1. Click here to join our community discord server.

NEW US SERVER ONLINE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 8, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Is it still laggy? And what about the other servers? thx.

2. Smile

Smile MG donor

US VS still having problems with freezing.

3. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

No Freeze Prob for me, just a little stuck for a part of a second. Ping is like before at ~150.

At EU Coop i see players warping through the map.....

4. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

Yes it is, Vulcan and myself checked it out last nite an no difference from the nite before(only other server I play on is MG EU VI and its fine,, other than random crashing which has existed for weeks now...). There are a few noobies I've found on the server(CHI VI) recently, they seemed excited when I told them that MG would surely resolve this issue swiftly...

Once again, frequent lag and or frequent freezing on the USA CHI VI server. This is preventlng noobies from possibly finding a new home *winky*

5. marvel

Allright, so I was testing network speed, and my upload speed was 12 mB/s, so the full 100 mbit but it downloaded with only 20 kB/s tops, sometimes dropping to 0. Changed the network driver, set it to 100 mbit FD (so no auto negotiation) rebooted the system and right now it was downloading again with 12 mB/s.

I'm not 100% sure this solved it though, when I type in SSH it sometimes freezes for a second, like once every couple of minutes but I'm like 6000 kilometers away so that could be normal.

Please test!

6. HighVolt@ge

still getting the same lag as before, except before your changes you'd see the "disconnected from server" screen fairly regularly,, didnt see it once during a 30 minute session just now.

7. marvel

So is it always laggy? Or does it like 'freeze' every now and then? I must say that sometimes it freezes for me when I'm typing in putty. When that happens I see the ping go up:

Reply from 108.61.35.147: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=54
    Reply from 108.61.35.147: bytes=32 time=106ms TTL=54
    Reply from 108.61.35.147: bytes=32 time=2950ms TTL=54
    Reply from 108.61.35.147: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=54
    Reply from 108.61.35.147: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=54

That happens like every 2 minutes. I had a ping next to it to the gateway and that one was ok so that would indicate it's a machine problem. Let me replace the kernel to the same as EU and try again. I need some time for this.

8. marvel

Can you try again now? I think I solved it :D

(I hope)

Edit: Yeah I'm 100% sure it's fixed now.

9. HighVolt@ge

Both servers having severe lag issues. US VI right now, EU regs have been on US server due to the lag issues on EU..

Sometimes the pings jump way up, other times pings dont move an mega lag still pounds everything, even the chat was behind almost a full minute... lol

10. marvel

Does the word ddos ring a bell? ;)

11. HighVolt@ge