Recommended Buff Set (DAT) (DTG)
Recommended Buff Set (Dormant Anguished Tank) (DTG V2.7)
Back to Main Guide Page
Back to Dormant Anguished Tank Page
Go to Recommended | DAT | DAT (UQC)
This Buff Set uses a number of quick damage dealing, crowd controlling and damage nullifying buffs to help you against the Dormant Anguished Tank.
" Indicates that the Buff should only be equipped if you already have max stacks with it when using the buff in a previous buff set, which will be marked in green.
* Indicates that the Buff is a secondary option to the primary buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set. For some buffs, they will need to be equipped if certain buffs get used in place of others, which will be marked in blue or purple.
** Indicates that the buff is a third option to the first buff being recommended here and is also indicated within the Notes section of the Buff Set.
+ Indicates that the Buff has a Buff Enhancement that can be applied to it.
Dormant Anguished COOP <top>
- (SURV) |Q| Piercing Bullets+ / Ranged Expert+*
- (SURV) Tank Slayer / Extra Powder+* / Freezing Grenade Launcher**
- (SURV) |E| Zapping Gun+ / Freezing Grenade*
- (SURV) Guardian Moustachio+ / |E| Auto-Medical+*
- (SURV) Tenacity+
- (SURV) |E| Advanced Morphine Injector+ / Underbarrel Launcher+*
- (SURV) |E| Tank Duelist+
- (SURV) |V| Protective Bag+
- (SURV) |E| Promise+ / Prescription Medication+*
- (SURV) |E| Berserk+
- (SURV) Mobility Master+
- (SURV) Dummy Rounds+ / Infirmary+* / Grenade Trap+**
- (SURV) |E| Sticky Bomb+
- (SURV) Adrenaline Run+
- (SURV) |V| War Wounds" / |V| Guardian Dispenser+*
- (SURV) Trailing Haste
Buff Enhancements Used:
- |E| Armor Piercing Bullets: Shots may reduce more Tank armor/Flesh armor/Barrier health with bonus reduction equal to weapon's bonus damage per shot. 100% chance VS Flesh armor or with AWP/Scout, otherwise 33% chance. (|Q| Piercing Bullets)
- |E| Ranged Perfectionist: Assault Rifles and SMGS no longer suffer range damage dropoff. (Ranged Expert)
- Armor Piercing Grenades: Pipe bomb explosions ignore target's defenses, halved instead on tanks. (Extra Powder)
- Loaded Zap: Zapping Gun will only activate when at 100% charge. (|E| Zapping Gun)
- Guardian Recharger: After activating, Guardian Moustachio/Guardian Dispenser will be available again in 4/5 minutes. (Guardian Moustachio) (|V| Guardian Dispenser)
- Auto-Defib: If you die with a defib held, it will activate after 7.5 seconds. Toggled by holding the WALK key while dead. <4 minute cooldown, cancels if alive, defib cannot be picked up if active> (|E| Auto-Medical)
- |E| Vigor: Increases heal effects from buffs/regen boosters by 3HP. (Tenacity)
- Boosted Morphine: Using Pills/Adrenaline will also give you 3HP/s regen for 20 seconds.
<Also works with Advanced Morphine Injector> (|E| Advanced Morphine Injector)
- Underbarrel Autoloader: Ammo piles no longer give charges but instead recharge once every 40 seconds. (Underbarrel Launcher)
- Tank Resister: 20% defense instead becomes 20% damage resistance. (|E| Tank Duelist)
- Restorative Bag: When Protective Bag is activated, heal 2% missing HP/s (8% max HP in VS).
(|V| Protective Bag)
- Pledge: You will heal 25HP every time you revive or free a non-bot survivor. <No effect from hanging revives> (|E| Promise)
- Doctor's Orders: You can also instead buy a first aid kit for half the price. (Prescription Medication)
- Juggernaut: Duration reduced to 20 seconds. While Berserk is active, resist stuns, paralysis, slows, freezing, staggers, fling, aim punch, knockdowns, fear and Special Infected Pins. 4 minute cooldown. (|E| Berserk)
- Momentum Blast: Gives dash 2 charges and enables ground slamming by pressing crouch after double jumping. Upon dashing or landing after a ground slam, infected in 200 units take 150 blast damage. <15 second cooldown for ground slam blast, fall damage below 250 ignored on ground slam> (Mobility Master)
- Phantom Rounds: When any ammo save chance activates, you have a second chance to gain another bullet. The second chance is equal to half of your total ammo save chance. (Dummy Rounds)
- Clinic: Allows you to carry an additional Pain Pills/Adrenaline. <Press the ZOOM key with your item held to swap between the two> (Infirmary)
- Reusable Traps: 3 seconds after placing, you can shove a placed trap to pick it back up. (Grenade Trap)
- Safety Bomb: Bomb detonation no longer affects survivors but radius reduced to 200.
