Recommended Buff Set (DBoT) (DTG)
Recommended Buff Set (Dormant Boiling Tank) (DTG V2.7)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to Dormant Boiling Tank Page
Go to Recommended | DBoT | DBoT (UQC)
This Buff Set uses a number of quick damage dealing and movement speed buffs to help you against the Dormant Boiling Tank.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue or purple.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Dormant Boiling COOP <top>
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+ / Ranged Expert+*
- (SURV) Tank Slayer / Extra Powder+*
- (SURV) |E| Weak Point Spotter+
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / Freezing Grenade*
- (SURV) |E| Fentanyl Injector / Prescription Medication+*
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+
- (SURV) Tenacity+ / |E| Promise+*
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) |V| Bird Whistle
- (SURV) Mobility Master+
- (SURV) Adrenaline Area Booster+
- (SURV) Dummy Rounds+ / Infirmary+*
- (SURV) |E| Slaying Automata+ / Grenade Trap+* / Underbarrel Launcher+**
- (SURV) |C| Discharger+ / Unstoppable+* / Freezing Grenade Launcher**
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
- (SURV) Trailing Haste
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGS no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Armor Piercing Grenades: Pipe bomb explosions ignore target's defenses, halved instead on tanks. (Extra Powder)
- Responsive Spotter: Every shot that doesn't activate Weak Point Spotter increases the chance by 0.05%. The chance resets once it does. (|E| Weak Point Spotter)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds.
<Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Pledge: You will heal 25HP every time you revive or free a non-bot survivor. <No effect from hanging revives> (|E| Promise)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- |E| Adrenaline Accelerator: -25% reduced slow effects of affected survivors and causes slow effects to instantly start decaying when the buff is activated. (Adrenaline Area Booster)
- Phantom Rounds: When any ammo save chance activates, you have a second chance to gain another bullet. The second chance is equal to half of your total ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- Clinic: Allows you to carry an additional Pain Pills/Adrenaline. <Press the ZOOM key with your item held to swap between the two> (Infirmary)
- Explosive Automata: Turret gains 5% chance to also shoot a Grenade Launcher projectile. (|E| Slaying Automata)
- Reusable Traps: 3 seconds after placing, you can shove a placed trap to pick it back up. (Grenade Trap)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Frostcharger: Each tick slows infected hit by 3% (doubled on non-tanks). On the final tick, all infected in range become frozen for 1 second, bypassing debilitate cooldowns. (|C| Discharger)
- Unyielding: Unstoppable now has a chance to block tank punch stuns for 2 seconds. <Chance to activate is 50% of Unstoppable chance> (Unstoppable)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- If you prefer to have a medium damage increasing buff over an incremental damage increasing buff you can swap out the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff for the Ranged Expert Buff.
- If you prefer to deal more damage with explosives over dealing more damage with guns, you can swap out the Tank Slayer Buff for the Extra Powder Buff.
- If you prefer to crowd control your dormant tank by freezing them rather than stunning them, you can swap out the |E| Zapping Gun Buff for the Freezing Grenade Buff.
- If you prefer to gain more health back in a shorter amount of time rather than benefiting from health regeneration after taking damage from tanks, you can swap out the |E| Fentanyl Injector Buff for the Prescription Medication Buff.
- If you prefer to give yourself a challenge with less maximum HP to deal with against the dormant tank rather than having more maximum HP despite taking more damage in numbers, you can swap out the Tenacity Buff for the |E| Promise Buff.
- If you prefer to hold 2 health items for survival over having a chance to save ammo with your weapons, you can swap out the Dummy Rounds Buff for the Infirmary Buff.
- If you prefer blowing up the dormant tank over dealing damage to it using your turret, you can swap out the |E| Slaying Automata Buff for the Grenade Trap Buff. If you instead want to crowd control the tank by freezing it, you can swap out either buff for the Underbarrel Launcher Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to resist tank punch stuns over having a buff that can stun and deal high overall damage to the tank, you can swap out the |C| Discharger Buff for the Unstoppable Buff. If you instead want to crowd control the tank by freezing it, you can swap out either buff for the Freezing Grenade Launcher Buff.
Weapons/Configs and loadout used in this buff set: <top>
- Rifles / Sniper Rifles
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25% OR +25%/-25% || -25%/+25% without Ranged Expert Buff
Recommended Weapon Config (Snipers): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -10%/+10%
- Pipe Bomb
- First Aid Kit
- Adrenaline Shot
- Recommended Bullets: Ice Bullets/Acid Bullets (Bullets aren't really needed here)
- Recommended Booster: Refined Regeneration Booster (Minimum. Supreme Regeneration Booster helps better)'
NOTE: You can use either a Refined/Supreme Resilience Booster, then gain any bonus toaster that gives the health regeneration bonus effect. While it'll be helpful for this dormant tank fight, it isn't needed.'
