1. Click here to join our community discord server.

'Hidden Infected' mod

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by marvel, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was wondering why there's no votemute in HI server, it would be good because there's a lot of players spamming mic when there's no admin, so we have to voteban the player.

2. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

You can voice mute a player in your console. I think you have to type something like "voice_mute [Player's Steam ID]".

3. erik

erik MG Donor

4. erik

erik MG Donor

If you can't open console, by the way, check Options in L4D2. Enable Developer Console.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Amp and Erik! :)

6. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

wild idea in my head:

what about a virus. as infected, you can "give" a virus to a survivor (with shove for example, so you have to attack very close to them) and the survivor HP will decrease slowly (or change to temporary HP, would be the easiest to do i think)

1 or 2 credits for each survivor... the healthpack from detective can stop the infection (and the detectives are immune against it maybe?)

7. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I like this. But i do not like the healthpack idea. They are expensive as can be, and I, as detective would not ever buy that.

So perhaps, the shove gives someone disease. It either spreads, or this can be done multiple (perhaps 3) times.
    It can be solved by injections. That way pills are not the way to go, but injections have their use too.

Damage done can be max 60hp over a minute? For two credits?

8. erik

erik MG Donor

You guys need to stop making jokes like this:

KillaBee ? [?

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

10. Guest

Guest Guest

11. erik

erik MG Donor

You said it on a server with over 10 people on it, what did you honestly think I'd derive from it? lol

BTW Nice "dislike," only to agree with the same thing 1 post later.

12. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Nikki always agrees with me ;)

13. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I agree. People need to stop with that joke. It was amusing at first, but its kinda old now and it does cause a little confusion.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ofc, you put something that I didn't say in the post, you want me to do what? Lick your feet just because you're admin?
    And I already said that now I agree that it must confuse new players. Can't you read my post properly? I said "I've never had a problem doing it before". You just took something I said and transformed into something so personal, "Nikki combated it and said "no one else has a problem with it, erik.", almost poetic, really.
    Plus, why the hell would I lie about something I said? There's no reason for that.

15. erik

erik MG Donor

Cuz you did the thing like five or six times. "Fellow infected _xxxxx_"

Water under the bridge now I guess.

16. frostwyrm

frostwyrm Junior Member

Hey folks, I played Hidden Inf. couple of times and its surprisingly great.
    I think it deserves a game of its own. It would get much more recognition.

17. Ciara

Ciara Junior Member

Can't see the drama here, seriously. Stop people, because drama on server will confuse new players more. xx

18. erik

erik MG Donor

I have to say again, please, everyone STOP abusing the vote ban process.

Someone was votebanned yesterday because they sound too young, or like a little boy.

This is what the gamer told me anyways. I also see votebans and people say "he was wrong about a KOS," or "he RDM'ed someone." A gamer can be wrong about a KOS and it not mean they should be banned.

The voteban option is not for people to play admin. It is serious and makes them count for real bans. If someone REPEATEDLY calls bad or false KOS's, by all means, use voteban. If someone REPEATEDLY RDM's, then yes, use it. Don't forget we also have a karma system to keep this under control.

Voteban isn't like votekick and it's not a way to get rid of people you don't like. Please keep track of WHO CALLS THESE BANS! That will help a lot and help us censor abuse.

We do not want to take voteban away, so please don't force us to.

19. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I did a voteban yesterday after aNtYMaG3 kept speaking polish or whatever. Even when a dozen players kept asking him to stop. Is that bad?

Perhaps voteban system could ask for reason and include the person who asked the ban.

20. erik

erik MG Donor

Bad? Who knows. Extreme? Yes.

Perhaps just a votekick next time. ;)

If they're a donor, you can always ask an admin to help out.