(|E| Sticky Bomb)
- Stress Induced Adrenaline: In survival, tank spawns give 20 seconds of Adrenaline. While Adrenaline is active, +10% reload and deploy speed. (Adrenaline Run)
- If you prefer to have a medium damage increasing buff over an incremental damage increasing buff you can swap out the |Q| Piercing Bullets Buff for the Ranged Expert Buff.
- If you prefer to deal more damage with explosives over dealing more damage with guns, you can swap out the Tank Slayer Buff for the Extra Powder Buff. If you instead prefer to be able to crowd control the tank by freezing it, you can swap out either buff for the Freezing Grenade Launcher Buff.
- If you prefer to crowd control your dormant tank by freezing them rather than stunning them, you can swap out the |E| Zapping Gun Buff for the Freezing Grenade Buff.
- If you prefer to to have a buff that lets you heal automatically after taking lethal damage, rather than just having moustachio bless active, you can swap out the Guardian Moustachio Buff for the |E| Auto-Medical Buff.
- If you prefer to be able to crowd control the tank by freezing it rather than benefiting from regeneration, you can swap out the |E| Advanced Morphine Injector Buff for the Underbarrel Launcher Buff.
- If you don't need the additional maximum HP to survive but do want to be able to afford health items more easily, you can swap out the |E| Promise Buff for the Prescription Medication Buff.
- If you prefer to hold 2 health items for survival over having a chance to save ammo with your weapons, you can swap out the Dummy Rounds Buff for the Infirmary Buff. If you prefer instead to blow up the dormant tank for damage and crowd control, you can swap out either buff for the Grenade Trap Buff.
- If you don't need the additional maximum HP or don't have the buff effect stacks to survive but do want another way to not die should you take lethal damage, you can swap out the |V| War Wounds Buff for the |V| Guardian Dispenser Buff.
Weapons/Configs and loadout used in this buff set: <top>
- Rifles / Sniper Rifles
Recommended Weapon Config: (Rifles): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config: (AK47): +10%/-10% || -25%/+25% OR +25%/-25% || -25%/+25% without Ranged Expert Buff
Recommended Weapon Config (Snipers): +25%/-25% || -25%/+25%
Recommended Weapon Config (AWP): +0%/-0% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (Scout): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
Recommended Weapon Config (All Pistols): +25%/-25% || -20%/+20%
- Pipe Bomb
- First Aid Kit
- Pain Pills
- Recommended Bullets: Ice Bullets (It is recommended you use these bullets here)
- Recommended Booster: Supreme Regeneration Booster (It is recommended you use this booster here)'
NOTE: You can use either a Refined/Supreme Resilience Booster, then gain any bonus toaster that gives any bonus effect that's helpful for the dormant tank fight. Not required, but it helps.'
Benefits of this buff set:
- |Q| Piercing Bullets: Shooting the same Special Infected/Tank increases damage dealt by +1%/bullet, +2% with Single Pistol/Hunting Rifle or +3% with Magnum Pistol/AWP and Scout sniper rifles. With shotguns, chance to increase by 1%/pellet equal to 75% - (weapon tier * pellet count). Bonus resets upon changing target, weapon, or reloading. <Max bonus: Weapon clip size * per-bullet increment * pellet count>
- Ranged Expert: Assault Rifles and SMGs ignore the defenses of your target but aren't affected by attack bonuses from buffs. They shoot and reload -25% slower. <Ammo save chance halved for Rifles/SMGs> <✖ VS>
- Tank Slayer: You deal +300HP bonus damage to tanks every 4 seconds with ranged weapons. <✖ VS>
- Extra Powder: +400% increased pipe bomb damage done (Affects Traps).
