1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Extreme Co-op

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Wolf O'Donnell, Jun 25, 2011.

1. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

they actually did....and it taught me "Read the damn guide before you play" and i did....i wish the low levels from now would do the same.... :)

i actually am. I know quite a few lvls 100+ that think the same. Why do you think fewer and fewer high lvls play VS PR and prefer the Extreme COOP?

2. Authentic

Authentic Member

"Do not do to another something what you don't want done to yourself"
    I think you remember this.
    Because of what you faced when you were a new player, you are now doing it to other new player cause ur a vetrean now. Bashing at new players on everything their are doing that isnt your liking. I think that higher levels needs to help new players in a more positive attitude. Rather then just kicking them for 1 little mistake.

And to answer your second question about why higher levels dont play vs pr anymore. I have to use you as an example. No offence.
    About a week ago you were ban by joerve for raging new players for not passing the tank to another person. After you were unban, you said that you wont play pr vs anymore because youcant stand the noobs there anymore.
    I agree vs needs a level limit, however COOP doesnt. Doesn't matter if its extreme or normal. The only thing extreme about the extreme coop is that
    1.Jockey instant incap
    2.boomer puke=massive horde.
    thats about it right?
    If i was a new player and i see the advantage of more horde=more exp=faster leveling. I would probally play extreme .

3. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

We haven't played that often on PR Vs servers together so i am just going to put it out there. As a survivor, I did not go back to often to help new players, i preferred to help the ones i knew and played with. Not once, but multiple occasions, when incapped by a smoker, or charger..i said over chat "do not come for me, go to the safe-room". I have no problem to be the only one dead if the mains make it to the saferoom and we get the points. if it was to my liking i would have said "hey...ya n00bs come and get me...wtf

Second, low level players are most of the times farms for higher lvl players, whether they are survivors/SI. one boom, one good spit or charge and they are down. In-capp them first at a choke point and you pretty much screwed the whole survivor team. A lvl 1-20 isn't likely to have knife, or crawl or self revive or speedy water. Separate them from the pack, incapp them and then you can concentrate on the big fishes in the pond.

Aaa..you forget a few things like:

• Super smoker with a mile long tongue and massive damage once you are trapped
    • Super spiters with maxed out sticky goo that slows you down 75%. if caught at a chocke point, you can loose all your health/die. Add a ton of CI and then you can barely move. A low level without any upgrades to swing is toast...

As for the tank and low levels i will give you an example. About 30 mins ago i was playing PR VS after i was done with Extreme.Dead Center's finale. On one team, me and ivke(lvl 200), a few lvl 17-25 and about 5 bots. On the other team, The cookie monster(lvl 102), bloody gooch (102) and a few 17-30 lvl and bots.,

ROUND 1.

ivke and I were SI, cookie's team was Surv. previous to the round start, ivke and I switched to SI because they were 3 and before the switch we were 6. that meant we started the round after they got out of the safe-room and were almost to the elevator. Anyway, 30 seconds after they get out of the elevator(all 10 of them) i get a tank, normal one and start kicking their asses. A few minutes after, ivke gets one. 5 mins after ivke gets his, we have a 3rd tank , and a lvl 24 gets it. None of our tanks died...a dozen mind controlled rocks after, from me and ivke, they are dead/

ROUND 2

Reversed roles. same story, we get to the elevator, we lose 3 bots on the way....on the bottom, a tank. it's lvl 22. it takes me and ivke and bong something(lvl 25-25) less than 10 seconds to whak it. Cool...they get another tank. it's gooch. 1 minute later he's almost dead, but heals...another min later, he's dead. We get killed by cookie and some other one....

My point? 2 lvl 100+ Survs and 3-4 lvl 1-25 had no chance against 2 almost maxed out tanks (ivke was maxed, I wasn't)
    On the other hand, a lvl 22 tank and another 102 one had no chance against 2 high lvl players. i am not saying anything about the fact that they had also 3 more players to back them up and we were still inside the elevator while they were roaming around the map when Survs

They basically wasted one tank on a low lvl(that's 60 bounty going down the drain...), and we exploited our superiority to the max.....a low lvl player does not make bounty at the same rate as a high lvl...therefor, if he is the tank, you just gave away the bounty needed for the purchase of that tank

4. Authentic

Authentic Member

I am not against having a level limit on VS but COOP
    The spitter in normal is worst than extreme. Why? Because normal coop spitter=melee only and its 75% slow down
    Extreme spitter=75% slow down however you are able to shot it.
    I think the Smokers are the same in both the coop.
    Today we were playing with a level 3 I think he did pretty well. Until the point where a spitter spat on him and tank. But so did the higher level.

5. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

a post of mine from 3 days ago:

Wasted toaster basically

i don't disagree, but that works only if you see it from fairly far. if it's on a roof, or around the corner or behind you, you can't see it immediately.Add lots of SI around you, boomer, and even tank and it complicates things...a lot.

when blinded by boomer bile and surounded by CI, or with a tank on your ass, shooting a spiter 50-100 feet away is not on top of your priority list.....

