1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Anti-rush plugin for our pr and VI server.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by [S?o?i???WEED] Wanted, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Like i said it need some modification like you can't leave more than 3-4 players behind and it doesn't applies to bots already.This atleast control 1-2 players rushing ahead leaving 8 players behind.
    2.farming is a problem in coop not in vs.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Junior Member

Yes, I understand the points you have put forth across. However, please do take reference from marvel's response that such a plugin would take up lots of server bandwidth.

I mentioned coop because people suggested bringing the plugin over to COOP servers. Thankfully, we both have the same opinion on the relevance of this plugin to Coop.

Otherwise, no offense meant to your idea. I still take the stand that a plugin wouldn't work on the PR config due to the various other reasons I mentioned pertaining to versus.

3. AzureKite

AzureKite MG Donor

I totaly rejoin everyone who said it before, for VI : it's a very VERY BAD idea at all to put that system on.

Rushers are completely under control with regs and admins who play every days, and we explain to new players or beginners how strategy, fairplay and gaming work here. If they don't listen or are stubborn (that happens sometimes), we warn them first and try to make them think about the mistake they did (rush-alone-nonmain for ex.). If they keep doing it and screwing the team one round after, you can be sure the troublemaker guy will be kicked in 90% of case.

And I must say, it probably used to be a problem at some moment in the past of years, but since few month now, "rush-alone-noob-screwing-players" are less and less present and embarrassing. Probably because BigDaddy went in hollydays forever :P (rushing leader).

What I mean is that except some exception (champlar (lol), bompking, etc...) people mostly understand after 1 or 2 kick, and they don't do it again after. And that's really comfortable, because mentality is different from PR players and VI players for example, and on VI that's really pleasant to play with aware people, fair, and who are there for a good game with fun and budies, but without loosing the spirit of battle gaming !
    Those last week I saw many beginners joining for the first time and saying some kind of speech like "That server is awesome i'll come back !" for example. And they do come back!

And all of this, it's a speciality and treasure of VI ! :)

In my personnal example, I've played a a long time ago on ZombieGrill and ZombieIsland servers which are "close" to VI in gameplay speaking (but A WAY INFERIOR compared to our Divine-VI :) ). And the mind of people there is horrible, it's just insane. In those servers, nobody pays attention to nobody, and yes they could need an antirush system there lol :P

In final, that antirush system could be interresting for PR only, but depending of what they think about and need.
    As I'm not a PR player, I'm absolutely not the one who could give opinion or advise for them, so I won't say anything.
    Propers PR players know perfectly more the situation there, and what to think about.

But for VI, it's definitively NO ! :)