Benefits of this buff set:
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target but aren't affected by attack bonuses from buffs. They shoot and reload -25% slower. <Ammo save chance halved for Rifles/SMGs> <✖ VS>
- Tank Slayer: You deal +300HP bonus damage to tanks every 4 seconds with ranged weapons. <✖ VS>
- Extra Powder: +400% increased pipe bomb damage done (Affects Traps).
- |E| Weak Point Spotter: Allows you to randomly ignore defenses and immunities on infected. <Chance: 3%> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Freezing Grenade: Exchanges pipe bombs for freezing bombs. Infected caught in the explosion suffer movement speed loss or become frozen depending on distance. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Freeze duration: 10 seconds (2 for tanks)> <You can't freeze ice tanks>
- |E| Fentanyl Injector: Heals 3HP/s after receiving damage from tanks if not poisoned/incapacitated until you reach full health.
- Prescription Medication: Can buy Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% THP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is given as bonus HP.
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |E| Promise: Gain +1,000 increased max HP. If any survivor dies to the infected, you take (400 - their level) damage. This damage scales on current HP % and is nullified below 25% HP. Regain +100 HP for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you and block Promise damage for 10 seconds. <Bots or survivors falling behind dying won't hurt you> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- |V| Bird Whistle: Use a bird whistle to call crows to attack. Infected within 600 units take damage every second for 5 seconds equal to: - Common and Special: 1,000 HP - Tanks 1: 1% max health, Tier 2+: 0.4% max health (max 1,250) <Only one whistle can be active at the same time> <Activate in !buy menu, 5 minute cooldown, requires 500 unit headroom> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_bwhistle)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Area Booster: You can shove the ground to consume your Adrenaline, giving all survivors in 300 units +10% movement speed bonus, +3 HP/s regen for 15 seconds and 5 seconds of Adrenaline. <Effect cannot be renewed until it wears off> <15 second cooldown> <Press RELOAD with adrenaline in hand to get cooldown time>
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- Infirmary: In place for throwables, able to equip 2 health items (First Aid/Defib) at once. <Can't pickup second health item with throwable in hand, swap to other weapon first> <Press the ZOOM key with your health item held to swap between the two> <You will drop your secondary item on death>
- |E| Slaying Automata: Allows you to deploy a turret once per round which shoots at nearby infected each second in 600 units, 180* arc, dealing 150 damage. It goes idle if it hasn't shot in 15 seconds and if the owner is over 300 units away. Anyone can press USE on it to wake it. <Turret can be rotated by pressing USE> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_turret)
- Grenade Trap: Allows you to setup throwable traps on the floor. It will detonate if any enemy infected gets close and creates a projectile based on the trap type. Traps cannot trigger in 3 seconds of being placed, and will detonate after 2 minutes. <Shove floor with throwable in hand to place> <Pipe bomb traps deal double damage and have no dropoff> <Max 3 active traps. In VS max 3 of each type per round>
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- |C| Discharger: While crouching, shoving the floor with a defib deploys a device that deals a mix of fire and shock damage, burning and stunning nearby infected. On the last tick, it resurrects back all nearby survivors and deals more damage. <Tank can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Damage: 300 every 0.5 seconds for 8 seconds (3000 on last tick)> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Unstoppble: Gives you the ability to block Special Infected pins, staggers and tank rock stuns. Chance is equal to current HP % + 10%. Minus -10% chance for each SI nearby above 3. Minus -20% chance for each Uber SI nearby. <Does not work if incapacitated or rushing> <Doesn't block status effects, tank punches or boomer slaps> <✖ VS>
- Freezing Grenade Launcher: Grenade Launcher Projectiles will freeze infected for 4 seconds (2 for tanks) on hit. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Hold USE before explosion to activate> <Cooldown: 60 seconds if at least one target is frozen> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
- Trailing Haste: If behind average survivor map progression, gain +10% move speed. If no visible allies within 400 units, gain another +10% move speed. In finales, when rescue has arrived you resist non-status slow effects. <Falling behind aspect has no effect in Survival, VS, or if only survivor alive>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Be sure to keep your distance at all times while shooting the dormant tank. If you get aggro'd into a corner that you cannot easily get out of, be sure to use the movement speed buffs to help you get out of there quickly. This can be useful, especially if you need to heal up afterwards.
- If you get low on health, be sure to heal with a first aid kit before you get incapacitated or killed.