1. Click here to join our community discord server.

What Hardware Are You Running?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by szSteam_76561198058809778, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

DUDE omg, so all that blue light coming from under your table is from your CPU? I need to get one of those very soon in my room to replace my night lamp.:ukmeme:

2. Who's Ya Daddy

This is the one Im on right now. The other one a is basic intel Dual core machine, connected to a Huge TV in the living room its only meant to view movies & surf on internet.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 (6core) 1090 T 3.2 GHZ, didnt overclock it yet
    Monitor 1 :Ben Q 19 inch
    Monitor 2: Toshiba Regza 24 inch
    Cabinet/Tower : Coolermaster
    HDD: WD 500 GB + Hitachi 500 GB
    RAM: 4GB KINGSTON DDR3
    graphics: 1 GB on board (I dunno whats my board, but its some Gigabyte version) + Radeon HD 7500 series 2GB (3d)
    Mouse: Logitec i know it sucks :(
    Keyboard: Microsoft wireless
    Headphones: Sony
    Audio system: Custom made 7.1 surround
    O.S: windows 8 64 bit
    Motherboard: Gigabyte (some series)

3. Jack

Jack MG Donor

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.4GHz (Overclocked: 4.2GHz) (BLACK EDITION)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA78LMT-US2H

GFX Card: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 650 2GB OC (i would have got a better one, but i was on a budget...)

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 1600MHz + DDR3 4GB 1333MHz (i forgot the brand)

HARD DRIVE: Western Digital 1TB hard Drive + 70GB hard drive (boot drive)

PSU: PULSE 550W Power Supply (i don't recommend, it tends to get hot on heavy load)

Monitors: HP 1740 flatscreen monitor + usys widescreen flatscreen monitor

Case: CIT Satern BLUE (I REALLY don't recommend this at all. im changing soon.)

Speakers: Genius 7.1 Surround Sound system + custom speakers i've made for better sound instead of the small ones that are included

Picture: http://puu.sh/2KOLI.JPG (Note: im using the included speakers for the momvent while i find some room for my custom ones)

Oh btw, my boot hard drive runs on IDE for those above this one :P

4. SoX

SoX Game Server Moderator

Hi,
    The light is the LED Stripes glued behind my table.

[​IMG]

And they are remote for other colors (16 in all).

[​IMG]

5. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Someone correct me if im wrong but is it not bad to be running 2 different types of ram? well maybe not bad but does it not have some effect of how it runs and what performance you gain from it.

i think if there different clock speeds it will auto down to the lowest one as well (i think)

i could be completely wrong here but that's what i think anyway

EDIT: i think it could have been having two different sets of timings on your ram that causes problems, that sounds more probable

6. tank

tank MG Donor

yes, you can install. but both will run on the lowest component speed.. so ddr3 1600 module will only run at 1333.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

test comment / merge threads

8. Who's Ya Daddy

Im not very sure but they have some specific ferquencies. If you look closely its written on your ram in MHz. your mother board needs to be compatible with that frequency & all the ram stick preferable should be of the same frequency. it doesnt mean that two different Rams of 2 different frequencies cant run simultaneously but the chances are that you may see the blue screen of death more frequently & one of the ram's may get over heated. :smiley-computer001:

9. erik

erik MG Donor

Reminds me of an NZXT or a Thermaltake. I haven't heard the best reviews about their line.

NZXT isn't really lasting quality or durable, it's flashy under the guise of being premier. They make a KILLER laptop cooling fan, only cuz it's externally powered and won't fry your mobo cuz of fucked up voltage settings. I use a CRYO-X LX. Shitty chassis though.

I love my Thermaltake! Good quality, worth the money, VERY VERY easy assembly and disassembly. The hard drive bays are fixed with those easy-twist whatever-the-hell screws, so you don't have to work w/ falling metal pieces and other annoyances when working on your rig. They make a nice product as long as you don't get a model like the M9, which has plastic springs to back the power buttons (they just crack off and can't be replaced.)

MOBO-wise I'm still surviving on my ASUS P5Q Premium. They make a HELL of a motherboard and they have the best utilities and suite(s) for OC'ing. Personally my shit is too antiquated to even bother. Next rig I build I am definitely going to go w/ a similar mobo.

10. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I was reading this post when I look at my improvised test bench, and I wanna share it with you guys. If any of you want one I can build and ship in a few minutes :P that closet has 3 more in stock

And for a bonus check that mouse, I broke mine yesterday and then I kill a 2nd one trying to fix the other so I ended up with this one..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Duncan

Duncan New Member

U can't run 2 sticks of RAM in different speed, not even in single channel. The motherboard will adjust everything to the worst values among the 2 (that would mean lower speed and higher timings and command rate = 2). The major problem you could find there is where one of the sticks of ram needs more voltage than the other to work at that settings, even when u set it to work at less frecuency and higher latencies. But most of the time you can put different rams to work without major problems (in single channel).

12. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Now that I finally have my beautiful PC, I shall post up my specs. Pics to follow later. :)

CPU - Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler - Corsair H50 57.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - Asus Maximus V Extreme EATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Storage - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card

Case - Enermax Fulmo GT (Black) ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply - Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Monitor - Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor

Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse - Corsair Vengeance M95 Wired Laser Mouse

Headset - Corsair Vengeance 1500

13. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Pictures...

The inside:
    [​IMG]

The side:
    [​IMG]

The front:
    [​IMG]

The desk:
    [​IMG]

Light's out. :D
    [​IMG]

14. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Nice rig :) great combination of components. Enjoy

Love those rams btw and the new Corsair KB too

15. achilles

achilles Banned

My Rig

Specs : identity it by yourself ( too lazy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Building a new rig piece by piece. Just got my new cards 2x GTX 760. Gonna opt for the Asus X87 Sabertooth motherboard. The tower weighs 40lbs cant remember the name. Other hardware undetermined.

17. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Good for you Vulcan! You should also get a mic that blocks out anything your bird says :P

18. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

19. PurplePuppet

PurplePuppet Guest

My 1st Water Cooling Build....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. PurplePuppet

PurplePuppet Guest

Sorry for poor pics, but the best I could do with the camera I`ve have.... The Specs!!!
    OS
    Win 7 Ultimate x64
    Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20GHz (Sandybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor Oc @4.6GHz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
    Corsair Dominator PLATINUM 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C9 2400MHz Dual/Quad
    2 x ASUS Radeon HD 7970 ROG MATRIX Platinum (Crossfire)
    2 x EK-FC7970 Matrix - Acetal+Nickel Waterblocks
    XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel)
    XSPC RX480 Black High Performance Radiator
    XSPC RX360 Black High Performance Radiator
    XSPC Twin D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo
    Primochill Primoflex Advanced Tubing 19/13 - UV Blue
    30" Dell U3011 Monitor 2560 x 1600
    24" Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP 1920 x1200
    Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1 PCI-E Soundcard
    Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case
    Thermaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475W Modular Power Supply
    1x Samsung 512GB 840 Pro SSD Drive (Windows)
    3x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB SATA-II 64MB
    Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse
    Logitech Z-5500 THX® Certified 5.1 Speakers
    Plantronics GameCom Commander 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound Limited Edition Gaming Headset