- Freezing Grenade Launcher: Grenade Launcher Projectiles will freeze infected for 4 seconds (2 for tanks) on hit. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Hold USE before explosion to activate> <Cooldown: 60 seconds if at least one target is frozen> <✖ VS>
- |E| Zapping Gun: Moving around charges the pistol. For each 1% charge, +10 bonus damage dealt. When fully charged, +2 second stun on target affected. Each shot resets charge to 0. <Charged shot activates on special infected and tanks only> <Tanks can't be stunned in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Gun recharge rate: 3% per second running, 1% crouching/walking> <✖ VS>
- Freezing Grenade: Exchanges pipe bombs for freezing bombs. Infected caught in the explosion suffer movement speed loss or become frozen depending on distance. <Tanks can't be frozen in 15 seconds of another stun/freeze> <Incompatible with other buffs that change grenade contents> <Freeze duration: 10 seconds (2 for tanks)> <You can't freeze ice tanks>
- Guardian Moustachio: Gives 5 seconds of moustachio bless before taking lethal damage. <Works only once per round>
- |E| Auto-Medical: If you have a First Aid Kit, Pills or Adrenaline before taking lethal damage, they are automatically used if they can prevent death. Pills/Adrenaline will be used if they prevent incapacitation. Double tapping USE with Pills/Adrenaline and looking up can toggle auto-use. <First Aid Kit won't activate if hanging or from fall damage> <3 minute cooldown for First Aid Kit> <✖ VS>
- Tenacity: Grants +150 max HP per level above 200, max 5,000, but you die when HP reaches 0. Medkits heal 33% max HP, but can heal for 66% and 100% max HP once each per round if missing HP % is greater than the heal. <Increases aggro from Tanks by 50%> <Reduces your maximum defense by 20%> <✖ VS>
- |E| Advanced Morphine Injector: Heals 1% missing HP every 5 seconds while not incapacitated/poisoned or hanging from a ledge. <Incompatible with Morphine Injector Buff> <✖ VS>
- Underbarrel Launcher: SMGs, Assault Rifles and Shotguns gain an underbarrel launcher that launches explosive grenades. The projectile can be fired with the ZOOM key up to 3 times per map. You can refill it at ammo piles every 2 minutes. <Incompatible with Heat Missile/Floral Grenade Launch> <Can only fire once every 3 seconds> <With SG552 Rifle, hold WALK as well as ZOOM to activate> <✖ VS>
- |E| Tank Duelist: -20% less damage taken from tanks. +200% increased tank aggro to you. <✖ VS>
- |V| Protective Bag: Activates a protective bag to surround you putting you on stasis for 15s (3s on VS), where you can't attack or receive any damage. You can leave the bag early. <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Must be on the ground to activate> (Command: sm_protectbag)
- |E| Promise: Gain +1,000 increased max HP. If any survivor dies to the infected, you take (400 - their level) damage. This damage scales on current HP % and is nullified below 25% HP. Regain +100 HP for every non-bot survivor resurrected by you and block Promise damage for 10 seconds. <Bots or survivors falling behind dying won't hurt you> <No damage if incapacitated> <✖ VS>
- Prescription Medication: Can buy Pills/Adrenaline for free once per round in the !buy menu. 40% THP gained from using Pills/Adrenaline is given as bonus HP.
- |E| Berserk: When active, ignore defenses and immunities for 30 seconds. <Activate in !buy menu> <Cooldown: 5 minutes> <Immunity pierce negates attack bonuses> <✖ VS> (Command: sm_berserk)
- Mobility Master: Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again in midair or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction. <15 second cooldown for dashing, cannot jump for 0.5 seconds on dash start> <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, incapable of moving or scoped> <Triple tapping WALK key can toggle Dash functionality> <✖ VS>
- Dummy Rounds: Gives ranged weapons 20% chance not to consume ammunition. Doesn't work with Grenade Launchers.
- Infirmary: In place for throwables, able to equip 2 health items (First Aid/Defib) at once. <Can't pickup second health item with throwable in hand, swap to other weapon first> <Press the ZOOM key with your health item held to swap between the two> <You will drop your secondary item on death>
- Grenade Trap: Allows you to setup throwable traps on the floor. It will detonate if any enemy infected gets close and creates a projectile based on the trap type. Traps cannot trigger in 3 seconds of being placed, and will detonate after 2 minutes. <Shove floor with throwable in hand to place> <Pipe bomb traps deal double damage and have no dropoff> <Max 3 active traps. In VS max 3 of each type per round>
- |E| Sticky Bomb: Holding USE and shoving a 100K+ HP tank will deploy a bomb for 30 seconds, damaging all infected in 350 units for 10K true damage. Survivors near take up to 15% max HP damage and be stunned for up to 5 seconds, with the stun being avoidable by crouching and looking down and away from the blast. Only 1 bomb attachable at once. <Max 5 uses on same target> <Once per round> <✖ VS>
- Adrenaline Run: While at least 1 tank is alive/you are in water, gain infinite Adrenaline effect. <Tank aspect disabled in Survival gamemode>
- |V| War Wounds: After being revived from incapacitation only caused by infected, gain +7 HP per level above 201 additional maximum HP for the rest of the round. You also gain permanent health back equal to this when revived. <Hanging revives don't count> <Max gain per revive: 250 HP, Overall: 2,000HP> <✖ VS>
- |V| Guardian Dispenser: Before taking lethal damage, a health device triggers on you. Every half second heals nearby survivors for +8HP + 0.3% Max HP, clears 1% of slows and 1 corrosion stack. Cures most bad status effects and gives Moustachio Bless for 2 seconds when deployed. <Duration: 14 seconds> <Works only once per round> <First aid kit NOT required> <✖ VS>
- Trailing Haste: If behind average survivor map progression, gain +10% move speed. If no visible allies within 400 units, gain another +10% move speed. In finales, when rescue has arrived you resist non-status slow effects. <Falling behind aspect has no effect in Survival, VS, or if only survivor alive>
Tips for effectively using this buff set: <top>
- Be sure to have a way to protect yourself from SUPREME BULLET RELEASE, since trying to heal your way through the fury ability won't work. Either having you hide and the other player using the enraging waves + protective bag to keep the tank at bay or both of you activating the Protective Bag Buff should stop anyone from dying.
- If you get low on health, be sure to heal with a first aid kit before you get incapacitated or killed.