6. August

August MG Donor

I always switch to the weaker team if its imbalanced because i find it more fun to play against a pro team even though my team isnt very good. I treat it like my teamates are bots. One really good example would be No Mercy finale. My team may just die by the time we reach the ladder because of pro spitters but playing as infected is more fun (much more fun) because the survivors actually make it to start the finale and thats what makes it (because the karma slap/charge window time is the WHOLE map)
    What im trying to say is, owning a survivor team in 2 minutes after they leave the saferoom is not as fun as trying to beat them along the way. (to me)
    Try it one day Smokke. Who knows, you may like it too.

7. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

I get a TON more xp picking people up / saving them, etc. compared to just raping them in 5 minutes or less. I can only speak for VS thought, so I usually stay in the back to try and pick up all the stragglers. Its much more intense being constantly harassed by the SI.

BUT then again... if a level 4 is in game I might try 3 or 4 times to save them but if they are slowing down the group, cya! The worst is when they window shop at every opportunity ROFL.

8. But we're talking extreme COOP and I've yet to see a convincing argument for why they should be level specific.

I know I wasn't asked, but I would keep the 5 low levels for three reasons. Firstly with 5 higher levels I'm less likely to score as highly because I'll have more competition for kills and fewer incaps to revive. Secondly I actually enjoy being challenged, with a team of high levels the challenge is lessened and thus, my enjoyment too. Lastly its unfair, IMHO, to exclude ppl from COOP based on level. We were all noobs once and they have exactly the same right to play on the server as you do.

I remember not playing the PR VS servers as a noob because, despite employing better strategy, I was defeated by upgrades that I didnt have. I went to COOP to level up as quickly as possible so I could return maxed out and kick ass. I think if you were to make COOP level specific it would deter any new players from staying the time necessary to level up. I mean on Extreme I can score 200-800 CI plus 25-75 SI plus a dozen witches plus countless revives/heals, thats ~10K XP per round! Add to that xp, bounty, points and special toasters and it makes it very easy to level up unbelievably fast on Extreme. In normal COOP I'd be lucky to score 200 CI, 25 SI and maybe a couple of witches and the occasional revive. A lower level could be level 40 in maybe 5 hours play on an Extreme server, whereas it would take days/weeks on the normal ones.

There is a risk, however, that you alienate your most loyal fans (the high levels) by making the servers too noob friendly. It isn't fun for high levels to be stuck playing VS, where there are no second chances, with noobs who have no idea what to do and continually make mistakes. It frustrates me and I'm sure everyone regardless of level. For those reasons level limits on VS servers are an absolute necessity. I think everyone (noobs included) is in agreement over this one. If you were to do that and leave the COOP servers open then high levels would have a noob free zone (NFZ) and noobs would still have the chance to level up quicker on the Extreme servers. At the end of the day playing COOP is just a bit of fun for points and xp, I think you have forgotten that. Could you not learn to live with sharing the COOP servers if you had your own high level NFZ VS?

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

10. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

I think the correct term might be newb actually...

11. Yvan?vitch

Yvan?vitch Guest

You should add also on EU server a countdwon/blocking before the door open.... same as in LA, that way those door opening rushers will have to wait for everyone.

12. Yvan?vitch

Yvan?vitch Guest

Once we are too many people it became too easy... not even a challenge (only paranoia tanks are) this mod is a challenge for 2-6 peoples, more peoples and its became a walk in the park

13. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

No comment

14. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

I know most of the people won't agree with me on this because of obvious reasons but i think there should be some sort of a timer on the finale because right now people can farm on the finale for 20-30 minutes killing tanks and i think this will put some restrictions on the farming subject but like i said, people may not agree because they like to farm and get the gems, exp etc

15. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

There is a timer if you start the finale right?

16. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Just a guess but I think he means (for example: carnival finale) people can just kill tanks etc. without even getting on the chopper!

17. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

No there isn't. The team killed around 10-12 tanks on the bridge finale map before they got in the chopper but there was no timer so you could stay out and even kill 100 tanks if you wanted to ..

18. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

ok whats about a timer at finals, that start after the normal timer is over and the rescue is there?
    like : the chopper is there, get in or u will be left 4 dead in XX mins.
    after that timer it just autoslay the ppl outside or idk how to code it.

EDIT: and/or maybe code it so that the endless tanks imcoming after the chopper arrived dont give toaster/gem/exp/pts.. cuz i find its ok when ppl decide together(!) that they want to fight tanks to improve their ingame skills with tank situations

19. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

hmmmm... the best way out in my knowledge would be that those tanks dont give any exp or toasters or gems once the rescue has arrived, in that situation no one would be interested to stay back & kill tanks. Or the server can just auto slay people after a timer initiates once the rescue arrives

20. [lol] Yö

[lol] Yö Junior Member

People are actually interested in killing tanks even if they don't get any rewards, because they enjoy the teamwork.