1. Click here to join our community discord server.

'Hidden Infected' mod

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by marvel, Nov 24, 2013.

1. tank

tank MG Donor

what about couple of detectives and one scientist :) miss dat green hat ..

2. Guil

Guil Junior Member

Hello! I would like to make a suggestion that would improve this mod a bit. It is related to defused c4s. There is no way to know when a c4 is deactivated, only the lack of that beeping noise. But when there are people talking and shooting, is difficult to hear that. The last thing you'll do is getting near a c4 to know if its still beeping or not, and that will create a lot of confusion. So I think that changing the color of a defused c4 along with a chat message would help a lot. What do you think?

3. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

Color change would be okay. A chat mesaage is he wrong way i think. Infected don't have to know it that faat.

4. Y o u

Y o u Member

[​IMG]

On the map Crash Course for H.I. if you go in that room and turn into a hunter you get stuck. You can get unstuck by going back to human form. If you stay in there long enough you fucken blow up. No mines, C4, barrales, and humans. Just me and that room with death hanging over my head. Me blowing up might just be a one time thing but getting stuck in that room as a hunter is 100%.

5. Jost

there was an argument today: is it allowed to say "kill player xyz" as infected...

well i only listen to KOS, so i said yes, but it seems that there are many players, who think it is not allowed... so i need some statements...

6. erik

erik MG Donor

If this is chat for the whole server to see, and it's in regard to who is killing who, it should be kept to the standard terms "KOS," "SUS," etc.

7. Dr_House

Dr_House Banned

saying "kos" as infected not allowed because make survivors lose karma and makes random kills so if you mean "kos" is not allowed but saying "kill player xyz" is allowed.. well the result is same make survivors lose karma and random kills.so i think both are prohibited to say "kos" or "kill" as infected.

8. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

Is there any way to check who is using the mic when the he/she doesn't appear on the HUD? There are some players with horrible mic-etiquette...

9. Guest

Guest Guest

What about infected calling kos someone that isn't in the server, I have seen it a lot, and they say they're not accusing someone...

10. saymyname200

saymyname200 Junior Member

That's just cheating, how are we supposed to keep track of 28 names at a time ? For all intents and purposes it's a KOS

11. erik

erik MG Donor

Forbidden. KOS is hard-written into the rules as a certainty, only to be used in specific examples.

People ARE allowed to be incorrect about a KOS without warranting a vote ban. I've been wrong many times, and felt genuinely bad, but the gamers still jumped down my throat about it.

If someone is simply wrong about a KOS more than a couple times in the same day then, yeah, they need to stop calling them and get some real evidence, or simply use "SUS" instead. I just wanted to make that distinction but when it comes to its usage, it's not something to goof with, troll with, or joke around with. Doing so puts the person trolling at risk of a severe-length ban.

If gamers want to fuck around with KOS jokes or whatever, then they can come sign up for an account right here on the forums, and enjoy our MG Memes thread... where such things have a place. Not in a live game server where it's hard-written into the rules.

Don't hesitate to get an admin and/or capture some evidence if people "KOS-Troll."

12. Jost

there are still discussions about infected and type/say KOS, so i just summarize:

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 700"]
    [TR]
    [TD]KOS in combination with survivor name, area or weapon
    [/TD]
    [TD]FORBIDDEN[/TD]
    [TD]examples:
    infected: KOS TOWER
    infected: KOS Jost
    infected: i think he said KOS Jost
    infected: KOS GL/AWP/KNIFE

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]KOS in combination with fellow infected name[/TD]
    [TD]acceptable in rare situations[/TD]
    [TD]example:
    fellow inf newbie is killing your team.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]KOS in combination with a player name who isn't on server[/TD]
    [TD]FORBIDDEN[/TD]
    [TD]example:
    infected: KOS AzureKite (while he is on VI :P )[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]KOS without name/area, for example as a question or when you explain the rules to someone.[/TD]
    [TD]ALLOWED[/TD]
    [TD]example:
    infected: who is KOS?[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

BTW:
    Don't ask players to type "KOS *current inf*" to check if they are surv or inf. If you kill him/her because he/she didn't type it, it's still RDMing!

13. Jost

New rule:

Don't go behind barricades, unless they are broken...!
    There are two known situations where you can go behind them... but you can't go back. It's not fair and camping and not everyone knows how to get there...

(maps c7m1_docks and c10m4_mainstreet)

14. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I just learned karma can drop about ~1075 after a mapchange or crash between it. It changed to Atrium. But Jost changed it to interior and suddenly, i have less than 50% karma left. Just want to inform you of this bug. Seeing as Moska had the same problem and got karmabanned for such a thing not too long ago.

15. Jost

yes everyone changed... sorry for that... should don't touch that again :P

but moska wasnt victim of a crash... so i think that's another reason...

16. Jost

new idea for infecteds:

- possibility to change every survivor to the same model... means only zoeys on the map for example. (for a limited time or until end of round.)

what do you think? good idea or not? how expensive?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey guys, question came up in the server today, is infected allowed to say things like:
    "I think x killed detective";
    " I think x dropped c4"...

18. Jost

Why not? :D

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Be ready, you'll drop c4 every round I'm inf :D

20. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the other day, when I was playing as infected, I was saying "I think X turned into hunter". HC told me that was not allowed, according to Major Rule 1. in !help which states that one is not allowed to accuse someone of being an infected as infected.

Just yesterday, a player (playing as infected) said, "I think Amp killed the detective." Another player told me that HC allowed this. Some confusion here. Would be nice if HC can clarify this.

Peace out.