1. Click here to join our community discord server.

increase time limit at end of campaign

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Mantra, Jan 14, 2012.

1. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

reporting to admins takes...20 secs(Of course if you have someone from them in your friends list)
    making screenshots...u just need to press one button
    And i'll tell you fun story.One guy asked me to join the server where was switcher,He was playing only as inf.So I joined and noticed such message:oh noes,someone from admins joined,beware.That was on spanish (ty google translator)So i think its not surprise that he stopped switching but who knows maybe when I left he started it again?
    Do you still think that all admins must have that tag?

2. Well if there is at least one admin on at all times, then you won't have that problem.

3. Don Juliano

Don Juliano Banned

Guys I think I'm misunderstood...resume so...i dont have time to take photo screnshots demo or whatever...i dont have time for this s...t
    but its more like this who many admins are here...40-50? good 1 of the many admins it should be all time(or at least for some hours) on the servers..and problem solved.see easy way to do thinks right...

4. I agree with all of what you just said.

5. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Easier said than done. Admins have lives too so they don't have to be on the servers everyday. Reasons could be, some admins may be busy, don't feel like playing l4d2 so playing other games or whatever so like said before, just because the admins are not on the servers, does not mean they are not keeping an eye on the servers. Farming is not a big issue as it was before where people could kill infinite tanks in the finale for multi toasters and gems so where is farming being done now? They can't farm in the finale because the SI have God mode after a minute so are they farming during the first rounds of the map? How much exp/points will they get by killing another 20 zombies? or 40 or lets say even 100 or 200. You guys suggested to give teleport powers to trustworthy donors which will not happen anyway but even so, you guys could votekick the farmers or just come on the forum and say player X and Y are farming on this server if u don't have any admin in ur friend list.

6. Mantra

Mantra MG Donor

of course admins have lives to but like juliano has said if there are like 40 admins surely they have been chosen to cover all servers at various playing times otherwise whats the point in having them as admins. People just want to play they dont want to be arsing around making demos and reporting people.

anyways the topic of this thread is increasing limit at finale.

7. Don Juliano

Don Juliano Banned

With respect for the users...admins...players,i'm not a snitch....and to do babysitting for players,guys its not all about farming its the common sense. Its not in the finale of the map farming..its between them..i sit and wait ... and wait for them to come in the saferoom.
    And one more think i don't want to abuse !votekick (i'm @ level 209...and i used this command twice).I'm here to make some friends not to do enemies,we are a big community and we must learn to respect certain rules.
    P.S To protest what is going on the servers i will quit playng left4dead2 in the MG servers(and i still have the booster 5*...lol)for a while and i don't whant to transform this thread in to a war zone
    !!! with respect juliano76 until the and

8. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

You see the thing is, some admins only like to play on VS coz coop is not challenging enough for them, some like to play with their friends whichever server they're on, there is also a time difference between different countries and then there is also a latency problem for some so a US based admin would get 200+ ping on EU servers whereas on US servers, he would get 60-100 and vice versa. Also, like i've mentioned before, not all admins play l4d2 so if u combine all these factors up then it's not that simple to have atleast 1 admin on every server.

@ Juliano, you don't want to kick or snitch on people because you don't want to make enemies on the server even if they are breaking the rules, you said you want to be an admin so how would you react to similar situations if you were an admin? Don't kick them because u wouldn't want to make enemies?

Anyways, back to the topic, 1 minute is fine otherwise there is going to be more farming in the finale where people will get more chances of killing another tank or two for multi toasters.

9. Mantra

Mantra MG Donor

with due respect it is that simple its not hard to look at the times when players are on and what servers they play on. and like ive already said there are several campaigns where you wont even fight a tank now which in turn will cause players to farm.

10. Don Juliano

Don Juliano Banned

back to the topic.....you can increase @ 2-3 min not more than that !!!

11. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Like I said on other post (that appart from Avil anybody else read :( ). I agree on increase the limit on the finale that already have and timers, like Parish that the timer is up everybody else dies, and that sometimes is more frecuent because on last seconds the ppl on the back got OP by the SI.

Or just add the same timers of Parish to the other finales (not much agree with this because i know ppl like trollin on this, but is an option)