1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Points Reloaded 1.3 improvement thread.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Please post any suggestions you may have regarding PR 1.3 COOP in this topic. Everybody is welcome, haters, fans and any type of comment as well, problems, suggestions, complains, bugs etc. please share everything so we can improve the mod!!

Thanks! :)

2. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

A new version thread about the release(like HC used to do):
    including a description of the new version, changelog, what the menu in the upper right corner of the screen is..

EDIT: randomly found this after I typed this

1.3 information :: http://mgftw.com/wiki/index.php/Points_Reloaded_v1.3

perhaps a new version thread with a link to the wiki page, so there is a logical place to find the info.

3. vallek

vallek MG Donor

the "rewards" for killing the new fire tank with 350k hp are extremely low, in fact there are no real rewards, it gives the double amount of xp (and cash i guess) of killing a normal tank with 50k hp if i remember this right

4. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

1.3 is built with the new player classes, killstreaks etc and is dependant on building up TrueSkill, but there aren't any TrueSkill servers, are there?

Luke is inactive now, does that mean 1.3 is pretty much an incomplete version until Luke returns?

5. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

As a sidenote:: The Tank Rush would be pretty awesome to have on Helms Deep.. Even if for a Special Event.. It has been a while since we've had one.

6. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

7. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

I thought the wiki was pretty informative, there is some info at the bottom that started to fade, but the most important stuff was helpful..
    What is being done about the TrueSkill factor?
    Will 1.3 still be dependant on the TrueSkill level, which there isn't a server for?

8. Hitsu

Hitsu Banned

Remove away the contagious virus mutation; or at least enable
    mutation shield users to negate its effects.

9. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

I'd like to be able to do more than "1 team challenge per campaign or 2". :P The last few times I joined co-op, the challenge was already used in a previous chapter, then when we got to the next campaign we still couldn't do a team challenge and I quit to join a vs. server before we finally got to the next campaign again.

10. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

omg it's Hitsu!:shades_smile:

11. cry

cry MG Donor

I worked with luke on the plague game. The game development stopped i think. Concerned the PR mod, marvel asked me if I wanted to continue work on the PR mod. I will continue luke's work on the mod, but I need to get used to the work first.

12. The_Jackal

The_Jackal New Member

The TrueSkill is very complicated. Level up the same is very difficult. You could improve this?

13. Samovar

Samovar Junior Member

On the map Dark Carnival crashes "too many indices for index buffer .. tell a programmer" server Points Reloaded v1.3 COOP. Who knows what is the reason?

14. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

can someone fix the adrenlynn, with the HUD of 1.3. Anyways wat im trying to say is u know how the warrior and stuff is to the top right, wen adrenalynn from tank rush or speedy water comes out it blurrs it out and u cant see the picture or the names of wat class u want. Can you fix that

15. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

It would be nice to turn down the special tank music. I cant even hear myself think when it happens.

16. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Beasty Ribs - you can use the !volume command to change it.

Atreyu - the hud is a screen overlay and comes after the effects of adrenaline and speedy water in terms of layers, just like the sniper scope. I don't know if this can be changed, but it's something to look in to. Just know that the hud doesn't do much else but stay like that and shows what classes are available, your change of class shows in the chat area and not on the hud.

Samovar - This is a known issue in the plugin being used to cause the weather effects (rain) during a special Tank. They are already working on the fix.

The Jackal - there are a few posts around about how TrueSkill works. You earn TrueSkill (TS) through playing versus mode. If you play well, your TS will increase. If you play poorly, your TS will decrease. True Skill is a calculation of how well you are playing at that moment in a versus game.

While your PR Levels (1 - 210) will continue to go up based on Exp points, your TS will continue to change each game based on your skill in that game. In one game you might reach TS 55, but the next game you play bad and it drops below 50, which means you can no longer use TrueSkills over 50.

This thread http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/6865-A-preview-video-of-what-s-coming-to-PR will be useful to you guys, I think there is some stuff about True Skill in there too.

17. Lord

Lord MG Donor

I don't really like the idea of TS decreasing....

It's because everytime the team gets scrambled, there's always one stacked team, while the other team stand no chance.

18. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

I believe team scrambled was remade and its more precised now. It will be exactly even or close not like the current scramble

19. Lord

Lord MG Donor

I hope :s

20. Steph

Steph Game Server Moderator

Too bad the server is always showing as not responding to me, even when I have friends playing in it lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.