfair for us to not receive any reimbursement.

By the way, I really like CrazyRabbit's idea of enchanted weapons because of its feasability and compatibility to the current PR1.2. About the weapons, can you add some distinct features like colour or the MG logo onto them? I have seen many other customized weapons and skins before but nothing can really compare to them having a MG logo attached onto.

6. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Adding particle effects to the weapons to show they're the enchanted weapons. You already have the particles for magic, it would be logical to apply those to the weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.